1969 Barracuda 340 Formula S Restoration

-
Brake linings were found with some cracks. New ones on order from RockAuto
IMG_8643_1024x768.jpeg

Cleaned up a few rusted brake parts

IMG_8646_576x768.jpeg
IMG_8656_576x768.jpeg

My usual process for plain steel parts is glass bead blast, derust with Evaporust, self etch primer, Seymour stainless steel paint and in some cases a few coats of Eastwood Diamond Clear.
Jim

Christmas came early⛄️. Finally got across the border to Port Huron to pick up a bunch of packages for my Cuda that were sitting in the Bluewater Shipping Depot, some since Sept 2020!!
489BF15F-7862-4032-A81B-30CC5C263E37.jpeg

Got the axle & 3rd member cleaned and painted. Just finished bolting the 3rd member to the axle housing with a Lube Locker gasket. This gasket design looks like it will make the joint leak free. Started installing the axles as well.

IMG_8680_1024x768.jpeg
IMG_8737_1024x768.jpeg
IMG_8738_1024x768.jpeg
IMG_8754_1024x768.jpeg
IMG_8745_1024x768.jpeg
IMG_8752_1024x768.jpeg

I just tried to order from them... took my Paypal $'s and then redirected back to tell me can't find shipping quote to my address and stuck there...

Man I hate aftermarket parts!!!! The spring on the end of the emergency brake cable was too long and could not get it assembled. Fortunately I kept the old one and the spring on the end was a lot shorter!!! After cutting the spring shorter , it all goes together with no problem!!! Right Stuff RSBCY03
IMG_8756_1024x768.jpeg
IMG_8757_1024x768.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Wayne
Did you make contact with them?
Jim
Nope, they sent me an email saying "not to forget to check out, items in cart". Checked Paypal and so far money didn't come out, guess it was just in cue for when I hit complete the order. Oh well, it won't let me ship to Ontario. Did you buy direct and ship to Canada? or through a Canadian dealer?

Nope, they sent me an email saying "not to forget to check out, items in cart". Checked Paypal and so far money didn't come out, guess it was just in cue for when I hit complete the order. Oh well, it won't let me ship to Ontario. Did you buy direct and ship to Canada? or through a Canadian dealer?
I had it shipped to my Parts Depot in Port Huron!!!

Been working on cleaning all the parts for the door window mechanisms. The crank mechanisms were first on the list. Lots of old dried grease. One of the springs was very rusty, so I decided to remove it. Removal was fine - installation was a #$%%^&! My advice - don't ever take this spring off!!!!
More parts that no one will ever see!!!

IMG_8782_576x768.jpeg

IMG_1218_1024x768.JPG

Here is another thing never to do!!! Was installing the door hinges. 2 bolts on each hinge are installed from inside.. When installing the upper hinge, I dropped one of the bolts down inside the A pillar boxed section!!!! Took MANY hours to fish it back out!!! Had to lower (ie rotate it on the 2 side bolts) the dash as well - after just installing the steering column!!! What a dummy - should have put the hinges in before the dash!!!
IMG_8868_1024x768.jpeg

Jim, you do amazing work!!!
Thanks very much. Just an “experienced” (ie old in years only!) retired engineer with nothing better to do!
Oakwood!! Do you know where Cambray is??? Grew up on a farm there! Small world.

Looking amazing. Cant wait to see it finished.

Thanks for the tip on the door hinges. Hoping to be reinstalling the doors next week. What did you use as a sealant between the bolt and hinge? It looks like originally a rubber sealant that filled the square void around the bolt, but I wasn't sure what they used.

Cambray, do you know Jim and Sonya Whitaker from there? It was a 2nd home to me. I lived in Oakwood, Little Britain, Lindsay for many years.
Thanks very much. Just an “experienced” (ie old in years only!) retired engineer with nothing better to do!
Oakwood!! Do you know where Cambray is??? Grew up on a farm there! Small world.

Looking amazing. Cant wait to see it finished.

Thanks for the tip on the door hinges. Hoping to be reinstalling the doors next week. What did you use as a sealant between the bolt and hinge? It looks like originally a rubber sealant that filled the square void around the bolt, but I wasn't sure what they used.
I used 3M strip caulk.
IMG_8867_1024x768.jpeg

-
Back