1971 Pro Street Duster resurrection

-
Couldn't resist. Hit a couple of spots with the clay bar earlier today. Hard to tell in these pictures but the difference is huge!

IMG_20240227_120340546.jpg

IMG_20240227_120724548.jpg

IMG_20240227_120523257.jpg

Updated the title. After cleaning the windshield enough to actually see the VIN tag, turns out it is actually a 1971. C code /6 built in LA. Not that it really maters much but pretty cool it is a 71. Now I have my favorite year Duster AND Challenger - both 1971 slant six cars!

Last edited:
Does it have any interior or is it just a drag car at this point ? This car is freaking amazing.

Does it have any interior or is it just a drag car at this point ? This car is freaking amazing.
He says he may have a set of buckets from it. He's not sure. I still need to get some parts from him that he had stored at his business location. He still has the deck lid, rear window, bumpers, and grille. Not sure if it is a sharktooth grille or not but certainly hoping it is :)

He says he may have a set of buckets from it. He's not sure. I still need to get some parts from him that he had stored at his business location. He still has the deck lid, rear window, bumpers, and grille. Not sure if it is a sharktooth grille or not but certainly hoping it is :)
Well congratulations, I would suspect that it would have a shark tooth grille too.
This will be a fun build to follow

Clay barred the other side of engine compartment a little today. Now I can see a few scratches I will need to touch up. Hope to get the rest of the parts later this week.

Sadly, the money I had earmarked for new tires is going in to fix my Jeep. My daily is a 99 Wrangler and some jerk ran a red light the other day right into my path. Hit him pretty hard. Messed up my suspension and blew chunks out of the sidewall of my front tire. The really wonderful part is the guy ran from the scene so it's all on me to fix my Jeep. And to make matters even better, I witness saw the guy run and gave chase. Got his tag and a description and came back to make sure I was ok and give me/the police the information. Turns out tag didn't match the vehicle. Either a stolen car or stolen tag. 5 bucks says it was one of our "new residents" that have been imported over the last 3 years...

Guess I will just keep cleaning in my spare time while I wait to build up the toy fund again

IMG_20240303_115856933.jpg

IMG_20240303_115505869.jpg

Have you tried starting it up yet?

Have you tried starting it up yet?
Not yet. Need to get a fuel cell and battery. Plus I want to soak the cylinders before I spin it over. Everything is very fresh but don't want to take a chance busting a ring or something. I will probably try to fire it up next weekend or the weekend after that.

very cool. cleaning up nice.. not a fan of those decals though...

looks liek a friend of mines duster. his is a small block though..

1712584609470.png

-
Back