66 Dart GT HT Whatsitgonnabe?

-
Well, now I know how much the hood weighs.

AC6A9569-5FBF-41CC-BE9E-A100317D18EE.jpeg

Ok, so where can I find a timing cover that'll work with my water pump? Or should I get a newer water pump in stead?

Well, now it stays open but won’t close all the way. The hinge hits the cylinder.
Maybe I should be a little more methodical and not just wing it ...

5355455D-5E00-4167-8109-C8E8556C8ED7.jpeg

Taking the fenders off allowed me to inspect the fixes to the inner as well as outer fenders. I’m not too happy.

Okay, now I've finally made a move that will actually bring me closer to painting the car. I've ordered a rattle can to try out a color.

I've decided to try the old Porsche Mexico Blue. It is very close to my idea and I want to see what it looks like in real life.

It is always difficult to evaluate color hues off pictures on the internet but here are a few pictures of 1974 Porsches in Mexico Blue.

4.jpg

4193cffb142ed82b7fe64049a8b883e0.jpg

I copied Mopar Tim’s idea about the struts and used them on my 65 wagon. We both used rear hatch struts from around a 95-02 Mitsubishi Montero. They work super good. When I installed mine I raised the hood as high as it would go which worked out great!

I copied Mopar Tim’s idea about the struts and used them on my 65 wagon. We both used rear hatch struts from around a 95-02 Mitsubishi Montero. They work super good. When I installed mine I raised the hood as high as it would go which worked out great!
I'll look into that.

Alright! Picked up my spray can just now. If the rain stays away I'll be spraying ... something later this evening. :D

Noone can claim that i do things sloppily. By the book. Wash with paint thinner and scuff with 600 grit wet sand paper and mask properly.

0F1DD5CE-862C-49DE-A6D9-FCCEAA244F04.jpeg

A coat of primer, zinc rust protector in this case.

91620813-EA72-4C90-90AA-59BA9C1DE98C.jpeg

Then two coats of base. 336 Porsche Mexico Blue.

4806B43B-105A-4BC8-AFAF-2BB6281BA299.jpeg

Good thing I did that masking!

I’m super pleased with the hue! This is what I’ll be using!

Noone can claim that i do things sloppily. By the book. Wash with paint thinner and scuff with 600 grit wet sand paper and mask properly.

View attachment 1715181453

A coat of primer, zinc rust protector in this case.

View attachment 1715181454

Then two coats of base. 336 Porsche Mexico Blue.

View attachment 1715181455

Good thing I did that masking!

I’m super pleased with the hue! This is what I’ll be using!
I get the paint test thing, but is that your daily driver? :wtf:

I get the paint test thing, but is that your daily driver? :wtf:
Um ... Sort of. No, we have a newer car but we still use this one all the time. It's this close to being scrapped, though.

We call it 'fulbilen', the ugly car. It's great for shoveling stuff in the back and hauling filthy air compressors across the country.

Hey Matt! Long time no see!

Well, a lot of things have happened. I've done a few things to the car. Lifted the engine and trans, that was back in April. And I've cut out the crappy patches to the bottom of the front frame rails. I'm still building up the courage to actually start welding in new patches.

And I've done a few upgrades to my shop. I'm not sure if I've told you guys but I now have a blasting cabinet (minus the gloves) and my large compressor is up and running with its dual compressor blocks.

And I've finished the drill press rebuild. There seems to be some sort of mod done to it, though, the belt wheels don't fit under the top cover. But it runs on the new bearings.

And I upgraded my TIG welder to an AC/DC one just the other day! I've wanted to have one for ages. Now I can make my own sheet metal intake!

The biggest event in recent time, though, has to be my stroker build. I decided to go full retard and buy a 400 block in the US thru a guy here in Sweden. It'll be here after Christmas. I've also bought a 440 crank, 383 rods and just today a set of Ford 460 0.030" oversized forged TRW pistons.Now I'm looking at camshafts.

So your doing a big block 66 dart GT then? Or is the big block for a different project?
Yes, I'm planning on putting it in there eventually.

The thing is, if I make it thru inspection, it never has to go to inspection again since it's 50 years old. Os if I get it running in good enough condition to pass inspection with the 360, I can do pretty much whatever I want. Then I'm thinking I should put the BB in and fenderwell headers.

-
Back