2010 Dodge Demon?

-
Yep........ they should be thinkin' 'retro' with the styling cues........

This thing looks like a Dodge pick-up front end on a Solstice body..

Honestly, when are they going to get rid of that stinking ugly giant hole on the front of these cars ?????????? It's from a PICK-UP.......a PICK-UP !!!!!!

They got Nascar trucks on the brain.....................:angry7::angry7::angry7:

Time to fire the styling department...All they did was slap a new grill on a Solstice/Z3/Miata/S2000/Sky.

So while browsing Google I found that they are considering a Dodge Demon 2010 concept car? Has anyone else heard about this? I'm not sure I like it but some may...
Fiat owns Chrysler correct? Expect more of this "European" styling.

dodge-demon-sunset-sports-car-1.jpg

alfa-romeo-8c-competizione-0.jpg

FIAT and chrysler are converging so to say, not really owning. The Demon was actually designed a few years ago, (like 5 or 6 years ago) and i don't think it was ever really going to become a production car. you guys are calling it a 2010 and i know up here in canada there has been no talk of it coming out at all but i'm not sure. I think that it looks horrible. I don't know why they would design it as a convertible because obviously you could never get an old demon in a convertible. If you put aside the fact that they're calling it a demon i guess it's not a bad looking car, but most of us see a demon at a 2 door hard top V8 muscle car, not a compact convertible 4 or 6 cylinder.

HONK !!! to Dodge..

WoW !!!! to Demon Seed..those rims don't look like 14 or 15..but they are sweet..

And mopar bastardizes another nice model,when will they learn...by the way who owns them this week the Canadians,Germans,Italians ect ect..:angry7::angry7:

Fiat owns Chrysler correct? Expect more of this "European" styling.

This has nothing to do with Fiat at all.

This design is old news by now. Was designed long before Chrysler and Fiat got together and before the company got in real financial trouble really. I know there are a lot of models that people aren't happy about.... like the fact that the last neons were made in 2006 and they replaced it with the caliber, but this one isn't so bad in my opinion.

The thread that I found online with this concept in it was from Feb. 2007. Anyway, no need to whine about something that was mentioned 3 years ago guys.

I do have to say, however, that I think they should produce it. I could see it selling. I mean, the Demon name may not be right for it, but a turbo version would be welcome in my garage.

Ugly car!

I really hope they change the name.

I love what they did with the new Challenger. If they do a Demon remake they have to do a better job than that!

That is if they can stay in business long enough.

This isn't a Demon remake... it's an entirely different car. It was never meant to be a mustang or challenger "retro" type model. As for the if they stay in business comment... no comment :angry7:

I have one question for you guys. If it weren't called the "Demon" then would you like the concept? After all, IT'S JUST A NAME.

This isn't a Demon remake... it's an entirely different car. It was never meant to be a mustang or challenger "retro" type model.

Exactly, so call it something else. Anything else! Calling it a Demon just stains an already great car's reputation.

As for the if they stay in business comment... gimme a break... did you really just say that? :angry7:

Yep! I said it. No need to get angry at me. Have you googled "Chrysler's future" lately? I'm not the only one wondering.....

I have one question for you guys. If it weren't called the "Demon" then would you like the concept? After all, IT'S JUST A NAME.

No I would still hate it. Ugly is ugly no matter what name you throw on it. It sounds like most people think it's ugly too.

To me the only people who would like that car aren't Dodge people.

Exactly, so call it something else. Anything else! Calling it a Demon just stains an already great car's reputation.

Yep! I said it. No need to get angry at me. Have you googled "Chrysler's future" lately? I'm not the only one wondering.....

No I would still hate it. Ugly is ugly no matter what name you throw on it. It sounds like most people think it's ugly too.

Well I like it, and I'm a Dodge person, so... I dunno what I am.

And I wasn't getting angry, just tired of people trying to predict what's going to happen lately, haha.

I guess I semi-agree with you on the name thing, but there is still part of me that doesn't mind reusing old names for new cars.

I saw the Demon and the original Charger concept cars back at the Chicago autoshow in 1999 along with the supercharged neon Srt-4. The old one had a much more agressive grill, like the concept charger and looked great. All three should have been put in production!

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    32.7 KB · Views: 107
I saw the Demon and the original Charger concept cars back at the Chicago autoshow in 1999 along with the supercharged neon Srt-4. The old one had a much more agressive grill, like the concept charger and looked great. All three should have been put in production!

The original charger concept was cool stuff!!!! Better than what they ended up with =(

Well I like it, and I'm a Dodge person, so... I dunno what I am.

Gonna have to go with 'Zach on this one. Would you please elaborate on exactly what a "Dodge" person is, 'cause I seem to remember Dodge producing a lot of different cars over the years that seemed to fit a lot a different niches...hmmm, fuel effecient grocery getters like the Neon, minivans for the soccer moms, workhorses for the contractors, solid sedans like a lot of the A's on here, luxury yachts, sports cars like the Viper, station wagons, buses, police cars, hell, even back in the day, big trucks. Guess "Dodge" people come in all varities afterall.

I too liked the Charger concept. It has an aggressive stance.
As far as my opinion goes on the new Demon concept,I don't like it. Even if it did make it to production,the religious nuts would complain about the name and it would be 1971-1972 all over again. But then again you never know.

John

charger.jpg

Gonna have to go with 'Zach on this one. Would you please elaborate on exactly what a "Dodge" person is, 'cause I seem to remember Dodge producing a lot of different cars over the years that seemed to fit a lot a different niches...hmmm, fuel effecient grocery getters like the Neon, minivans for the soccer moms, workhorses for the contractors, solid sedans like a lot of the A's on here, luxury yachts, sports cars like the Viper, station wagons, buses, police cars, hell, even back in the day, big trucks. Guess "Dodge" people come in all varities afterall.

Hahaha, sorry to generalize :) When I said "Dodge people" I guess I was more referring to those who love Dodge for the classics. My bad for not recognizing the Neon and mini-van crew. I don't know maybe I'm stuck in the past and my love of the automobile lies with cars like the "solid sedans" you mentioned. If the new Demon is quality built I might change my mind a little on the looks.

Hahaha, sorry to generalize :) When I said "Dodge people" I guess I was more referring to those who love Dodge for the classics. My bad for not recognizing the Neon and mini-van crew. I don't know maybe I'm stuck in the past and my love of the automobile lies with cars like the "solid sedans" you mentioned. If the new Demon is quality built I might change my mind a little on the looks.

And I think you hit the nail on the head when you say quality built! That's always the caveat isn't it and what we usually associate with the "solid old sedans" of the past. Thanks for clearing it up.

I usually like Dodge in general. Even if it's something from the 80s or 90s that people don't look at as good quality... those cars just give us an excuse to build our cars even better.

Anyway, a little off topic so I will stop now, haha.

There was a Demon concept in the early 90s.. Another V6 IIRC... but I would have bought one... Looked much better than this one...

-
Back