65 barracuda

-
Just pure unadulterated joy seeing a craftsman get his sh*t done, and done right. The color, the wheels the engine all turned out perfect. What is next?

some pics for you guys -- the old owner (a car dealer) had this car for over 35 years -- the "junior" remember driving with his father to ski holliday when he was 7 years old and watching the stars out of the back window -- on the video (of course it's german) you can see him today - it was one of the kind to show him the car after the restauration. The video can't bring the reality but I'll always remember his face - for sure.

-

-

It's a good thing you documented this with photos because no one could imagine the transformation you have made from what you started with to this beautiful car!!

You are a metal god that car is beautiful,your an insperation to me last year my son bought a 73 charger basket case and i have been replacing metal since just last month i was able to begin body work/filler and preping for sealer. I'm not anywhere close to your calaber but your resurection of this car inspired me to give it a shot thank you. Take a look if you like http://s1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/lou3500/charger%20project/

Wow...I just looked at this thread for the first time, and...wow. I think I just started to get on my fiance's nerves (imagine that lol) because every time she walked out of the room I called her back in to look at more pics. I just bought a welder in January, and I've been practicing on any metal I can find, like a rusted out mid-80s chevy truck. I'll just say that the work you do gives me LOTS of motivation, and your pics gave me so many ideas! Wow!!!

It didnt look like there was any metal on that car that you could weld to! Keep it up man!

I'm glad I've seen this thread amazing job, I thought my 65 Cuda was rough mine will be a picnic compare to yours.

You have my full respect for that man, when I first saw pics of the car I thought it was a parts car until I saw you repairing that rust. Just amazing what it turned out to be, great work!

What they say times 10, my two resto's 66 cuda and now 65 formula s were clean and minor dents, mostly mechanical work required! You have taken on project from heck! Good luck as all must be hand made and hand done! You are my new glory cuda man!!!! Keep posting pictures as this is a true site to be seen! Best of wishes for sure!!!!

Gregg

wow now your work is gold metal award winning in my book i have 1 here jut for parts ive owned 7 but now only 3 left in my name i would like to offer you help i have alot of parts if you pay shipping i give you a trunk lid or a door when i first saw it i thought hope he didnt pay morwe than $500.00 just because i see alot of $ in parts there but when i saw what you were attempting i though tno friggn way YOU ARE THE MAN tearin it up like a BARRACUDA WE HAD A STORY ABOUT A MAN NAMED BIG JOHN you are a drivin man WE SALUTE YOU another barracuda will live on some 1 needs to make a show about you and your work you need to be in 1 of our car magazines keep doccumenting this close for us PLEASE WRITE ME IF YOU WANT ANY PART I HAVE SERIOUSLY WOW ROCK ON
dam he is good none of our build shows have anything on him any 1 want to donate a part to him lets get some thing going guys thats what were all about i dream to had been that good wont be in this life time tho i swet just looking back at what he"s done already cant wait to follow this 1 his work looks very nice so far

I was surfing FABO and just came across this thread. By me posting to this thread, it'll bring it back to the top so others that might not have been here can see it.

Rainer, your car's stance is absolutely incredible... KILLER!!! How high off the ground does it sit? What does it measure under the sill, just behind the front wheel well and just forward of the rear wheel well, right next to the pinch weld?

I know you listed the rim sizes as 7x17 and 11x17. I think you mentioned planning on using a 315 rear tire. What size tires are in front? How did you get the front down so low? Did you keep the stock torsion bar suspension, or install aftermarket pieces?

I must say, I'm VERY impressed with your skills. I also thought you had lots of metal working tools and experience, until I saw your "english wheel"! I'm going to try that trick tomorrow.

I would not have even considered repairing what you started with. but now it makes my job look a lot less daunting. I guess what I've taken out of this is to just work with a small piece at a time. I guess it is a lot like "how do you eat an elephant?" "One piece at a time!"

Thnx for the inspiration,
Mike in Florida

-
Back