340 six pak setup

-

pa340dart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Picked up a edelbrock 3x2 set up at Carlisle past Sunday
Question. 70 FSM has zero info on 340 6 pak I know the text info for the 440 6 pak is a good guide and probably identical to the 340
But where can I get the specifications Holley 2 bbl carbs
Front / rear. R4789. R4790
Also the center carb is a R4782
Date code 2460. =. 9/3/70
So it's a 71 carb
But not listed in FSM. or The white guide books by Galen G
Any info appreciated
Thanks

I have some good articles on 6 pack set ups. Give me a few hours to find them. Yes this is my setup. It's a lot of work to get to this level.

20160404_195801.jpg

20160404_195738.jpg

Thanks. Nice setup
Figuring there was some kind of FSM supplemental bulletin or something for the aar trans/am cars
Will need linkage and fuel lines vac lines etc
Long way to go

Question. 70 FSM has zero info on 340 6 pak I know the text info for the 440 6 pak is a good guide and probably identical to the 340
So it's a 71 carb
Any info appreciated
Thanks
I believe all the aar and t/a's were built in march and/or April '70. So it was a mid-year offering. When I bought mine, virtually none of the salesmen even knew about the package, they had to look it up in their sales books. I don't think many were built to order, I think there was a production run, and many went into a sales bank. Mine was in a storage yard in Salt Lake City IIRC. There was like 50 of them there, and I just picked the one that had the options I wanted.

So it's a 71 carb
Any info appreciated
Thanks

Try looking in the 71 and 72 manuals... It sometimes took a year for the service manuals to catch up...

Try the 71 Plymouth chassis manual on page 14-93 and go from there:

6 Pak.jpg

You can find a 71 Plymouth chassis manual here:

MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - Service Manuals

So it's a 71 carb
Any info appreciated
Thanks

The front and rear carbs are supposed to be the same list #...

One of those is for a standard trans, the other for automatic...

6 Pak specs.jpg

When I was planning to do a 340 6-pack in the Valiant, I found a good book by Larry Shephard called "The Mopar Six-Pack Engine Handbook". I never got into it because I decided to stay with the /6 in the car. I found it for dirt cheap on abebooks.com. It might help you with the details.

Thanks for the info. It will be banked for when I get to mine.

On my 6 pack the center carb was 4792 and end ones are same as yours. The specs are center carb 350 cfm and each end carb is 350 cfm. I think the 440-6 had a 500 cfm for center. I had to get new bowl for one of mine and Allstate Carbs had new bowl with correct numbers. They have all parts and are priced fairly and can rebuild carb completely. Web site is WELCOME TO ALLSTATE CARBURETOR & FUEL INJECTION

Let me correct you. Center carbs on ALL 6 packs are 500 cfm. 350 cfm Outboard

So it's a 71 carb
Any info appreciated
Thanks
back in like the mid 70''s you could buy NOS 6-pak manifold and carbs for like $300. no hdwe, but the real deal otherwise. I still have some of the old parts for sale sheets. I think they were from Couch, or Gratiot. You could by NOS avs''s for $19.95. New Holley 500cfm 2bbls for $29.95. Complete engine overhaul gasket kits for $9.95. Used cone clutch sure-grips for $20. Stuff like that, typed, single-spaced on both sides of letter size paper. They were like a disposal company for overstock, discontinued parts from the big 3, and their vendor-suppliers.

I believe all the aar and t/a's were built in march and/or April '70. So it was a mid-year offering. When I bought mine, virtually none of the salesmen even knew about the package, they had to look it up in their sales books. I don't think many were built to order, I think there was a production run, and many went into a sales bank. Mine was in a storage yard in Salt Lake City IIRC. There was like 50 of them there, and I just picked the one that had the options I wanted.

You still have that car right?????

When I was planning to do a 340 6-pack in the Valiant, I found a good book by Larry Shephard called "The Mopar Six-Pack Engine Handbook". I never got into it because I decided to stay with the /6 in the car. I found it for dirt cheap on abebooks.com. It might help you with the details.

DSC05895 b2.jpg

"The Mopar Six-Pack Engine Handbook"
Informative book to build/restore a six pack engine. Geared to the engine as a whole rather than induction system specific.
Center carbs on ALL 6 packs are 500 cfm. 350 cfm Outboard
I do believe you have that backwards. Compare the throttle bore diameters in Karl's post (#9).

On my 6 pack the center carb was 4792 and end ones are same as yours. The specs are center carb 350 cfm and each end carb is 350 cfm. I think the 440-6 had a 500 cfm for center. I had to get new bowl for one of mine and Allstate Carbs had new bowl with correct numbers. They have all parts and are priced fairly and can rebuild carb completely. Web site is WELCOME TO ALLSTATE CARBURETOR & FUEL INJECTION

Let me correct you. Center carbs on ALL 6 packs are 500 cfm. 350 cfm Outboard

The CENTER carb is 350 cfm
The OUTBOARD carbs are 500 cfm
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone above
Exactly the info I was looking for
stored #matching engine/trans
building a 69 340 I picked up last year
putting in my 70 swinger 340 4sp 391 posi
picked up the 6pak Sunday Carlisle thinking row f below food court
tape $$ was 1600 (under was 1800) they were loading up