440 oil pan in a A body

-

plummkz

Reaction score
what oil pan have you guys used for a 440 in a a body demon 1971 sombody said a B body will work?

#187 from c body .....$75 is a decent going rate for them

pans with number 699 also work ...i have seen those on later C-bodies 74-78 and i didnt notice any differnce from the 187 other than the number. i have one in my 70 dart and it works great no interference of any kind

pretty much any C-body pan works and im petty sure B and C body used the same pan

pretty much its either a car pan or truck pan and the car pans work....truck pans dont in an A-body

Rani is correct about the 187/699 pans being the same. There's some rumblings on the web that when they were used on HP engines that they got internal baffles also.......True, idk.

I thought that the "A's" needed this pan because of the linkage notch?

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 666
Rani is correct about the 187/699 pans being the same. There's some rumblings on the web that when they were used on HP engines that the got internal baffles also.......True, idk.

I thought that the "A's" needed this pan because of the linkage notch?

i have never seen baffles before but i have seen windage trays on HP engines.

if a baffle did exist ...i would think it would serve the same function as a windage tray.... IDK ....just sayin :toothy9:

i have never seen baffles before but i have seen windage trays on HP engines.

I think you're right. Sounds more plausible to me. I haven't been around enough big blocks to know.....lol. I'm guessing a HP/Magnum engined C body is probably pretty rare anyway, except for the 300 series.

I am running the moroso(spelling) 8QT pan and 1/2 pick up in my 73 dodge dart. everything steering linkage etc clears great. Mopar65:burnout:

Attachments

• 100_0714.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 682
Yes, some had windage trays AND baffles. I have a B-body baffled pan from my Roadrunner but it does not have the notch to clear the center link. I have several different pans that have notches, some bigger than others, and noticed that the sump in in a different area ( moved slightly forward ) on some of them. I have pictures but will have to find them.

-
Back