1969 DART CUSTOM FULL RESTORATION

-
Progress!!

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

Lots going on so I'm sorry for the lack of updates. Got some paint on it and have the shell wet sanded about ready to paint. Trying to buy another house with a shop now so things are crazy.

IMG_1273.JPG

IMG_1258.JPG

IMG_1256.JPG

Mocked up the rearend with the caltracs, Viking double adjustable shocks and 295/50/15's. I did machine out three holes on the spring relocation bracket 1.25" back from the original holes to move the entire rearend back.

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

Was never a big fannof the mopar metallic green, but thats probably because i only saw it faded out. As a fresh color it looks great. Now i can see why a lotbof people ordered that and B5 blue. Both colors looked great when freshly applied.

That paint is absolutely tits. I think the B5 blue on my Valiant is a 10, but yours is definetely going to take it to 11..:thumbsup:

That paint is absolutely tits. I think the B5 blue on my Valiant is a 10, but yours is definetely going to take it to 11..:thumbsup:

Ha ha ha an 11?!?! I'll take that and thank you!! Hoping to get some more color on it soon!!

Was looking thru the older pix you had on page 1. I noticed the 4 speed pedals. Are these the high perf ones with the needle bearings for the clutch pivot that would be standard on 340, 383, and 440 cars?

If not the high perf pedal setup, whats in there is a cheap nylon split bushing. A heavy duty clutch will wear that right out. Check with Chris "ValiantOne" right here on fabo. He makes really nice machined bronse clutch and brake pedal bushings to replace the plastic. The price he charges for a set to do both brake and clutch is about what you would pay for just the plastic clutch ones if you find them. These fit perfect out of the box. no file to fit, and no pedal slop.

I bought the brake n clutch ones for my 67 4 speed, and just the brake ones for my sons 69 auto.

Heres a pic

20160409_173126.jpeg

20160412_193310.jpeg

20160604_151654.jpeg

Last edited:
Was looking thru the older pix you had on page 1. I noticed the 4 speed pedals. Are these the high perf ones with the needle bearings for the clutch pivot that would be standard on 340, 383, and 440 cars?

If not the high perf pedal setup, whats in there is a cheap nylon split bushing. A heavy duty clutch will wear that right out. Check with Chris "ValiantOne" right here on fabo. He makes really nice machined bronse clutch and brake pedal bushings to replace the plastic. The price he charges for a set to do both brake and clutch is about what you would pay for just the plastic clutch ones if you find them. These fit perfect out of the box. no file to fit, and no pedal slop.

I bought the brake n clutch ones for my 67 4 speed, and just the brake ones for my sons 69 auto.

Awesome info thank you I will contact him soon!

Finally shiny! These pics are immediately after spraying it so it'll flow out more overnight. Got a few bugs in it since we did it in the garage instead of a booth but there's about 5-6 coats clear so they'll sand & polish out.

After it sits a few days I'm going to tape off the exterior and bag it so I can chip guard the rear wheel wells and do a fine texture undercoat on the bottom of the car. Then I have to get the suspension on it so I can roll it out of there and finish the rest of the body parts.

IMG_1451.JPG

IMG_1446.JPG

IMG_1445.JPG

IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_1442.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

And for some reason I love the bottom picture of it before it was cleared lol.
I saw that bottom picture and was going to ask if you did a black base coat before the green. I too like the others never really liked the green but seeing it fresh definitely changed my mind. I guess the ones you see faded don't show it's true beauty. Your car looks beautiful!

How easy was it to paint on the rotisserie? Did you rotate to do the top etc? Have you painted inside the cabin yet? If you did I must of missed that picture.

Again, you do great work and the car is looking awesome!

-
Back