273 Exhaust manifold question

-

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the exhaust manifolds from a 66-67, 273s are the same ones used on the '64-65, 273's? I know that the parts numbers will be different but that's not a problem.

Rocker dude is correct there are differences, some dump straight back and some dump down. Here is a link to one I had for sale on here a while back, I believe its for 65-66

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=102609
Well, how about the alignment of the bolt holes and exhaust port alignment. Is that the same? On the left side of my '65 Commando 273 the manifold angles upwards before it turns down. Do the 67+ manifolds do that also? Thanks again.

Well, how about the alignment of the bolt holes and exhaust port alignment. Is that the same? On the left side of my '65 Commando 273 the manifold angles upwards before it turns down. Do the 67+ manifolds do that also? Thanks again.

Sorry, not sure, toolmanmike and 67dart273 might be able to answer your questions.

Cant find a drivers side exhaust manifold for my 65 dodge dart gt. I have a 66 barracuda manifold that dumps down i purchased from mopar charlie. Will it work?

I think the left one will work. The down pipe would get altered

Don't know for sure but in 67 the abody's got bigger so I would guess 64-66 would be the same and 67 and on would be different.

This is the manifold I used on my 63 Valiant with a 318. No clearence issues at all.

Attachments

• IMAG0369.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,099
Cant find a drivers side exhaust manifold for my 65 dodge dart gt. I have a 66 barracuda manifold that dumps down i purchased from mopar charlie. Will it work?

The 66 dumped to the back so what you have is a 67 up manifold. It will probably work with manual steering but mat interfere with power steering as I tried a set of hi-po 340 manifolds and the left would not clear the power steering box.

As stated above 64-66 same 273 parts but 67 change occured for sure! As I have delt with these issues doing my 66 and now 65 formula s cuda's both swaped to 318's though for performance and modern gas use reality!

Mopar or Nocar!

Ok, I found the correct exhaust manifolds I need, but can anyone tell me what color they should be? If it makes a difference they for a '64, 273. Thanks again.

but can anyone tell me what color they should be?

Rust?

Purchased a drivers side manifold from mopar charlie, was told it was the right one for my 65 dodge dart gt,not only is it not the right one, it damaged my steering box. The pic at the beginning of this post is what style he sold me. Not right. Now he tells me its damaged so he wont take it back! And tells me my motor is installed wrong, bought the correct manifold last week and everything fits perfect.so no, early a bodies differ on exhaust manifolds,thanx for the paper weight mopar charlie, buyer beware

Don't know for sure but in 67 the abody's got bigger so I would guess 64-66 would be the same and 67 and on would be different.

64-66 are the same, 2 barrel or four barrel. 67-up A body 273/318 passenger side is the same. 67-up 273/318 drivers side is different.

This is the manifold I used on my 63 Valiant with a 318. No clearence issues at all.

I used one of those on my 66, it JUST kissed the steering column coupler, and since i used schumacher conversion mounts, i have a feeling since they sit the engine a little higher in the bay, thats the reason it hit. Ordered a u-joint coupler from speedway motors and problem solved.

If anyone needs a set of 63-66 manifolds, I have a set laying around I would sell.

I haven't tried it yet, but I have a 360 with Schumacher mounts installed. I can put this manifold in adn see what it looks like. I know that the column is from a Volare, so that may make a difference. If anybody wants, I can mock it up and snap a picture. If it matters, I have a manual box.

they were a silver/aluminum color originally but realistically it will only last so long if one is driving the car! I painted mine a silver color when restoring and swaping the 273 to 318 one cannot tell the difference by look, as I used the valve covers and air cleaner ect...from 273! small 4bbl with good intake and upgraded electronic mopar ignition kit. a few other goodies, car runs like a mild cuda looking for a snack! usually a mustang! Mopar or Nocar!!!!!!!

Sorry I'm late with a response. The 64-66 A Body 273 manifolds should be the same # 2465847 as shown in silver below. The photo of the rusty manifold is # 2780945 and fits 67-69 A Body 273 /LA318. as you can see the early manifolds point rearward and the later ones point downward. The right side manifolds are the same. #2465769

Attachments

• 100_5236.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 928
  • IMG_1180.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 764
Paint them with a UHT ceramic pigment paint or ceramic coat them, and then bake them in your oven, 500 for 20 minutes or install immediantly and run motor for 30. But most are a nice rust color unless they are painted BBQ black, cheap and seems to work, EZ touch up!

Sorry I'm late with a response. The 64-66 A Body 273 manifolds should be the same # 2465847 as shown in silver below. The photo of the rusty manifold is # 2780945 and fits 67-69 A Body 273 /LA318. as you can see the early manifolds point rearward and the later ones point downward. The right side manifolds are the same. #2465769

Hi, thanks to all for this wonderful forum! I have a 65 'cuda w/273 (tired & smoky w/auto/console shift manual steering and purchased a '74 dart parts car for the 5 on 4 1/2 upgrade and it has a 318 2bbl, headers<really low on driver side> that is a whole lot more eager sounding that I am going to "perk" up and transplant.

Question is, are there stock cast manifolds (later years/other applications) that would offer a performance gain over the stock 1965 273, while letting me possibly convert to power steering? Curious as to where a different manifold may yield gains as compared to headers.. *ease* of fit a plus. Car is 95 % street and will run a small 4bbl, mild(er) cam and strive for comp. in 9.5 range. Thought I read somewhere about a 90-ish? year model something that offered a cast manifold that compared to early years performance cast manifolds...

All comments appreciated!

-
Back