1969 Dart Swinger 340

-

dakota440sixpack

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just joined the forum but I've been reading a lot of helpful info on here for many years. I purchased this car 6 years ago, right before I graduated college with the intent of having it completely done within a few years. But I ended up going to graduate school for 5 years so I didn't have time or money to invest in it. So after sitting in my garage for 6 years I'm anxious to get started on it. But I now realize just how much work and money it will take in this condition.

The car is originally a 4 speed, Swinger 340, but now it has a 318 auto. It is supposed to still have the 8 3/4 rear. After reading some posts about people switching VIN plates on cars and knowing only to check the VIN plate when I bought it; I got a little worried. So I checked out the car again and did find the stamp on the radiator core support matched the VIN. But there is no fender tag and I didn't locate a stamp on the trunk lip yet. I also searched for a build sheet but was only able to find the bottom half of one behind the glove box.

I am trying to locate the original engine and transmission (might as well play the lottery i know). I have acquired a copy of an old title to the car when it was owned in New Jersey but I haven't been successful in contacting that previous owner so far.

Well this is a long enough post already. What do you guys think of her?

Attachments

• Front Left Quarter.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 314
  • Right Side.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 273
  • Rear.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 339
  • Left Quarter Panel.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 262
  • Left Inside.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 269
  • Dash.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 279
  • Dash 2.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 292
  • Build Sheet (small).pdf
    53.1 KB · Views: 88
Nice !! If you post up your vin a member may have you motor.

-
Back