66 Dart GT HT Whatsitgonnabe?

-
Is that the box with my parts Don?

Nope! Your camshaft is SUPPOSED to be here tomorrow! As soon as it arrives and is packed with the rest of Anders' stuff that wouldn't fit in the box he just mentioned, I'll let him know the shipping. Patience grasshopper (old line from the TV show Kung Fu!).

Actually SAE stuff isnt bad. Your just not used to it. A 45° inverted automotive double flare is an industry standard. You will find these in metric and in SAE. The reason i mention 45° is that aircraft fittings, and aviation type fittings you see on souped up cars are 37° and do not interchange.

If i had to guess i bet a metric 45° inverted double flare forming tool could be used with success on SAE tubing. Btw the adjuster bolt on my denso alternator is a 13mm. Perfect size as a 1/2" wrench fits it. LOL.

Harley Davidsons would drive you nuts as well then everything on even the new ones is SAE except for the front forks.

Nope! Your camshaft is SUPPOSED to be here tomorrow! As soon as it arrives and is packed with the rest of Anders' stuff that wouldn't fit in the box he just mentioned, I'll let him know the shipping. Patience grasshopper (old line from the TV show Kung Fu!).

I LOVE Kung Fu! You mean the one with David Carradine? I used to watch it when I was in University. It was on very late at night so I used to watch it when I came home from parties. Excellent.

Yep, I have. I bring it to you after work on Wedensday.

Wow! Thanks!

I had plans to come out your way this weekend but life got in the way. Maybe I'll go with you tomorrow afternoon for a little while if that's ok?

Actually SAE stuff isnt bad. Your just not used to it. A 45° inverted automotive double flare is an industry standard. You will find these in metric and in SAE. The reason i mention 45° is that aircraft fittings, and aviation type fittings you see on souped up cars are 37° and do not interchange.

If i had to guess i bet a metric 45° inverted double flare forming tool could be used with success on SAE tubing. Btw the adjuster bolt on my denso alternator is a 13mm. Perfect size as a 1/2" wrench fits it. LOL.

Harley Davidsons would drive you nuts as well then everything on even the new ones is SAE except for the front forks.

I actually have a flaring tool but it's only for metric tubing, 6mm and up. Had a pretty tough time last night to make a rough flare for my short-circuit line that interconnects the two front disc outlets on the connector block/proportional valve (I guess). Doesn't seem to leak, though.

I just checked out a video and there's nothing to it, really, as long as you have the right tools. As always.

And yes, Harleys drive me nuts. :D I like Ducatis.

I see it left Copenhagen - but where to? Hopefully Stockholm!

Exactly. Where to? Gothenburg/Landvetter Airport would be even better. That's 20 minutes from here. :D

I LOVE Kung Fu! You mean the one with David Carradine? I used to watch it when I was in University. It was on very late at night so I used to watch it when I came home from parties. Excellent.

That's the one!

Well, it seems like the package from Ulf is on the move again. It's en route to somewhere from the Härryda Logistics Terminal, 20 minutes from here. It might actually already be at my post office.

It probably is but they had five large cages full of parcels to sort trough and scan. It'll probably show as arrived this afternoon.

YES! IT'S HERE !!! :eek:ccasion: :eek:ccasion: :eek:ccasion: :eek:ccasion:

I'm curious, Ulf, did you cross over the old shipping label or did Posten do that? That could explain why it came back to you again. :D

Attachments

• 2015-10-14 13.22.42.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 2015-10-14 13.22.57.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 187
So here's the loot. Thank You Ulf!!! :prayer:

The strut rods sure look good. Missing one of the front nuts but I'll sort that out. Can use one of the old ones for now.

The pulley looks smaller than I expected. Can't wait to try it!

But the meter is not the right kind, Ulf! Mine looks like the fuel gauge in the last pic. I'll send it back to you with the cam shaft and the other stuff.

Attachments

• 2015-10-14 13.28.29.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 176
  • Fuel Gauge.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 157

The strut rods sure look good. Missing one of the front nuts but I'll sort that out. Can use one of the old ones for now.

If you need one I can throw one in your box (after I go find one that's bigger than what I have!)

That silver fuel gauge is for a 65 Dart.

The pulley looks smaller than I expected. Can't wait to try it!

But the meter is not the right kind, Ulf! Mine looks like the fuel gauge in the last pic. I'll send it back to you with the cam shaft and the other stuff.

Yep manual steering 1 groove pulley. That looks about right. I made my own out of a discarded 2 groove pulley. And cut the power steering groove off. If you notice in the top pic the outer pulley groove is bent

Attachments

• 20150923_174037.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 20150923_174047.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 159
If you need one I can throw one in your box (after I go find one that's bigger than what I have!)

That silver fuel gauge is for a 65 Dart.

Sure, I'll take one if it's not too late! If not, I'm sure there'll be another chance.

Yeah, that figures since that seems to be Ulf's year. :D

Turns out the pulley wasn't right after all. :banghead:

It's too deep, doesn't align with the water pump and alternator. And I think the diameter is too small. The one Ulf sent is 145 mm OD and the groove center is roughly 50 mm from the base.

I seem to remember that the pulley I need should be roughly 35 mm from the base to groove center.

The other one I have is too large, if I align the grooves, the pulleys will touch. Bollocks. Back to square one ...

Attachments

• 2015-09-07 13.45.12.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 2015-10-14 14.57.25.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 163
Yep manual steering 1 groove pulley. That looks about right. I made my own out of a discarded 2 groove pulley. And cut the power steering groove off.

What diameter is your pulley, Matt? And can you measure from the surface of the table it's lying on up to the center of the groove?

Or is it mounted? In that case, could you measure how deep it is?

Oh, and I almost threw these little puppies out with the packaging! Lucky me!

Attachments

• 2015-10-14 17.13.56.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 159
A couple of before and after shots. :D

Attachments

• 2015-10-14 13.44.11.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 168
  • 2015-10-14 14.25.59.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 176
  • 2015-10-14 14.25.34.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 154
-