1969 Dodge Dart-Forrest

-
Forrest ! I didn't realise that you were working on your Dart so close to where I live !
You're right over by Hwy 79N @ Murrieta Hot Springs !

B.T.W. The former Chrysler L.A. Plant was on the s/e corner of Eastern @ Slauson ; it closed in July 1971 , due to Chrysler's decision to triple-stack their rail transport , which the L.A. plant couldn't facilitate due to its limitations .

Somemore slow progress. Body and paint are done. Metallic Silver, two stage paint. Body and frame are sitting in the garage on blocks with casters. Rear end is almost done: 8-3/4 with 3:55 sure grip. Tranny being finished up: 904 with full manual, reverse pattern valve body and all the other goodies that go into a performance tranny rebuild. Still need front suspension rebuilt, new shocks, new torsion bars, new strut rods, disc brake kit front and rear, rear leafs, dash board fabbed up for aftermarket gauges, complete interior, windows and trim cleaned, polished, and installed, complete re-wiring of entire car...and thats it! Or so I think.

Attachments

• Dart comes home.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 300
  • dart at home 2.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 324
  • firewall done.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 307
  • dart on blocks.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 298
No more a/c or even heat/defrost, I see from your engine compartment pics. Is this car for racing? Must have wipers and defroster to be street legal here where I live.

I did the same thing with my car. Heater Delete and Wiper Delete. I will however have both that work. A member here turned me onto using a 2006 Charger Wiper Motor. It mounts under the dash and also has intermediate speeds etc. For the heater you can use a Mohave Heater or use a 110 House space Heater with a Converter. Remember this is California and the need for a heater is just about never. You can also use a Converter and bring a Heat Blanket for your Women in the Passenger seat!!:D

this 2006 wiper motor swap you did gives you intermittent wipers? do you need a matching switch to go with it? Don't want to hijack this thread so please PM me the info or start a thread on it. Other members may want this info also. thanks

this 2006 wiper motor swap you did gives you intermittent wipers? do you need a matching switch to go with it? Don't want to hijack this thread so please PM me the info or start a thread on it. Other members may want this info also. thanks

Yes you need a new switch to control it. Rockauto sells the wiper motor for I think $60.00." mopardude318 " is the member that has it installed in his car. He sent me these pictures below......

Sorry for the Hijack Forrest....

View attachment IMG_2833.jpg

View attachment IMG_2836.jpg

View attachment IMG_2838.jpg

View attachment IMG_2839.jpg

View attachment IMG_2834.jpg

And the switch info is? stock ? wiring hook up? sorry Forrest

Its Great seeing any A body restored, Bloody sick and Tired of these shitty chevs and fords. Mopar all the way!

QUOTE dartfastback Must have wipers and defroster to be street legal here where I live.

In California: Self operating wipers required on all vehicles, except motorcycles, with a windshield. Defroster required on vehicles carrying passengers for hire. No racing, unless I find Mad Dart lined up on Nighthawk Way. I'll need an 8 second head start, though.

-
Back