318 build.

-
it'd be a hellvua lot easier to help if you would communicate in complete sentences and use correct terms and names for things, or at least something close to that.

if you give us the details of what you have, instead of little bits and bobs and piece meal info and rando pics we might have a better understanding of what you have and be able to assist.

for instance, i was working from the assumption that you had a single plane based on the first photo that obscured the manifold. i now know by putting together you cryptic description, the jegs screen shot and the pic in the post above that you have a dual plane.

so start with the details: what distributor, timing curve, initial timing, which carb, which plugs, fuel, transmission, stall, gear, tire height.

anything else on the motor besides, 9:1 compression and a thumpr cam with a dual plane?
Ok 89 318 hydraulic roller cam. Roller lifters. Duel plane air gap manifold, speedmaster 170 65cc chambers heads. .040 over on pistons. 727 with about 273 gears in rear I have 2 carbs one new 500 cfm holly. One 750 single pump. 72’ stock 340 exhaust manifolds. Stock distributor with pertronix installed vacuum advance. 2500 stall. 7.25 rear. I have a pertronix 3 full new distributor pertronix coil and a set of ceramic coated headers by summit on way. I will go with roller rockers if i dont have to measure pushrods again and can just bolt on. It all started because I wanted the thumper cam. Then i was informed if I was going that far I need components that match. So I pieced all this together. Very little help and uncle tonys garage got me this far. My friend only helped me somewhat tune it to run. I picked up the demon for 3000 with clear title and matching fender plate and vin numbers. I am looking to get a sure grip rear end but want to get the one best for me and I am not sure which will work best. I wanted this car to kinda run hard as I take it somewhat easy on my challenger, tires are also way cheaper on the demon as opposed to 305/35’s for challenger. This is the only real advice and support I got besides who I got a set of 72 j heads with 2.02 intake and exhaust manifolds. Seems everyone says just go with long tube headers and just suck it up and do it. I do notice what I think is excessive blow by but I dont know. I only built one motor in high school 32 years ago and a 350 and Ive done this one by myself. I don't know what its supposed to sound like if Ive got it right.

Thats The number 3 cylinder plug brand, new after about 20 min idling.
Ok so you run different brand plugs in each hole?

And a little FYI, you cannot read a plug from idle.

Sorry, I'm out.
1712497899000.png

I want to thank everybody for responding to the thread. After this I will go with 355 gears headers and I’m gonna run the 750 car that I have. Change the head gasket to the kinetic .027 . Maybe up the stall on the torque converter to 3000 thanks guys.

I want to thank everybody for responding to the thread. After this I will go with 355 gears headers and I’m gonna run the 750 car that I have. Change the head gasket to the kinetic .027 . Maybe up the stall on the torque converter to 3000 thanks guys.
3000 on the converter would be the absolute MINIMUM I would consider.

I'm a fan of rhoads lifters.
The difference in driveability from stock lifters to rhoads on 243@50 108 lsa in at 106 11 to 1 340 with 3.23s stock verter and 26.99 tall tire was astounding
Really needed 4.10s 4000 stall and slicks the spray took the place of gears and verter
But i loved going 145 150 mph on the interstate :)

-
Back