1970 Dart Swinger

-
Is all the paint you are using the Summit brand? I have been looking at their stuff and I havent heard much about it from actual users.

Is all the paint you are using the Summit brand? I have been looking at their stuff and I havent heard much about it from actual users.
Yep. It's all Plum pearl Metallic acrylic urethane paint, and the clear is Summit's High Solids Urethane clear.

I'm really happy with how that paint goes on. It lays down real nice, and flows out good, too.

Ok, a little more done tonight.

I got the RH fender finished, and I just have to block and level it once I get the rest of the car primed. I'm happy with how it came out so far.

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

LOL!

I'm hoping so. I haven't really had any time to work on it for the last 2 weeks.
Being an adult sucks sometimes!

I have been busy again. :burnout:

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

That door is about 25% done. It needs to be blocked, filled, primed, and blocked and primed again before it gets finish sanded.

I have this sneaking suspicion that in the end I will have built a semi-show car. (It will be driven no matter what, though.)

Thanks, Homecloned. I'm hoping it comes out like I expect it to.

Dang your doing good, but:

Why not take the bumper off....its 4 bolts. :rolleyes:

And the Cragers....... #-o

I haven't bothered with the bumper because it's junk anyway. It needs to either be redipped or replaced completely.

Wheels are garbage too.

I have been busy lately. Here's a few pics for those who are still interested.

Roof is now done and ready for a finish sand, and the LH quarter panel is pretty close.

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

Before:
(You can't see the crappy body work in this pic, but the PO did a bad job on a spot next to the rear window, and I had to sand it all out and start over)
DSC03877.jpg

Thanks, homecloned! I'm trying to make just a little progress every time I go out there. Sometimes being an adult just sucks! Sometimes I'd rather not go to work and just work on the car instead. LOL!

There doesn't seem to be much interest here, but I will update anyway.

Yesterday, I got the trunk area sanded, filled, and primed.

Before:
DSC03806.jpg

After:

DSC00084.jpg

Today's work:

Under side of the deck lid is now done, and it is somewhat aligned and ready to wet sand and then paint.

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

-
Back