360 Magnum Pictures

-
I have an old Audie Tech Flow Quick air sensor that I have used for years on an old 360 block as a homemade flow bench. I know it is not as accurate as a real bench, but it let me see before and after results. Anyhow, we tried to flow yesterday and although it comes on, it will not take a reading. I can't complain, I bought it when they first came out, so its pretty old. Bad timing though.

What'ch ya talkin about Willis...?
The orange ones?
(Also you made me look!..)

Yes, Arnold,the orange ones. Hogged to the max for port volume. Home made airwolves. They did alright with nitrous.

I don't remember you mentioning this before?...

I think I mentioned the guides were better than most say, and the castings look good.

These belonged to a guy with a Dart, I think a 74, he went wild with a die grinder. He had nicked a couple of valve seats while grinding, brought them to me to put in 2.05 valves a couple years ago.

Anyhow, I have been clearing things out of the shop and had an .030 440 block for sale, he asked if I would trade for the heads and I said "why not". after all they take up less space than a 440 block.

I don't know what I will do with them.

Small update, Matt put the heads on, cleaned up the oil pan,not sure what else.

I threw my back out saturday morning. Today is the first day I have been able to walk without a walker. I was going to head out to the shop after lunch, but my wife said "You better wait another day or you will throw it out again."
She is right, I tend to over do it when I've been out of commission for a few days.

We really need to get stuff done now!

Small update, Matt put the heads on, cleaned up the oil pan,not sure what else.

I threw my back out saturday morning. Today is the first day I have been able to walk without a walker. I was going to head out to the shop after lunch, but my wife said "You better wait another day or you will throw it out again."
She is right, I tend to over do it when I've been out of commission for a few days.

We really need to get stuff done now!

Take care of yourself. Back issues are no joke. If you needed a walker, that was bad. I haven't had to use a walker yet. Because when I need one, I just stay in bed.

Take care of yourself. Back issues are no joke. If you needed a walker, that was bad. I haven't had to use a walker yet. Because when I need one, I just stay in bed.

I first hurt it in my 20s. I was a hod carrier and hurt it playing basketball on the weekend. The company I worked for were real pushers.The boss noticed I was working slow so for "punishment" took me off an 8 inch block wall and put me on a 12 inch wall on a scaffold. Back went out, could not stand up. They had the tele-handler operator come with a pallet on his forks, and I crawled onto it and he lowered me down. Was 36' off the ground. My back hasn't been the same since.

I Plan to do a little tomorrow, I am feeling a lot better today, finally.

Sunny 67 degrees today. Time to spray some paint! Waiting on pushrods, and timing seal.

Pushrods came today. I did not mention that with the reground cam , heavy block milling, and clean up cut on the heads, stock length pushrods work.

Matt ordered .080 wall from OE Pushrods.

Decided to use stock rockers. He can always upgrade later.

His intake is a chinese airgap he bought used. Will probably use a 1" spacer.

I will probably get some disagrees, but the one thing that I wish he had is a holley. He has a 600 edelbrock for now. It was on the 318 that is in his truck now. I would like to see a 700 or 750 holley for this build. Mainly because I have never tuned an edelbrock and do not have any parts for it.

So now that the rockers are on we could prime it if.......... I could find my priming rod!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt and I spent a couple hours looking for it, tore the shop apart.

I think I will have to buy a new one. Just one more delay

Need to pull his old 318, but man is it cold outside. That part of my shop has no insulation and no heat. All 3 boys have been working. and my back is still not right, so I can't do much bending, so hopefully they can get it pulled this weekend.

I spent hours in the garage looking for two separate tools for the engine I’m putting together. Drive me nuts. But I found them. What a delay in the day it was. Exhausting!

I spent hours in the garage looking for two separate tools for the engine I’m putting together. Drive me nuts. But I found them. What a delay in the day it was. Exhausting!

The bad thing is I have a place that I keep it, along with one for sbc and one for sbf, they are there, but the Mopar one is gone. Frustrating!

The bad thing is I have a place that I keep it, along with one for sbc and one for sbf, they are there, but the Mopar one is gone. Frustrating!

I made mine by taking the gear off of a spare intermediate shaft and welding a long 3/8 bolt on to it. Been using it for over 40 years now. Primed the 360 I put in the Dart the other day with it.

I made mine by taking the gear off of a spare intermediate shaft and welding a long 3/8 bolt on to it. Been using it for over 40 years now. Primed the 360 I put in the Dart the other day with it.

The closest town to me is Sullivan, IN. up until a few years ago it had an old time machine shop, all the lathes and equipment were belt driven from a couple of common shafts, anyhow, he kept hex stock in stock. Actually, if it was any type of metal stock he had it. He had the biggest assortment of bolts and screws I have ever seen. It is a real shame that it closed down.

4 hole or open spacer
I'd keep the edelbrock if it's an AVS IDK if AFB, at least no double pumper
and 4 hole spacer for your build

4 hole or open spacer
I'd keep the edelbrock if it's an AVS IDK if AFB, at least no double pumper
and 4 hole spacer for your build

Its the afb. I like double pumpers myself, a lot better than vacuum sec.

I will try an open spacer because those R/T heads are gonna want to breath.

If he could have found a cheap single plane intake for a magnum we would have used it.

I like thermoquads
but I've always had to try different spaces, never figured out a formula
I forget what his application is
street (start with 4 hole) strip start with open and try different heights
but I'm usually wrong
with my right foot double pumpers cost me money
I have an iron and steel supply nearby so no problem with hex stock

I like thermoquads
but I've always had to try different spaces, never figured out a formula
I forget what his application is
street (start with 4 hole) strip start with open and try different heights
but I'm usually wrong
with my right foot double pumpers cost me money
I have an iron and steel supply nearby so no problem with hex stock

I have nothing against carter/ edelbrocks, but we have zero tuning parts for them. We have a full jet assortment, different power valves and squirters, gaskets, etc. and a little bit of experience with Holleys.
As far as the spacer, just 4 bolts to swap if he doesn't like it.

Matt had to work today, but his younger brother Tim and I went out and got everything unbolted and ready to pull, except the exhaust. We nee a couple of sawzall blades an we will be ready.

Turns out that the 727 is non lockup, so that is good. I have a reverse manual VB I need to take apart and see what is wrong with it.

I bought it used and had first and reverse in my wife's car, but no 2nd or third.

I can't believe how much they have gone up in price. I have always bought used and never paid over 75 for one.

I could use 2 more. Maybe 3 if I can't figure this one out.

-
Back