2-Barrel to 4-Barrel Conversion

-
I've been looking around this afternoon for the coil bracket and throttle bracket. Many have suggested the 340 or 6 pack parts but no pictures or part numbers. We get all the proper info together we can spread the word or start a sticky. There is a lot of attention to the teens now days. No reason why we can't bolt on the correct parts and get a fun 300+ hp street cruiser that does everything well and on a budget. Thanks to C for starting the thread and the conversation.

As I posted earlier, the 340 throttle bracket is part number MRE 0060 at Mancini Racing...

318 Bracket:
thrtl-bkt-a07-b-jpg.1714869273

View attachment Thrtl Bkt A07 B.jpg

340 Bracket:
thrtl-bkt-a08-b-jpg.1714869274

View attachment Thrtl Bkt A08 B.jpg

Comparing both with the mounting bolts lined up:
thrtl-bkt-a03-b-jpg.1714869275

View attachment Thrtl Bkt A03 B.jpg

thrtl-bkt-a06-b-jpg.1714869276

View attachment Thrtl Bkt A06 B.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info and comparison pics Karl. I couldn't find any part numbers and pictures in 4 or 5 threads I searched for. This thread has more info than all I found yesterday.

Pulled all the spark plug wires off this morning & used an exacto knife to clean off some old overspray (Not mine) :)

Then cleaned with brake clean & installed them in the freshly painted wire looms. They came out nice.....

Make sure to use composite Intake gaskets(dissimilar metals) alum vs iron. I used Felpro.

I used the Fel-Pro 1243 gasket set.

Just fooling around with air cleaners a bit. Ignore the sticker.

I think this could work in black with a little creative fabrication :)

Missed your post. Love the big oval air cleaners. Fresh air would even be more fun.

You need the correct kick down lever. I looked it up in the Summit cat. It's called a Chrysler, Universal Fit EDL-1481. It will help to align your kickdown.

Just a side note. Actually I'm repeating a previous post.
Key words, "4 spd car!"

It's a 4-speed car, so not needed I believe....Thanks

I go though this a lot. Even with the hood open. "Dude! Your missing your kick down linkage! Your gonna burn your tranny up man!" :banghead:

I was looking through some old magazine articles I had collected. Hot Rod 1967 they juiced up a 67 Barracuda with a 273 and used ,of course, a LD4B. It was a good one then and now.

Last edited:
Don't hate on me, but I think you should use a ThermoQuad because they make the best noise when the secondaries open.

No hate, but it's a bit late for a TQ now. The Eddy will be a big improvement over the 2 barrel :)

Square bore intake.... Just sayin..... Not arguing...

Yep agreed, thanks

Nice work.Did I happen to say very nice work.

Thanks Ssssssnake.....It's a labor of love and a need for more speed :burnout:

from a visual design perspective... having the air cleaner the same as the valve covers and/ or intake is the way to go... although i think the covers and cleaner being black look better... personally.

orange looks weird alone.

from a visual design perspective... having the air cleaner the same as the valve covers and/ or intake is the way to go... although i think the covers and cleaner being black look better... personally.

orange looks weird alone.

I like the blue also.

Last edited:
Orange - reminds me of smacking my thumb with a hammer. :)

Blue - too much blue already in the engine compartment

Black - Looks best and carries some contrast with the other black elements in engine compartment.

Is pink an option for the girlyish elements of the build? LMAO

Orange - reminds me of smacking my thumb with a hammer. :)

Blue - too much blue already in the engine compartment

Black - Looks best and carries some contrast with the other black elements in engine compartment.

Is pink an option for the girlyish elements of the build? LMAO

x2

A bit off topic ( I do prefer black for the air cleaner btw) but please paint the water pump engine color! When did that trend of drawing attention to the water pump start?
Gag...

-
Back