383/438 Build

-
:thumbsup:
Awesome man! My daughter loved riding in my Cuda. (E-body)
She would always say, “Daddy! Make it go — .....” enter the 4bbl. sound kids make....

She would always say, “Daddy! Make it go — .....” enter the 4bbl. sound kids make....

It really has been fun. When I am tinkering on the car, I let the kids roam around in the backseat while they watch cartoons on the iPad

My six year old son LOVES getting yellow lights in the Barracuda, because then we get to launch when it turns green.

I hope so, will be my first time doing this. Curious if it is best in the center near the trunk latch, or the very right rear corner.

front Center between the latches is best IMO. Central but behind the axle. Also it isn't in your way so you don't compromise and valuable trunk space.

This location also require the shortest cables.

front Center between the latches is best IMO. Central but behind the axle. Also it isn't in your way so you don't compromise and valuable trunk space.

This location also require the shortest cables.
Great idea, I like this idea a lot. I still use this car for all kinds of stuff. I had the trunk full of beer/meat/snacks recently on the way to a bbq

Great idea, I like this idea a lot. I still use this car for all kinds of stuff. I had the trunk full of beer/meat/snacks recently on the way to a bbq

So if you like this idea. Mount the box in such a way using threaded inserts, etc that allows you to rotate it to access the battery. I mounted the box to a piece of aluminum that has 4 legs under it.

So if you like this idea. Mount the box in such a way using threaded inserts, etc that allows you to rotate it to access the battery. I mounted the box to a piece of aluminum that has 4 legs under it.

Do you have any pictures of your setup?

How do you like the faceplated transmission ?

I love it. It is pretty clunky, but it’s a nice clunky. Just imagine how a motorcycle clunks into gear when you shift it. Very similar. It shifted with ease at 7,000 today

Car has been doing great. I am so pleased with this engine. I will gladly build another one should there be an opportunity. It really is just so absolutely damn fast, that I’m not sure I would want more, or be able to make more hook up on the street. Got the car prepped to weld in US Car Tool subframe connectors last night. I was surprised how easily the factory undercoating scrapes off after a little heat from heat gun. Less than 30min invested.

79832437-9987-45C1-8EFC-83307C0E446E.jpeg

Car is still rockin! I have been working ALOT, and have had no time to work on the car myself. So I broke down and swallowed my pride. I took it to my buddy to do a laundry list of things I had started.

One night around midnight, about 30 min from home, my fuse panel decided to die and leave me with NO power to anything. It was a nightmare. First time the Duster has left me anywhere.

I ordered a complete harness kit from American Autowire, and it is awesome! Uses modern fuses, and has a lot more circuits than the original panel. The subframe connectors are done, the carpet is in, the New Vintage gauges are in, the new tank from Tanks Inc. is in. I am using the tank with a fuel pump inside. It is really nice and has baffling around the pump. The Holley Stealth EFI is in and it works amazing. And lastly, the A/C is done. It has been 105+ here lately in South Texas, so we are going to take the car on a summer road trip very soon!

I ordered a new Momo wood steering wheel and a Retro Sound Radio today. This project has really gotten out of hand :eek:

IMG_20190808_125523_460.jpg

IMG_20190808_125528_953.jpg

Screenshot_20190808-142340_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190808-142408_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190808-142428_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190808-142504_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190808-142531_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190808-142553_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190808-142630_Instagram.jpg

IMG_20190808_125523_460.jpg

Very nice. Yesterday I ordered the EFI tank from Tanks Inc. for the Fitech setup on the Coronet. Their tech support is top notch.

I’m not clear on how that valley tray is going to seal on that 383 block with the Stealth heads. Those heads don’t protrude further inward to seal over the beveled edges of the tray. Years ago I called Indy Cylinder to buy their tray that some “dude” said would work with my Edelbrock Performer heads, it didn’t work. I believe Andy F’s heads in his pic are TF 240s. I would love any feedback on this issue. I’ve always run the tin valley pan with moderate success, but I sure like the idea of using soft gaskets on either side.

Whoops, thought I was at the end of the post, sorry. The Duster came out great, nice work, that was one hell of a project!

-
Back