383 Timing

-

Blair Harris

Reaction score
Hi i have a 1968-383 in a 67 Dart with a mild cam 383 torker aliminum intake electronic distributer Chrysler electronic box and MSD coil 750 Elderbrock carb. Running manifolds with dual 2 1/2 exhaust.
Considering all above what should i set the timing at to get the best all around preformance and starting especially when hot.

Hi i have a 1968-383 in a 67 Dart with a mild cam 383 torker aliminum intake electronic distributer Chrysler electronic box and MSD coil 750 Elderbrock carb. Running manifolds with dual 2 1/2 exhaust.
Considering all above what should i set the timing at to get the best all around preformance and starting especially when hot.

How old is that chrysler electronic distributor ? Is it the newer unit wit hthe adjustable mechanical advance or an original which is just a stock piece with 30 degrees of mechanical advance ?

I honestly cant answer that i am getting the car out of body shop tomorrow will get that information and send it to you. What are you thinking if it is just a stock piece or has adjustable advance

-
Back