1971 Dodge Demon Hemi install

-
He selling the car? On the "HOME" of the sig there is a link to "For Sale" and the Demon is listed. here is more of that georgous Demon. http://home.comcast.net/~jlbc11/sizzler.htm

NO, He is NOT selling it....but everyting has a price and this would be BIG BUCKS and no whammies :eek:

It is the the Red truck that is for sale. And the Rackominium in Florida.

I see this picture of Jim's Hemi Demon at the 2015 Nat's was featured on the front page of
Mancini Racing's emailed tax return sale flyer yesterday.

Jim%20Mancini%202_zpswigprmgc.jpg

This stealthy HemiDemon is one of my personal favorites....along with the owner.

Mopar to ya' Big Jim.

Great thread. You have mad skills!!

Than you ...BUT HemiDenny and HemiMark had A LOT to with the build, it was just a vision I had.

This stealthy HemiDemon is one of my person favorites....along with the owner.

Mopar to ya' Big Jim.
HDK, thanks for the kind words and a BIG tanks to OMM for resurrecting this old thread. See you 2 soon, HM is chomping at the bit to get the Black Knight up and running.

started with this old pro stock block,has mullen heads,its now a 472,had to use b-body headers to fit,as the hookers 5481 would sit 1 inch off the ground,next week it will be a 16 plug

Image0 (27).jpg

Image0 (43).jpg

started with this old pro stock block,has mullen heads,its now a 472,had to use b-body headers to fit,as the hookers 5481 would sit 1 inch off the ground,next week it will be a 16 plug

View attachment 1714942760

View attachment 1714942761
That is one bad a$$ motor! I might keep an eye on those lifter bosses though. They look a little out there. Did that to save weight I imagine. Back then dual plugs was a bigger benefit chassis wise rather than power wise. Allowed 1 3/4" more engine setback by the rulebook. Course I'am a bit biased. This is my 430" street driven hemi. Post up some detail shots! Are those distributors locked together timing wise? Is the housing based on a mechanical tach drive distributor? Very nice!

IMG741.jpg

hangout,yea the dual plug is a lock out,have to use crank trigger for it,im lucky to have the correct crank trigger wheel and bracket for it

Hey outlawdart, what heads are you using with that
dual plug setup?
Lucky for sure,very tough parts to find.
Did you get the sensors with your bracket and wheel?

dual plug setup?
dual plug setup?
dual plug setup?
ssba,using mullens 3614433 heads,i started and broke it in on 8 plugs,waiting on 2 coils now and 8 more plugs,so should be running on 16 buy the end of next week,yea sensor came with braket,,there old direct connection parts,the bracket is p3690203,pick up p3690203,timing wheel p3690435,distributor p3690559 accel part number 30390

100_3319.JPG

1964892_10208000459706805_4392587251601590390_n.jpg

Very nice job you done rounding up the old bits.
Took me along time. We got the same heads and direct connection pieces. Took me forever to find the stuff.

IMG_20160612_065427_191.jpg

ssba,love those parts you have,yea that stuffs not easy to come by,im going to be using 2 accel coils and run it through my msd 7al-3 box,i already had it running,so I know the msd box will work,i like to find another wheel and bracket and sensor for my other distrbutor

I'm sure the msd 7 is a better choice than the Mopar gold box's I plan to use. I believe the Mopar ignitions
can be more of a gamble.

-
Back