1969 Barracuda 340 Formula S Restoration

-
This manual was very helpful in installing the wiring in the dash. 1967-1969 Barracuda, Valiant and Dart Electrical and Body Assembly Manual Reprint
This is one page showing accessory lamp and headlights on reminder buzzer
Email001.jpg

Making a bit more progress. Finished checking out all the wiring in the dash and got it back in the car. Front/rear carpet installed. The rear carpet for a fastback is a special one that has the extra material along the rear edge. I REALLY hate installing front carpets with a console!!! Must have had that carpet in and out at least 10 times to get it trimmed correctly!! Console finished and installed. I will probably start on recovering all the seats next. I wish I could do it as fast as Legendary does it in their videos!!

IMG_8066_1024x768.jpg
IMG_8051_1024x768.jpeg
IMG_8064_1024x768.jpeg
IMG_8065_1024x768.jpeg

It's going to be a beauty when it's done & you will pat yourself on the back for all of your extra effort.

I’ve been working on a 69 Formula S 340 for about 6 months now…not as heavily optioned but I have known of this particular car for the last 50 years. Luckily another friend also knew about it and being a Mopar faithful he spent 17 years trying to buy it then 30 years protecting it then allowed me to restore it….It’s my first Mopar and always being a Ford person, it has been an educational experience….keep up the great work and don’t leave a single detail out!!

It’s my first Mopar and always being a Ford person, it has been an educational experience
Welcome to the MoPar side, expand your horizons, good choice. Although I've often said no car like a MoPar and stick to it. I like Fords too, cut one arm I bleed Chrysler blue the other Ford blue. You got to just like all, life's too short to just single down on one, no offense to the folks who only like MoPars. I get it, really.

Assembled the rear interior. Rear window defogger on passenger side and rear speaker on drivers side. Cant go any further here until I get the rear side windows installed.
7CB6F700-0904-42A5-AB30-B9B9EA613D39.jpeg
0187A64F-4844-4E8B-980B-27E9A4A27055.jpeg
2E9C0F74-DD54-438F-AB80-40BC49E1DF14.jpeg
5A6E17E6-933E-421C-94DF-979FFCCB7EE3.jpeg

8A16A92F-DFBE-4361-ACE5-02CC4C301AD0.jpeg
FB5B8202-5304-4B1D-9906-93551760127E.jpeg

Now if I could only remember how I got this @#$%^ window mechanism contraption out, then it would likely be a whole lot easier reinstalling it!!!
IMG_8181_1024x768.jpeg

This is when I took it out
IMG_5999_1024x575.JPG

This was after removing 50+ years of dried out grease!!
IMG_8177_576x768.jpeg

Lots of layers of painter's tape and patience...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, good luck.

Agree with JoeMc !!

Tape everything ! I actually used duct tape over the masking tape so it wouldn't tear through. If I remember correctly, you have to put the edge where the arched slide is in through the widest opening in the quarter panel . Then, rotate the assembly until the geared section clears the quarter panel opening. Finally, rotate the window track into position. Also, I found it easier to leave everything relatively loose until the glass is installed in the track. Hope this makes some sense as it hard to describe the procedure!!

Agree with JoeMc !!

Tape everything ! I actually used duct tape over the masking tape so it wouldn't tear through. If I remember correctly, you have to put the edge where the arched slide is in through the widest opening in the quarter panel . Then, rotate the assembly until the geared section clears the quarter panel opening. Finally, rotate the window track into position. Also, I found it easier to leave everything relatively loose until the glass is installed in the track. Hope this makes some sense as it hard to describe the procedure!!

Duct tape over masking tape is a good tip
I sure would not have been happy installing this on the assembly line all day, every day!
Thx

Yes, absolutely right. My hands were shredded after doing this miserable task. One thing I made sure of was that every piece was perfect or at least as good as I could get and cleaned and lubricated as you did.. I wouldn't want to do this twice!!

Duct tape over masking tape is a good tip
I sure would not have been happy installing this on the assembly line all day, every day!
Thx
If you did this every day, you would get the hang of it, and it probably wouldent be too bad. The first day or 2 would suck though

A real RPIA for sure glad my Duster only has door glass on tracks. I've thought how cool it would look with roll down rear glass and front vent windows, but that's something I'll decide once I get back to the car itself...

Success!!!! I installed one piece at a time through the big hole. The first piece was the big cast bracket with the front track on it. Then the rear track and left these pieces loose, and finally the mechanism. Some manipulation is needed to get all 3 rollers in the slots, then bolt everything in place.

IMG_8190_1024x768.jpeg

Actually no cuts at all!!!! I think the media blasting might have dulled all the sharp spots.

Jeez you really lucked out LOL !! All that's left now is the adjustments to make sure the glass seats properly against the roof rail seals and the door glass seal. you probably know this but just in case.. leave the door cards off until the adjustments are done.

-
Back