1969 Dodge Dart-Forrest

-

Forrest

Reaction score
1969 Dodge Dart, Base Model, Van Nuys, CA. plant. 273 V8, 904 automatic tranny, 7-1/4 rear end, 10" drums all around on small bolt circle wheels, factory AC, bench seats, light metallic green paint with saddle interior. After restoration it will have a 360, 727 trans, 8-3/4 rear end, disc brakes up front, larger drum on rear, haven't decided whether to go 3:23 or 3:55 on the rear end ratio. Also, new paint, new interior, floor shifter.
Thanks For Looking,
Forrest

Forrest and Bob (2) (Small).JPG

000_0043_01 (Small).jpg

000_0044 (Small).jpg

000_0045 (Small).jpg

000_0048 (Small).jpg

000_0056 (Small).jpg

101_3583 (Small).jpg

101_3596 (Small).jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Very nice... I look forward to seeing how it turns out...

Nice find. Coming along fine.

BTW the only vehicles coming out of the Van Nuys plant were GM. Chevy's and the last run was the Camaro/Firebird '82-'92.

Your dart was made at the L.A. plant, the one with the Pentastar. :) My '66 also was made there.

Nice find. Coming along fine.

BTW the only vehicles coming out of the Van Nuys plant were GM. Chevy's and the last run was the Camaro/Firebird '82-'92.

Crap, I got the wrong city! And I grew up here. Change that from Van Nuys to City of Commerce.

You might have a problim with that water pump,you need the short style so your fan blade will clear your rad,or are you going to use an electric fan? coming along good.

or are you going to use an electric fan? coming along good.[/QUOTE]

Yes sir, Snake. Electric fan with as large an aftermarket radiator and shroud as I can fit in there. That is an Edelbrock, high volume water pump. This car will see a lot of slow moving, street cruising so cooling will be very important.
Thanks,
Forrest

or are you going to use an electric fan? coming along good.

Yes sir, Snake. Electric fan with as large an aftermarket radiator and shroud as I can fit in there. That is an Edelbrock, high volume water pump. This car will see a lot of slow moving, street cruising so cooling will be very important.
Thanks,
Forrest[/QUOTE]

good stuff all what you said will keep her cool,good luck and keep us posted.

Primed and ready for more blocking

Attachments

• 100_4361.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 494
  • 100_4363.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 500
  • 100_4360.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 477
  • 100_4359.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 497
Looking good! I am enjoying your project, it is going to be very nice!

A guy can block forever, or so it would seem. I built a 4 foot long blocking board for doing my doors, maybe a little extreme, but it worked. :D

Keep the pictures coming. :toothy8::toothy8:

-
Back