1968 dart Pro street/ half pro touring build

-
I have been making some slow progress, Bought a new Lincoln welder and cart and all safety gear. I have also been buying parts for my dart - list so far-

New Hotchkiss adjustable strut rods

New AMD rear window trim

New AMD drip rail trim

New AMD right rear taillight support panel

New front windshield trim clips

New AMD front window trim

New Billet fuel pump block off plate for small block mopar

New AMD right and left full quarter panels

New us car tool core support stiffener

New us car tool inner fender braces.

New PST leaf spring relocation kit

New AMD trunk/quarter extensions

New us car tool drive shaft loop

New us car tool frame connectors

New PST idler arm

New PST pitman arm

New PST inner and outer tie rod ends

New High performance PST Tie rod sleeves

And much much more, the list keeps growing , we will be starting metal work within a couple days now.

Thanks a lot , I've got enough money saved up right now to get the body done and hopefully get it painted sometime in april.

We started today..

The radiator support was made to go straight over the factory one but It looks better without it and it doesn't effect the stiffness at all... so we cut out the old one and fitted this one as a new support!

We also got one Inner fender brace completely on and one fitted and ready to go on..

Everything needs some finishing work but Overall It Looks amazing! Im so HAPPY!

Attachments

• 1968 dart.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 569
  • by5on.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 564
  • t4mnm.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 565
  • verb.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 549
  • fnng.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 555
  • cen3c.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 598
  • dart8094.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 570
  • fdg.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 565
Today we are working On getting Both the wheel wells out as well as the trunk floor and extensions!! It should be going to the body shop Next Weekend!!!

Here's some pics of the wheel tubs out

Attachments

• image-843977489.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 520
  • image-829378428.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 496
  • image-1642623775.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 492
Today I worked on getting the right inner fender well all smoothed out and ready while my dad worked on cleaning up the drivers rear frame where the tub was.

We also got some patches welded in for the heater hoses and blower motor .

Attachments

• image-1419461098.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 519
  • image-3241196661.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 499
  • image-2546872162.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 511
  • image-2183866464.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 504
  • image-359246389.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 489
  • image-2647684356.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 497
  • image-3085757494.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 506
Yesterday I got My US car tool door hinge bolts in and my door hinges and strikers .. so today we decided to start smoothing the engine bay a little and also try to get the frame connectors and torque Boxes in.

We got one side done and welded in until we ran out of wire and were pooped to much to grind and finish .. Were getting there

Cool....hope your high school has special parking for the hybrids / green cars......and you park right in the center of it.

Very nice. It's your generation that will one day keep this as we know it going after us old guy's are gone. share your knowledge. I know for sure I'm not the only one that is proud of what your doing.

I must say I like your progress so far. You are doing a fine job! You are using a lot of the same frame stiffening components as I am on my 70 Dart. Thank you for all the pictures and keep up the good work.

Well it looks like it will be heading to the body shop this week or at the latest Saturday ... Got the frame connecters and torque boxes cleaned up and primed and then seam sealed. It is coming.. last things on the list are cutting off the drivers trunk/quarter extension and putting some more little touches on the engine bay... I DID finally get my new trunk pan in yesterday so.... its coming along

Keep it up man! You're doing much more than I am, and you're a few years younger than me. Love what you're doing.

Thanks a lot .. I'm trying my best to get it done for my 16th birthday.. wish me luck .. I turn 14 in April.

You're light years ahead of me. I got my car a few weeks after 17. Coming up on 18 real soon, and still haven't finished it. Gotta finish it before college. You've got plenty of time. It'll be an awesome ride when its done

You're light years ahead of me. I got my car a few weeks after 17. Coming up on 18 real soon, and still haven't finished it. Gotta finish it before college. You've got plenty of time. It'll be an awesome ride when its done

Ya.. seems like a lot of time... We will see.. Hard to build a car with your own money with no job. It will get done though and I will feel better in the end knowing its all mine. :burnout:

-
Back