1970 Swinger 340 Hemi Orange 4 speed

-
Wow, Your Dart is coming along very nice.
You sure have much more patience than I do.
I'm looking forward to seeing it on the road

Any chance that you might come to Australia for a Holiday. I have a 1970 Valiant VG Pacer Hardtop that is needing to have a new front welded on.

Haha, I wouldn't mind going to Australia!

Wow, Your Dart is coming along very nice.
You sure have much more patience than I do.
I'm looking forward to seeing it on the road

Thanks! I can't wait to drive it!

I sandblasted the hood latch/grille support as well as sanded the fender extensions. I removed the studs and soaked them in gun wash then in evaporust for a day.. I then epoxied them back into the extensions so I don't have to worry about them stripping out. I fibreglassed the moulding holes up too.

Your car Is looking good. You have inspired me to work on mine this winter. Might be driving it by fall. Are u going to the swap meet in stony plain tomorrow?

It's a new this year swap meet . I texted you the link. A few buddies and I are heading in there tomorrow.

It's a new this year swap meet . I texted you the link. A few buddies and I are heading in there tomorrow.

Thanks again for letting me know about the Swap meet!

It's at Stony Plain Chrysler Randy, Scatpacker (Kevin) is going to have a table there. Going to check it out first thing. Danny

I met Kevin and talked to him for a bit, I'm sure I'll be buying a lot more stuff from you, Kevin! It was nice to meet you. I was there around 1 today and missed meeting some of you guys.

Kevin, those hood scoop grommets fit perfect on my hood.. They were actually really tight going in.

I also got an interior screw kit, thanks Darren.

Awesome progress!

BTW...did you know the original hood scoop round seals were not rubber but made of foam? I have a set of originals and a set of non-correct rubber ones that almost look dead on too....but have to dig them out for pics if you are interested. Keep up the good work, hope my 70 340 Swinger looks this good someday:prayer:

Randy, I've taken more than a little time off reading your thread--it was actually a good thing as you've now achieved monochrome! I knew from the first time I read your account of the build on this car, it would be nothing short of magnificent--and you still have yet to disappoint. I absolutely cannot wait to see the thread update where you say it's running, driving, winning car shows--and the most important part--providing endless smiles as you cruise it down the open road.

Keep up the extraordinary work man--still tuned in

Randy, nice talking to you at the swap meet. Crosstown car show is on the 20th of June. Good chance for FABO members to meet. Kev.

Awesome progress!

BTW...did you know the original hood scoop round seals were not rubber but made of foam? I have a set of originals and a set of non-correct rubber ones that almost look dead on too....but have to dig them out for pics if you are interested. Keep up the good work, hope my 70 340 Swinger looks this good someday:prayer:

Thanks! I did not know that.. I've never seen an original set. Yeah I'd like to see some pics when you dig them out! Have you started on your Dart yet?

Randy, I've taken more than a little time off reading your thread--it was actually a good thing as you've now achieved monochrome! I knew from the first time I read your account of the build on this car, it would be nothing short of magnificent--and you still have yet to disappoint. I absolutely cannot wait to see the thread update where you say it's running, driving, winning car shows--and the most important part--providing endless smiles as you cruise it down the open road.

Keep up the extraordinary work man--still tuned in

Thanks for the compliment! It's almost one colour.. Once the roof and trunk is epoxied it'll be. Hopefully in two weeks I'll be done with the roof repair. I am going to get my trunk lid dipped since I don't feel like stripping all the green paint off of it by sanding. Yeah it's going to be rewarding once it gets to that point! Hopefully it will be in paint by the end of this year. I can't wait to see the body in paint!

Randy, nice talking to you at the swap meet. Crosstown car show is on the 20th of June. Good chance for FABO members to meet. Kev.

Hey Kevin, It was nice talking to you too. I will PM you my list of parts I'm looking for tonight. I will for sure go to that car show, I've never been to that one yet.

Roughed in my door gaps by welding some 1/8" welding rod on in some places and adding welds to some edges.. It's not the final gaps, but it's close enough for now.. I wanna move on to the roof and get that done so I can get it up on the rotisserie and finish the bottom.

Tomorrows task!

Borrowed my Dads friends rotisserie.. It's pretty simple, but it'll do the job. I have to make some adapters to mount it to my car, which will be a lot easier than making one from scratch! (It was used last on a camaro and chevelle)

Nice job so far! It's coming out very nice :thumrigh:

Nice job so far! It's coming out very nice :thumrigh:

Thanks! I'm almost done with the welding, which is a huge milestone for this car! Even tho I hate bodywork I am looking forward to a change on this project.

I got the front passenger roof skin repaired and cleaned the window channel out. I also took the lead out of the drivers side roof skin to A pillar seam and the metal is all good behind there.. Did the screwdriver and hammer test and it's solid. After paint I am going to spray ever square inch of the inside panels, rockers and frame rails with body cavity wax so this car will never rust again!

I got the rain gutter cut off and caught the roof section on fire with the plasma cutter.. I guess I should have removed the headliner and sunviser! Tomorrow I'll sandblast the piece and get ready to section it in.. This will be tricky. I am going to section it like I have marked out since I'm worried about blending the edge of I cut right thru it.

The roof skin pinch weld looks to be solid, just the bottom edge of the gutter rusted thru from seam sealer that failed.. I can't believe they applied seam sealer over bare metal!

For the last couple days I have been spending time with my sick dog Layla and today she passed away at 4yrs old. She was my best friend and will be greatly missed by our family and my girlfriend, :(.

RIP Layla.

Randy,
I am so sorry. I have been where you are. A dog can hold a very special place in our hearts. My dog, Blaze ( a yellow lab) is gone, but never forgotten. God Bless.

Sorry for your loss but when one passes it opens the door for another one to be saved! I dread the day though, I have three senoir citizens....Barra (Rotty 12yoa) - Cuda (Lab/Shep 13yoa) & Sam (my ret. K9 partner - 11yoa)
Hopefully getting back into the resto. will ease things.

Really sorry your loss Randy, she looks like she was a real sweat heart, I know the feeling. The great memories will last a life time, take care. Danny

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.
We had one of our dogs put to sleep in January, she looked a lot like yours.
It's still tough, a lot of people don't realize how attached you get to pets.
They are family members, and we love and care for them as such.
God's speed Randy.

Sorry to here about your Dog it Sucks they become family.
I have rescues, I just tell my self that I gave my dog a great place to live and I rescued another one.

-
Back