1970 Swinger Daily Driver

-
Had a fun Saturday. Our local shows are all about the Fords and Chevys. It was great to actually be at an all Mopar show in Sacramento. Won the Daily Driver division at the Capital City Mopar Club all Mopar show. Even more enjoyable was every single one of the 350 miles I put on her today.

View attachment trophy girls.jpg

wow great thread! love what u did with this.

Personally love '70 darts, got 1 myself back in 09 when I was 17. not as great a score as yours but I love it just the same

heres a cellphone shot of mine the day I brought it home. That's the man responsible for givin me the Mopar bug, my Uncl Gary, inspecting the new addition

wow great thread! love what u did with this.

Personally love '70 darts, got 1 myself back in 09 when I was 17. not as great a score as yours but I love it just the same

heres a cellphone shot of mine the day I brought it home. That's the man responsible for givin me the Mopar bug, my Uncl Gary, inspecting the new addition

Where are you at on it right now? Keep working on it!

unfortunately money contraints kept me from getting much of anything done on her since ive owned it. ive swapped the wheel, fixed some hacked up wiring. I got majorly ripped off right when I 1st got it, getting brakes done at a local Big O shop....pretty much drained my life savings at the time. at 17, that wasn't much.

ive collected some parts and had plenty of time to think on what I want the car to be when its done, now just waiting on time and money. course, now the problem is im in the Marines now and gotta get the car to my station after my training is done!

ive collected some parts and had plenty of time to think on what I want the car to be when its done, now just waiting on time and money. course, now the problem is im in the Marines now and gotta get the car to my station after my training is done!

That works. Collect stuff until you're ready. I drove mine for a while before I could start doing any restoration on it.

I would like to thank you for your service to our country. It's an honor to hear from you.

It will certainly help me afford the car haha. Gotta fix the door latches and plug a leak. Water gets in from the dash in the rain. After that ill hopefully be puttin together my 360/904 and get the swap so I an drive it a bit while I put her together

Common problem and easy fix. It is the seals around the wiper pivots....

Simple or easy? Sounds like I gotta dig around under the dash for that repair. I'm more concerned with gettin my door strikers properly repaired. My driver side snapped off bout 2 years ago and my buddy just welded em up. I dnt have the tools or skills to make a correct repair and nobody is local and able to do it for me

Looks like we had twins !
Before and after om my 70. :)

Attachments

• 70 Dart 150.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 265
  • 70 Dart 122.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 329
  • 70 Dart 128.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 280
Johhny, i want ur Dart!!! that's gorgeous and pretty much what i want mine too be when done, except im gonna have blackout hood w/ scoops. That's Sassy Grass correct?

Looks like we had twins !
Before and after om my 70. :)

That is sweet looking! I've seen a lot of F-4 Darts with black vinyl. Must have been really common.

Funny, I looked at the background and thought that it sure looks like SoCal from having lived down there and sure enough, that's where you are.

Nice Dart!

Love the poverty caps Johnny. I'd like to get a set and another set of tires on my other wheels. Change them up on the Dart depending upon my mood....

Love the poverty caps Johnny. I'd like to get a set and another set of tires on my other wheels. Change them up on the Dart depending upon my mood....

That's funny because I have a set of Rallye wheels I want to switch between.
I want to get a set of F70-14 Goodyear Polyglass for them.
Those dam tires are expensive though.
Again,nice job on your Dart.

My son and I went for a Sunday afternoon drive and he wanted to play with his GoPro. He made a short video for me. I've got a cool son.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNgjT-Wzedw"]Dads Dart 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger - YouTube[/ame]

This was the first pass over attempt. He had to remove the camera from the mount and set it right on the road with a stick under the front to angle it up. Those low hanging headers.......

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svTtuXI5UWo"]Go Pro Hit by Dads Dart - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back