1970 Poison Dart

-
My bad ... it's an '07 color, code is PFB. If you spot a Charger R/T in this color, take a look at it. Gold metalflake as well as some pearl, made about 1600 cars for the US in this new Sublime. Not original - but neither is my Swinger, it's actually NOS (Not Original or Stock :tongue:)

Thank You I will have to look around for one of those green monsters!!=P~

We made some more progress on assembly. We got the rear bumper installed, rear tires and rims mounted and we are still waiting on the front tires. The rearend was cleaned up due to overspray from the body shop. Rebel Dart, it is starting to look like we arent going to make big dadys also but we are still going to go and probably bring my Dads Duster. Ill keep you guys updated as we continue to push on.

P.S. We noticed upon installation that the rear bumper sits a little crooked. Is thier any adjustment at all? We looked at a pic of the bumper when we bought the car and it was crooked so we know we didnt just put it on wrong. It doesnt seem to want to move and it was a PITA to get all 6 bolts in place. It only moves side to side but its crooked vertically. Any help would be appreciated.

DSC03101.jpg

DSC03104.jpg

DSC03106.jpg

DSC03110.jpg

DSC03119.jpg

Is it possible to reem out the mounting holes in the brackets to give you some room to straighten the bumper? You might want to try a die grinder with a good carbide bit.

If I remember right the bumper is adjustable left to right and up and down.
With the assistance of another person so you dont scratch it, loosen the bolts and adjust it,so it is straight. Finger tight one side and adjust the other to match. Then tighten.

The car is looking killer !!!!

Super Nice dart mopar teen, what size rims (front & back) that lime green & chrome looks awesome

Are you going to put bumble bee stripes or are you going to leave it a solid color?

If you've loosened everything up and can't get that passenger side up to where it needs to be, somethings going to have to be "modified". I'd rather "wallow" out the holes on the brackets than the holes on the body. I had an issue with my front bumper yesterday, it needed to go back about a 1/2" on the drivers side, wasn't going to happen. I pulled the bracket off and cut the slotted holes a little longer to give me the adjustment I needed. If you're like me, that 1/2" will drive you nuts till it's right !

Thanks for the input guys. Our next course of action thanks to you guys is to ream out the mounting holes and see if it will adjust to our desired height. Next on our list is to get the front rims mounted on the tires, get the steering column painted and installed along with the dash so we can drop the motor and start doin some mechanical work and no more bodywork! Thanks again and beautiful grille and bumper Rebel Dart.
TONY GTS: The rears are 15 x 7 with 4.5 in backspacing and we had to trim the lip on the underside about 1/8 of an inch. The fronts are going to be 15 x 4 or 15 x5. I was going to put the hood stripe but we changed our plans and are just going to put on a flat black bumble bee stripe. Thanks again for the input guys and i will keep you updated as we wrench forward.

What size are the tires ? Can you snap a picture of the clearance of at the springs and 1/4 ?

Hey AdamR, Specs: 255-60-r15 (15 x7 4.5 BS ) Dont quote me on this but I think they are just about the biggest tire you can squeeze in thier with stock spring location and wheel wells ( I heard people say they have 15 x 8's).
All you need to do is trim the lip a liitle and you cant tell unless you look from under. some pics.

DSC03122.jpg

DSC03123.jpg

DSC03124.jpg

DSC03125.jpg

DSC03126.jpg

DSC03127.jpg

How much room to the spring ? looks like theres a 1" there ? If you ran a 5.5" backspacing would it clear the wheel well and spring ?

I measured it and it looks to be roughly 1 1/2 inch. Personally i dont know if it would clear but i think the problem was finding the rims we wanted with a 5 inch backspace or a 4.75 inch backspace, i forgot. on second thought I would say it would clear because the gap between the tire and springs is fairly big and you could probably shift it in toward the springs with some more BS but the lip is pretty thick to. honestly im sure thier is someone on here with more knowledge then a 17 year old kid about this but I would say yes. Hope this helps.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=33328

First time I have seen this build!!! You are doing a great job and the car is looking great.

Also, I don't know if you realize this or not (I didn't at 17) but not EVERY kid in the world has a family like you do! Supportive and involved with you and your hobby. I was a lucky one too. My dad and mom both helped me with my car hobby, bought parts, helped me on the car and went to shows with me. Now my wife and son does as well..... What I am saying is, take the time to hug them and tell them how much you appreciate them every chance you get!!!

First time I have seen this build!!! You are doing a great job and the car is looking great.

Also, I don't know if you realize this or not (I didn't at 17) but not EVERY kid in the world has a family like you do! Supportive and involved with you and your hobby. I was a lucky one too. My dad and mom both helped me with my car hobby, bought parts, helped me on the car and went to shows with me. Now my wife and son does as well..... What I am saying is, take the time to hug them and tell them how much you appreciate them every chance you get!!!

agreed!!!!!!

Hey AdamR, Specs: 255-60-r15 (15 x7 4.5 BS ) Dont quote me on this but I think they are just about the biggest tire you can squeeze in thier with stock spring location and wheel wells ( I heard people say they have 15 x 8's).
All you need to do is trim the lip a liitle and you cant tell unless you look from under. some pics.
Hey AdamR, I have a correction on the specs of the rims. The BS is 4 inch not 4 and a half also my Dad says the same tire with the 4 1/2 inch BS would be perfect. We tried to get them but that BS isnt available with our style of rims. Take care.

TONY GTS: The rears are 15 x 7 with 4.5 in backspacing and we had to trim the lip on the underside about 1/8 of an inch. The fronts are going to be 15 x 4 or 15 x5. I was going to put the hood stripe but we changed our plans and are just going to put on a flat black bumble bee stripe. Thanks again for the input guys and i will keep you updated as we wrench forward.

because your car is lime green either black or white will look good but IMO i think a white stripe will look "HOT" on that car. It is your car and you can do what ever you want, but id really think hard about doing a flat color, id keep it glossy but its your decision & im just giving out my opinion.

my car is all one solid color with just a white stripe & it pops out nice with the shiny wheels

90c22783.jpg

e08b1d3f.jpg

have you driven the car yet? you might have to take it slow going around turns because of body roll,

my rear tires were that far away from the lip and when ever i would make a turn it would scrape my tires & make a nasty noise, I had to drive real slow around around turns & i got tired off drivers almost running into the back of me so i cut the entire lip off & now it clears even when i have to go a little fast around turns

e08b1d3f.jpg

Wassup guys, havent updated in a while. We had a setback with the steering column so we havent done much really except the small reassembly stuff. We reassembled the dash and completed the motor for installation as soon as the steering column is installed. We just got back from Big Daddys today and saw some nice cars and got some good parts. We will be dropping in the engine very soon and start the major reassembly. Ill keep you guys updated.

DSC03194.jpg

DSC03199.jpg

DSC03211.jpg

DOUBLE TROUBLE.jpg

Your doing one heck of a job!!Keep up the good work and take your time.You have done more bodywork in a short time than I,ve done in 45 years.You must have a very good coach.Nice that your family,s helpin out with the little things it,s a great help Yes?Keep us posted ,great thread!!:cheers:

-
Back