1973 Duster Big Block 4 speed

-

Moose50

Moose
Reaction score
I'm just about ready to begin my new project so I thought I would start a new thread. I'm waiting to get my new compressor wired into the garage and then I'll start the work. The Duster is a six cylinder and I will make it a 440 4 speed mini tubbed car. I will post some detailed pics of the car in the next few days.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 536
I took some base photos of the car to show the starting point. I have a lot of work ahead of me and I know I will learn a lot ! I bought some quality equipment to help the process along and the shop will be wired for 220 on January 18th.

Attachments

• 1973 Duster 1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 509
Here are some more base pics

Attachments

• 1973 Duster 7.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 468
  • 1973 Duster 6.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 472
  • 1973 Duster 5.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 468
  • 1973 Duster 4.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 492
  • 1973 Duster 3.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 499
  • 1973 Duster 2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 499
Started sandblasting the underside of the car today ! The process has begun......

You have a lot of work ahead of you.

I did this to my duster. Be ready to install and remove the engine abou 5 times lol

Here was my build so you can see some issues I had.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=33454

Have you done this befor? It's a fun build.

Brewers performance will be a friend when it comes to the 4 spd stuff. If you stay mechanical linkage that is.

Good luck!

The weather here in Cali has been a bit wet and work has had me a bit too busy to work on the Duster but I found time to try out my new Texas Blaster. it worked perfect right out of the box. I had one from Harbor Freight once and I thought I was smart trying to save a few bucks, but it was nothing but problems. I went to Home Depot on my way home from work and picked up 3 bags of play sand just to try it out and see if it would work. I haven't been feeling too lucky lately but I figured what the heck. I screened the sand through plain window screen. loaded it up, and fired up my new compressor. It was like magic and it only clogged up once and I think it was my fault because I opened up the feeder valve a bit too far.

Attachments

• Duster 18.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 309
  • Duster 14.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 292
  • Duster 12.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 297
  • Duster 10.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 297
Welcome from Pismo. Check out the Nor-Cal Mopar guys here. Damn cool to deal with.

looks like a good start.

Been busy with life and have been away from the project. Back at it on Tuesday. Updates to follow

Been busy with life but have found a little time fort the Duster. Its ready to be cut up for Tubs and a new trunk floor. Bolt in sub frame connectors after that.

Attachments

• IMG_1947.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 167
-
Back