64-65 valiant & barracuda owners finally glass front bumpers!

-

V8-valiant

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I have come across a fiberglass front bumper and a mold for the 64-65 barracuda & valiant I will be making a few to sell but just curious how many people would be interested? I'm thinking I can make them and sell them for about $200 plus shipping? let me know if this is a reasonable amount (looks like that's the going rate for a glass bumper) and who may be interested in one. I'm not sure of the weight but will let you know once I get one made up.

Attachments

• IMG_6273.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 598
  • IMG_6274.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_6279.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_6278.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_6280.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 528
You know with the cost to rechrome a bumper this is a great idea. 2oo for repairable bumper and 400(or more) to rechrome!

I am interested, but for $200, if you can get a professionally made bumper for that, then why get a home-made, garage built bumper for the same price with no warranties. Just saying. Nice idea, though.

Cool! I am interested if it's a quality part.

I am interested, but for $200, if you can get a professionally made bumper for that, then why get a home-made, garage built bumper for the same price with no warranties. Just saying. Nice idea, though.

There is no one manufacturing these bumpers, so all you get is a "home made, garage built" bumper. Everyone starts small at one point. Thanks to everyone with the positive comments.

... 400(or more) to rechrome!
I recall re-chromed bumpers for ~$250 at a show here a year ago. They had a 65 Dart bumper, don't recall 64 Valiant. The place was in L.A. I recall you had to give them your old bumper, or pay more. I am guessing the advantage of fiberglass is weight savings, but is it as safe and will paint hold up?

I'd like to see it on a car before I commit to it. I've had some "one-of's" and they can be pretty bad. That one admitedly looks pretty good.

You don't buy a fiberglass bumper for safety...

I'm in! Let us know when you're ready for orders.

I'd also like to see pics of one bolted to a car.

US Body Source was selling them, but they stopped offering them years ago.

I got a set of triple plated rechromed last year for less than $250 each. Nice bumpers if that helps everyone's reference. If I hadn't bough those, I'd be all over a pair of these. Great stuff and best of luck to you!

ETA: And that was with a core trade in. It was actually a little less because I had a 63 Valiant front bumper he also wanted.

Ok so just an update for everyone. Brian4406 sent me a pm and asked me how the bumpers were going. Well I haven't made any yet, have been busy trying to get my valiant back together and ready to put away for the winter and now I am busy getting ready to have our first child. I also need to source all the supply's needed to complete them. I will keep you guys posted when I get one made up I'm happy with and would be ok selling to one of you guys.

-
Back