318 combo's

-
Bet it was the poly.

I'm gonna go find that listing that I found on the 318, 2x4 intake and post it, someone has to know what its for. Whether the 318 Poly, or the LA 318.....

See here:

http://www.offyparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_9/products_id/349

offy_5615.JPG

I bet your right tho.....

I've only ever seen that manifold with the early 273 intake bolt angle and redrilled to suit the later 273/318 engines.

it has noticably restrictive runners which are quite short. I wouldn't recommend running it.

That is clearly for the 66 and later LA 318. The description even says so. Good luck getting one.

Correct, I was thinking of a different dual quad made by edelbrock. I have never seen one of these. My bad.

That is clearly for the 66 and later LA 318. The description even says so. Good luck getting one.

Rob, yeah it does say so, BUT I have also found A LOT of miss listed **** too....... Another site I was at,. had a dual carb intake sort of like this one I pictured, and turns out it was actually for the Poly as they had it listed for the LA 318!!!!!! This was the whole reason for asking!

This one posted here is actually in stock and for sale! BUT a whoopin' $598.73 BEFORE shipping cost!!!! Not sure how far off the mark I am but Damn I thought $200 was bad for a small block intake! (I don't even wanna look for a single 4 barrel intake for my 383!!!!!)

Here is mine-
85' 318 block reringed and rebearinged
#302 Ported 1.88 1.60 3 angle valve job cut .015 56cc chambers
9.0:1
270S Comp Cam
Air-gap
650DP Holley
727 Trans
3.23 gears
3400lb Dakota
14.7@96mph

318 Block 318 Crank
Eagle H beam rods
Ross 12.5:1 pistions
557 Lift soild purple cam
360 J heads ported 1.92in 1.60ex
Harland sharp roller rockers
M1 intake
750 Demon carb
On Vp C12 fuel
NOS wet cheater

TCI 727 trans rev man, 4800 stall, 9" w/4.30 gear, Caltrac's, 1968 Barracuda

318 Block 318 Crank
Eagle H beam rods
Ross 12.5:1 pistions
557 Lift soild purple cam
360 J heads ported 1.92in 1.60ex
Harland sharp roller rockers
M1 intake
750 Demon carb
On Vp C12 fuel
NOS wet cheater

TCI 727 trans rev man, 4800 stall, 9" w/4.30 gear, Caltrac's, 1968 Barracuda
Would love to see an E.T.slip/video of this!

67-68 blocks can go .090 over.. custom cut gaskets for the little teen. a 340 head gasket would loose 10cc or more a cylinder... kb67 pistons or the forged Kb .. people over cam the motor a stock 340 can is big for 318. run a 2 1/2" dual exhaust to the muflers then 2 1/4" to 2" tips... I put a 2" reducer just past the h pipe or x pipe inside the 2 1/2" pipe as a baffel I run a headers. Off a stock manifold run 2" duals.. or you loose back pressure and your bottom end power... unless your racing restrict the exhaust to 2" outlets I have 3' mufflers to make it quiet but flow.. the cherry bomb looses power whereas you're grandfather's quiet one makes more power..

Guys,
I really have not read through all the

ages of this thread, BUT, I have a question that was asked to me over the phone, and I simply could not answer it, truthfully.

Building a 318.....was there EVER a 318 dual carb intake? like a 2x4 set up? I know this is a novice question, but my Step-Son asked me if I knew of anything like that, and sadly, I don't (I'm not familiar with what was offered for a LA 318, as far as after-market parts are concerned, I seriously doubt anything like that was EVER made by Ma Mopar..... Which, I relayed to him. As one of his friends, had a Dart (I'm unsure of the year of the car or the fact that I have ever seen this car) I'm not sure of what has been done to the car, if anything, but he's looking to do a little, Nothing serious as far as boring, and or stroking goes but.....bolt on simple things (HELL, I'm not sure if it has headers at this point or manifolds) BUT, see, I'm trying to see if I can give him ideas to help his friend out a bit. I may possibly see his friend today (Sunday) so.....doubtful I'll have any info by then! BUT a phone call is all that would take!

EDIT:
Did a bit of research and come up with Offenhauser to make a dual quad intake for a 318.. problem being, I'm not sure if they are talking about the 318 A Poly motor, OR a LA 318... The price is a bit steep but, then again, it is a rare part I suppose. Anyone know for sure? I know a dual quad intake was made for the 318 Poly, but I'm not sure of a LA 318.....

Here is my 318 LA with the dual quad tunnel ram offy. You'll need a bigger cam.View attachment 20140630_175154.jpg

67-68 blocks can go .090 over.. custom cut gaskets for the little teen. a 340 head gasket would loose 10cc or more a cylinder... kb67 pistons or the forged Kb .. people over cam the motor a stock 340 can is big for 318. run a 2 1/2" dual exhaust to the muflers then 2 1/4" to 2" tips... I put a 2" reducer just past the h pipe or x pipe inside the 2 1/2" pipe as a baffel I run a headers. Off a stock manifold run 2" duals.. or you loose back pressure and your bottom end power... unless your racing restrict the exhaust to 2" outlets I have 3' mufflers to make it quiet but flow.. the cherry bomb looses power whereas you're grandfather's quiet one makes more power..[/Q

If you are going to reduce the exhaust size down to 2", you might as well just run 2' from the headers back.

-
Back