1973 Duster

-
Sorry it has been so long I have been finishing my Masters along with a ton of other things.
The Good news my car is done minus the fuel guage.

Now I am just trying to see about getting it in a magazine, with no luck I might add.

I need to start coming on this site again more

Again Sorry so long to post anything, Life has been kicking me in the teeth for a while.

Tim - September 5th is the Mopar Mini-Nats in Garland. Let us know if you are going, I would definitely show up to see your car in person. This summer was a bust for me, I have not worked on the car in a while.

I did pick up a "mini" tow vehicle recently. Ram 1500 w/ the baby diesel.

Attachments

• DSC07230.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 278
Michael,
I have already registered for that car show. It would be great to meet you there.

Great work. Glad to see you have it on the road.
How did you make your console?

Boden,

I had my interior person make it for me. The whole center opens up and allows me to store additional things inside for quick access.

I use it for my gun. It also has two large cup holders that will hold a Sonic route 44. not that I would drink in my car.

Tim - September 5th is the Mopar Mini-Nats in Garland. Let us know if you are going, I would definitely show up to see your car in person. This summer was a bust for me, I have not worked on the car in a while.

I did pick up a "mini" tow vehicle recently. Ram 1500 w/ the baby diesel.

How does the baby diesel tow, how much weight are you pulling?

How does the baby diesel tow, how much weight are you pulling?

Have not towed with it yet. Crew cab, Lone Star, with 3.92 axle has a GCWR of 13,750 and is rated at 7,840 lbs towing. My A-body + a car hauler trailer would weigh under 6,000 lbs.

My take on the reviews and such is that "light duty" towing and such the 3.0L will do fine. 6,000 lbs should not be an issue. The Hemi will tow more, but at these loads use 2x the fuel. I am getting just over 20 mpg commuting here in the city, which is average speed of about 30 mph on a 40-45 mph limit road.

My driving impression is that it runs good, acceleration is nice, but obviously not fast like a Hemi. Truck fits my intended use just fine.

These guys towed 7850 lbs up to the Eisenhower tunnel (11,000 feet) West of Denver. It managed OK. So I assume flat towing should be fine.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpcJJxhvPWU"]2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel: Ike Gauntlet Extreme Towing Test. Fully Loaded. - YouTube[/ame]

No fuel gauge?!
What the hell?!

Just kidding, the car looks awesome! The bodywork is great, I wish mine was that straight. Any magazine that wouldn't want it's pictures has no class, that things sweet.

Don't stress about updates, "on the road" is all hat really matters if life has been crazy. I've been on the road for a yr, and I think my build thread shows no interior or wiring... only so much time in the day, and I usually have a long list...

Joe

Tim - good to finally meet you and see your car. You did a good job on it, the car looks good.

It was not as hot yesterday as it has been in past years at the "mini" Nats. Some nice cars there, the Dallas club still seems more centered on the restoration and purist crowd. Do you plan on showing your car at the GoodGuys show next month?

I liked that light blue '68 Fastback that showed up as we were leaving - even if it was only about half way done.

Attachments

• DSC07363.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 181
Michael

It was more of a purist show and I did not receive any award from the show. That is ok. I had three judges come to me after the show and tell me that i should have got something but it was fun non the less.

Yes I will be going to the good guy show this October. Because it is a 73 the show for me is on Sunday so I will be there then.
Great to see you at the show. Perhaps I will see you again in October.

-
Back