$50 Craigslist 360 EXTREME budget rebuild??

-
Don't buy a dingle berry hone I have one you can use.

How soon do you need it?

Working my way through this long €£*}>#% post.

Well **** you already have a timing set.

You can run those cam bearings. I've run them with cracks in them. I wasn't going to pull a 400 Pontiac out of a Gran Prix just because the cam bearings weren't flawless. It was just a cam change and it was running so I left them alone.

That pig Pontiac made a lot of money back in the early 80's. Suckers were all over the place and that car was a true sleeper.

Okay I need a little help here now. What kind of rings should I buy the Molly Rings the cast? I might use a little nitrous one day but that's not the main game plan by any means. Probably a secondary plan if I can't blow it up naturally aspirated. And about the bearings I'm not quite sure which ones to order and I'm looking for obviously the cheapest ones I can get. But again not so cheap that they fall out! Which head gasket? 1008? Okay I'll i'm tired and now I have to go out into the garage to start cleaning some of this greasy crap up. I'll check back in an hour maybe somebody might have an idea for me? Thank you for any help.

Would you be open to a free pair of Comitic head gaskets? One crush cycle, no thermal cycle, made for .030 over 360, .030 thk

Thanks again, the kit comes with them. Well not them but fine for what I'm trying to do.
Would you be open to a free pair of Comitic head gaskets? One crush cycle, no thermal cycle, made for .030 over 360, .030 thk

Too tired after work to work on motor, crap! Ordered rebuild kit, cheap honing device, and 4oz assembly lube. Plan to kick @$$ on Saturday. I'm already done buying cleaners, I'm ready to throw old gas on it and start scrubbing. I got some cheap tube cleaners. I'll run those through everything can. The cam bearings are off the holes a little, I'll try and address that.

Oh yeah, LOL- I go into baxter's Auto Parts last week and look the young man dead in the eye and ask do you have a 4 1/4 inch "dingleberry hone?" He looked at me with the blankest stare I had seen in all my time and stuttered a couple times and exclaimed - "I just started here!"

Oh yeah, LOL- I go into baxter's Auto Parts last week and look the young man dead in the eye and ask do you have a 4 1/4 inch "dingleberry hone?" He looked at me with the blankest stare I had seen in all my time and stuttered a couple times and exclaimed - "I just started here!"

I'm surprised he didn't say "I don't swing that way"....

The cam bearings are off the holes a little, I'll try and address that.

You're really fixated on those cam bearings...........had several statements of no need to mess with them, even your pal YR said leave them be.....what ever the miss alignment there is of the oil holes, been there since the UAW worker hammered them in when it was first built.....not a big deal..........Not knocking out all the soft plugs and being able to do a THROUGH cleaning is a big deal.........you can make a 100 mistakes putting an engine together, leaving dirt behind doesn't have to be one of them, to do so is being lazy or stupid......you pick your own self descriptor

OH!!! What am I thinking..........I'm not anyone to be listened to...................

You're really fixated on those cam bearings...........had several statements of no need to mess with them, even your pal YR said leave them be.....what ever the miss alignment there is of the oil holes, been there since the UAW worker hammered them in when it was first built.....not a big deal..........Not knocking out all the soft plugs and being able to do a THROUGH cleaning is a big deal.........you can make a 100 mistakes putting an engine together, leaving dirt behind doesn't have to be one of them, to do so is being lazy or stupid......you pick your own self descriptor

OH!!! What am I thinking..........I'm not anyone to be listened to...................
if any thing will help restrict some top end oiling witch most race motors do with oiling mods! freaze plugs are cheap and easy! most important thing in rebuilding motors,.clean clean clean...an clean again!

Exactly how are changing freeze plugs effecting oiling ? I was talking about just ovaling out the holes to match the one in the block when I was talking about addressing them. FyI- I'm lazy and stupid!

Exactly how are changing freeze plugs effecting oiling ? I was talking about just ovaling out the holes to match the one in the block when I was talking about addressing them. FyI- I'm lazy and stupid!

I would just take a drill bit the size of the hole in the block and run it up from the main bearing to make the hole line up with the bearing if it bothers you. Me, I'd run it how it is.
Also, if you do drill it out make sure you peck at it.,if the bit catches it will tear the bearing up. Just use caution if you do drill it.

BTW, you will need a long drill bit. MSC has them as well as other places.

it ant,..its effective to cleaning! never know what might be nesting up in side a motor been setting,..rust if nothing else, use old wire coat hanger to dig an poke around the bottom edges in water ports with water hose flushing it out be surprised what youll see come out!!!

I would just take a drill bit the size of the hole in the block and run it up from the main bearing to make the hole line up with the bearing if it bothers you. Me, I'd run it how it is.
Also, if you do drill it out make sure you peck at it.,if the bit catches it will tear the bearing up. Just use caution if you do drill it.

BTW, you will need a long drill bit. MSC has them as well as other places.
a round file would work to...maybe safer for bearing,idk

-
Back