66 Dart GT HT Whatsitgonnabe?

-
Hey Don! How are things?

We’re doing OK. Work on the 65 wagon is slowly progressing as is minor e ok ok on the 47. We’ll be visiting Sweden again next year, this time up north with Ulf. It’ll be quite a long adventure this time with stops in Scotland, Riga, Tallinn, Rovanemi Finland via Helsinki, over to visit Ulf, then down to Stockholm, then to Budapest, down to a lengthy visit in Switzerland, over to visit another member in France then back home.

We’re doing OK. Work on the 65 wagon is slowly progressing as is minor e ok ok on the 47. We’ll be visiting Sweden again next year, this time up north with Ulf. It’ll be quite a long adventure this time with stops in Scotland, Riga, Tallinn, Rovanemi Finland via Helsinki, over to visit Ulf, then down to Stockholm, then to Budapest, down to a lengthy visit in Switzerland, over to visit another member in France then back home.
That's a serious trip! Have you been to Ulf before, I can't remember?

You will need a big block transmission since the 440 will not bolt up to a small block transmission. Bellhousing pattern and shape is different.

91853893-2FA7-40E4-A53B-4457BB71C63B.jpeg
You will need a big block transmission since the 440 will not bolt up to a small block transmission. Bellhousing pattern and shape is different.
Yup. I’m aware of this. Found a core for $100 yesterday but was too slow.

Here is my new AC welder with plasma cutter

So will you Turn the mains on that 440 crank down to 400 size for your 451 stroker since it needs turning anyway?

So will you Turn the mains on that 440 crank down to 400 size for your 451 stroker since it needs turning anyway?
The mains actually look pretty good. I think I’ll turn them down, yes. The counterweights need to be turned down as far as I gather from the info online. I suppose the block could be hogged out but I think it’s easier and cheaper to work on the crank.

It’s forged so I think it’ll be strong enough. Well, I hope it will. I’m thinking it might produce a little torque.

So anymore work on the dart body and interior, or the small block to get it thru inspection? My 67 is on the back burner, started working on my sons 69 with his help of course. You should check out our thread on that one "67/68/69 cuda dilemma". Of course that's on the back burner for a little bit until I finish a kinda mopar related project of sorts.

I just bought a beat to crap 1992 Dodge Dakota V6 pickup for $400 off a rancher to get its 42RH overdrive transmission for Patrick's 69 notchback. Was surprised most of the truck was SAE fasteners when I took it apart so I kept all of it. Fender bolts, fender washers, clip nuts etc. So being as i bought a whole truck for the transmission, what to do with the rest of it?? I sold some parts, and turned the back end of the truck into this. Still needs a scuff n paint. But its a perfect scrap trailer. Put a tow vehicle fed power supply in the fuel door for a set of rear facing LED spotlights I am going to buy, as well as lighting up the reverse lights to provide light in case of loading and unloading it at night. Ultimately if I can sell off or scrap $400 worth of 1992 dodge dakota then my trailer and transmission are free LoL

20191024_175916.jpg

20191026_151408.jpg

20191027_184414.jpg

20191027_152536.jpg

20191102_162309.jpg

20191102_162322.jpg

20191102_170147.jpg

Last edited:
So anymore work on the dart body and interior, or the small block to get it thru inspection? My 67 is on the back burner, started working on my sons 69 with his help of course. You should check out our thread on that one "67/68/69 cuda dilemma". Of course that's on the back burner for a little bit until I finish a kinda mopar related project of sorts.

I just bought a beat to crap 1992 Dodge Dakota V6 pickup for $400 off a rancher to get its 42RH overdrive transmission for Patrick's 69 notchback. Was surprised most of the truck was SAE fasteners when I took it apart so I kept all of it. Fender bolts, fender washers, clip nuts etc. So being as i bought a whole truck for the transmission, what to do with the rest of it?? I sold some parts, and turned the back end of the truck into this. Still needs a scuff n paint. But its a perfect scrap trailer. Put a tow vehicle fed power supply in the fuel door for a set of rear facing LED spotlights I am going to buy, as well as lighting up the reverse lights to provide light in case of loading and unloading it at night. Ultimately if I can sell off or scrap $400 worth of 1992 dodge dakota then my trailer and transmission are free LoL
That's a sweet trailer! Well done!

Nah, I haven't done many hours on the car. Cut out the poor patches on the front frame rails, that's it. School has taken all my time and energy.

I'm almost done now, though! Last exam is on Jan 17. Already have a job, too. 5 1/2 miles away in the town of Floda. I'll be teaching maths and science. 12-15 year olds. Super stoked!

Put out my engine and trans for sale yesterday. Asking $2800 for the package. Some likes and tagging but no real interest so far. The thing doesn't look all that good, which probably reduces interest.

Eyax0w_yIEzS4zWlAq4Xn9lpmppZwuodoNIzV-QjMt_hB5V3rpmrzt0ZOF2XxIGENCZ4YzcPfu7Pibg90eg=w477-h635-no.jpg

My 360 and 727 are sold. They’re going in this car:

View attachment 1715425141

I got my asking price so now hopefully I’ll be able to build my stroker.

The buyer is a pretty serious Neunte builder who has his own dyno rig and he said he’ll be running it in that so I’ll find out how much power it makes!

He also put in in touch with this other race engine builder who has agreed to check his stash of cams and other speed parts to get my build going in the right direction. I told him I don’t have an unlimited budget but he said the pistons will be the most expensive.

We’ll see. He’ll be back in Sweden next weekend and we’ll be in touch then.

I really like y'alls car haulers. On ours the wheels are outside the trailer deck. Yours are under it.
I didn’t notice. This is pretty unusual. They normally stick out over here too.

It will be cool to see how much power the 360 made that you put together.
Yes! I can’t wait! I actually bought it finished, though. It was built by an old local mopar legend called The Baron.

Hey folks,

It's been a while - again. Things have been happening, though.

I've ordered a rotating assembly for my 400 stroker build. It'll be a 512 cui monster! H-beam rods, balanced crank, the whole shabang.

I need to finance the rest of the stuff somehow, though. I'm planning on shipping a few core engines home to Sweden, maybe a couple of transmissions also.

I'll post pictures as soon as I get the stuff.

Maybe get with Ulf of shipping engines and transmissions. He uses a container company out of LA.

depending on what happens with the coronavirus, we’re supposed to meet up with Ulf and his wife in Rovanemi Finland in mid June and go back to Tavelsjo for a few days before heading to Hungary.

Maybe get with Ulf of shipping engines and transmissions. He uses a container company out of LA.

depending on what happens with the coronavirus, we’re supposed to meet up with Ulf and his wife in Rovanemi Finland in mid June and go back to Tavelsjo for a few days before heading to Hungary.
Yeah, I spoke with him about that a while back. I know the one.

Welcome back!

Looking forward to see you guys up here.

Glad your back Anders. I thought we lost you. I am on A-Body projects on fakebook too. Lots of early As there. You should check it out.

Hey folks,

It's been a while - again. Things have been happening, though.

I've ordered a rotating assembly for my 400 stroker build. It'll be a 512 cui monster! H-beam rods, balanced crank, the whole shabang.

I need to finance the rest of the stuff somehow, though. I'm planning on shipping a few core engines home to Sweden, maybe a couple of transmissions also.

I'll post pictures as soon as I get the stuff.
Let me know if I can help you out Anders!

-
Back