1972 Canadian H-Code 340 Dart Swinger Special Resto - Finally started!

-
I want to give a big shout out and thanks to my good friend and member here for the awesome Burnout Garage bundle of shirts, decals, posters and banner Cliff Guinand did for my car and delivered it today so thanks again Cliff. If your interested in him doing a custom one for your car you can chat with him on here or go to Burnouts.net.
IMG_7425.jpg
IMG_7427.jpg
IMG_7428.jpg

Cliff installed my Pembina decal @ MCACN last November before the show opened! He designed my info banner for my 72 Dart Swinger Canadian Special 340 built on the same day as Danny!

93A87682-35C8-44C7-A876-73D2542EAEF5.jpeg

6D8BA9C4-D47E-4B70-B7E5-461DEC5D02FA.jpeg

823A6E83-9326-4E1B-BB31-CC76191880D4.jpeg

I started digging out the two other boxes I picked up at swap meets that might provide some parts,

View attachment 1715058282

Then I broke my box down to parts and pieces and gave everything a thorough cleaning and removed all the foam and gaskets, remember to clean the channel out on the front cover where there will be some putty like sealant installed at the end,

View attachment 1715058283

View attachment 1715058284

I separated the middle section from the rear section by drilling out the rivets, this allows the sections to fit in my 5 gallon pail of Evapo Rust which cleans up the rust nicely and also make it a bit easier to repair the crack in the middle section,

View attachment 1715058285

Blasted the motor and the blower hold down plate, epoxied and sprayed semigloss black,

I decided to use the front cover from one of my donor boxes that doesn't have any cracks but need to repair this crack in the middle section of my original box,

View attachment 1715058286

I started out by V grooving the crack with a die grinder and carbide bit, the I used a product we use the bodyshop for lots of stuff as well as fibreglass with the advantage that is pretty much black and thats FUSOR 142. This stuff sets up fast so you need to be efficient getting it on,

View attachment 1715058287

View attachment 1715058288

Then the same on the inside,

View attachment 1715058289

View attachment 1715058290

View attachment 1715058291

With the cracks repaired and all the bare metal pieces cleaned of rust I could scuff the outside with a red scotch brite pad and a bit of 800 grit wet paper to knock down some of the glass fibres that pop up on the surface the three parts are ready for some semi matt clear coat to make the scratches from the past disappear,

View attachment 1715058292

View attachment 1715058293
Show Off! Lol sweet deal Man! That suckered Will NOT LEAK !

Nice MoPars. First I ever took notice that the door lock button isn't at the back end of the door. '69 Barracuda's were like that. Was always an elbow nuisance as a daily driver way back when.

Thanks 340sFastback, I'm pretty proud of how it turned out, it's a special car at least to me that required my best effort.
I just finished reading the Canadian Swinger 340 web site and just became aware how those cars came to be. What a story. I did not realize how rare/scarce those cars were. You have a super awesome piece of mopar history there.

Great pics. Unfortunately, my old high school has been remolded. I can see my car in the parking lot in 1979 in my minds eye.

Great pics. Unfortunately, my old high school has been remolded. I can see my car in the parking lot in 1979 in my minds eye.
Hey Kevin hope you had a fun summer with your Duster, man those were the days the best of times, wish I could go back with a camera this time I have no pictures from school with all the cars. This one is behind the school in the parking lot where we hung out with our cars and the odd burnout happened.

4DFEBF06-1B36-47C3-9CE4-F412998CAED4.jpeg

Last edited:
LOL.....When I got my license at 16, with my '71 Demon, working part-time for $2.15 per hour, driving to high school with my buddies was awesome...............Until I needed gas! Didn't take me long to appreciate the free school bus!!

In front of her old haunt my high school of 42 years ago.

View attachment 1716009372
Awesome picture! I was a senior in high school when I bought my '69 Barracuda which I still have. Drove it to school every day parked amongst the Camaros, Mustangs, and Chevelles that were so common back then.

Oh and I love your car that color looks so good!!

LOL.....When I got my license at 16, with my '71 Demon, working part-time for $2.15 per hour, driving to high school with my buddies was awesome...............Until I needed gas! Didn't take me long to appreciate the free school bus!!
That sounds pretty familiar and my buddies were seldom around when the gas station stop came around, lol, that was alright I felt like a rich guy making $5.70 an hour in 79 after school. Come winter it was back on the city bus.

Awesome picture! I was a senior in high school when I bought my '69 Barracuda which I still have. Drove it to school every day parked amongst the Camaros, Mustangs, and Chevelles that were so common back then.

Oh and I love your car that color looks so good!!
It’s funny when I was taking these pictures in front of the school this summer a guy driving a 70 Chevelle saw me an pulled up to talk and he went to the same school 2 years before me, luckily 2 of my best friends were Mopar guys back then so I wasn’t lonely.

Thanks for the compliment, everybody loves Fastbacks so back at you!

$5.70......You must have been a Gigolo:lol:
No kidding, I made $2.70 an hour in '79, fortunately my '68 Fairlane 500 with it's 289 2 bbl got pretty good fuel economy.
I remember the Camaros, Chevelles, Beaumonts, Satellites, a few Mustangs and 442 Oldsmobiles, one '69 Charger, and a '70 Scamp with a 318 3 spd stick that I almost bought after my Fairlane was totaled by a drunk driver. (not me) lol

My little old SPECIAL A-Body Mopar made the cut for Legendary Auto Interiors 2024 Calendar, just wanted to thank the guys and gals at Legendary Interiors for the pick and share.

IMG_7953.jpg

IMG_7955.jpg

-
Back