Save My Place Print Send these listings to a friend Related Parts
1966 DODGE DART 4.5L 273cid V8 : Engine : Motor Mount Price
DEA Part # A2266
Front Left
Front Right
Part Image
$3.52

http://www.rockauto.com/

If 2266 is a good number for what the op needs they are available at Oreilly's for $3.99 and that would save shipping if he has one close. Here I just have to call the store and they will order them in for me.

Attachments

• anchor.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 311
INSA8.jpg

i dont know if they are the same, the ones on my car now look much thicker.

everyone shows pictures of the 67-72 style mount, which is not what i think will work

pic above is what i am looking for

If yours are thicker, they are probably van? truck? mounts which I tried to use in mine before going to "spool" mounts, and after doing so, I see why everybody "preaches" them.

When I swapped the 360 into the car for the 273, I used new "parts store" mounts, and in less than a year the left side had separated. This was a VERY lukewarm 360 / TF/ 3.89 rear on the street. I'd guess 270--300 hp

The thicker biscuits seemed to cause header clearance issues in mine

i might have to cough up the 150 bucks and go for the Schumacher conversion mounts, i know that i am switching to 360 though at some point in the future and dont want to order 2x.

when i get my motor out of the old mounts are ok looking i will have to re-use them if i can't find suitable replacement.

INSA8.jpg

i dont know if they are the same, the ones on my car now look much thicker.

everyone shows pictures of the 67-72 style mount, which is not what i think will work

pic above is what i am looking for

These are the correct ones for an early A and I bought mine new from NAPA for cheap. The only problem is when I ordered them for a Barracuda they list and sold me the thin 67 up ones. He had to get me ones for a 65 Valiant to get the correct thick ones.

NAPA catalog for the 65-66 "A" body mounts has been wrong for 10 years that I know of, and corporate has been informed and doesn't care.

valiant66, The 2303 and 2304 mounts are for the 66 and older slant six.

I've got 2 of the ones in post #11 on my 66 and everything bolts up correctly and works good. If you look in the factory service manual for the 106" wheelbase Valiant, it shows this type. Longer wheel bases have different ones.

Took me awhile to find out what would work because everyone leads you to the ones shown in post #5 which won't even bolt up. Dennis

My bad. I didn't see this is a 69 Dart we are talking about. It has a different wheelbase than my car I would guess. Different wheelbases use different mounts for what ever reason. Sorry about the confusion. Dennis

MotorMount_zps31fa8653.png

I recall getting the wrong ones (thin) first time I ordered, maybe from rock or Autozone. I installed them anyway because I needed more hood clearance for a later plan. I had to drill a hole in the motor mount bases and **** them, but they did fit. I later changed to the correct thick ones (ebay, I recall, ~$10 ea) because my Federal p.s. pump (later) was hitting the K-frame. I used that because I used an aluminum w.p. I think the factory TRW pump would clear with the thin mounts. You should adjust the differential's pinion angle if lowering the engine.

If 2266 is a good number for what the op needs they are available at Oreilly's for $3.99 and that would save shipping if he has one close. Here I just have to call the store and they will order them in for me.

I ordered these knowing they would probably be wrong and I can tell you with certainly that they do not work for 66 dart with v8. I am going to order from Schumacher.

Keep an eye on the center link of steering linkage and oil pan clearance if lowering the engine. I ran into that after swapping in the 360 in place of 273, it dented the pan about 1/2" on each side but doesn't affect anything else. I'm still running 273 correct mounts with the swap.

You should take look at my link. I know what it says they fit but I have a pair of them on my 66 Valiant and they fit with no mods or problems. They sure look like the pic you posted. One way to see is if you still have your old slant mounts, take the passenger side and make up a wood dummy of it. Then put them where they need to be and lower the engine into place. That is how I found out after ordering several wrong mounts that others on here kept recommending.

Anyway, the good news is, if you order the Schumacher mounts I don't think you need the V8 center link. The original slant link will do because their mounts raise the engine up higher. This is what I have been told....not my personal experience. Dennis

thanks, my car is originally v8 and when i saw the applications listed for the mount you posted as /6i figured not to risk it. only reason why i ordered from rock auto was because they were shipping from same warehouse and shipping was basically free. i am going to spend up and order from schumacher just so i know what i am getting, and then eventually find a cheaper source.

-
Back