66 Dart GT HT Whatsitgonnabe?

-
Don,

let me know when you get Anders package. Should be today or tomorrow.

Thanks
Matt

Hey Matt - it arrived today! Going in one of the packages going to Anders (he will have a minimum of 3 but more likely 4 since he is having me ship some of Ulf's stuff with his stuff!
Don

Today turned out great after all!

Djakken stopped by on his way home from work. We only had time to talk for a little while, maybe half an hour, but It was great to meet a fellow FABO member, mopar enthusiast and a really nice guy! He even offered to lend me his MIG welder!

I had to wave him off a lot sooner than I wanted, the kids were starving. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to visit him soon to check out his cars and his garage.

Hey Matt - it arrived today! Going in one of the packages going to Anders (he will have a minimum of 3 but more likely 4 since he is having me ship some of Ulf's stuff with his stuff!
Don

You're still waiting for one from Rock Auto, right?

I'm a little nervous about the shipping cost ... :pale: I'll probably need to buy some roses too.

You're still waiting for one from Rock Auto, right?

Another one from Rock Auto came in today; we're still waiting on Ulf's camshaft - oh where can it be!! It looks like the carb is the heaviest at 17-18 pounds; the rest doesn't seem to be too hatefully heavy!

I'm a little nervous about the shipping cost ... :pale: I'll probably need to buy some roses too.

And take her out to a nice dinner someplace! Roses don't hurt either! I get parts for me and my wife says "What! More car parts!" Other than that she don't say too much!

I usually take my wife to dinner every once in a while, as a rhank you for being understanding about my mistress as she calls my cuda LOL.

Djakken stopped by on his way home from work. We only had time to talk for a little while, maybe half an hour, but It was great to meet a fellow FABO member, mopar enthusiast and a really nice guy! He even offered to lend me his MIG welder!

I had to wave him off a lot sooner than I wanted, the kids were starving. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to visit him soon to check out his cars and his garage.

Wow dude sounds great. Keep us posted.

Btw Don thanks for letting me know Anders package arrived safe and sound. About how long does it take to ship stuff to the land of SAABs ?

I got some other stuff in the box thats a surprise too , including some homemade bling bling for when Anders 66 GT is done. I am just as excited for him to open it as he probably is.

Matt

Btw Don thanks for letting me know Anders package arrived safe and sound. About how long does it take to ship stuff to the land of SAABs ?

Matt

I shipped something to Ulf and from the time the carrier picked up the package till it left for Sweden was about 3 days. Then it spent about 2weeks in the Swedish customs possession and another week in the postal system!!! Now that is not the norm; average time total is about 10-12 days total.

Always great to meet fellow FABO members. I met Ulf this summer at the Mopar Nats and Memike, 6pk2goDemon, lkopaska, and a dozen more at the Farmington Minnesota show "meet and greet" hosted by 66340SEDAN. It has been a great year! I hope to meet you someday also.

Always great to meet fellow FABO members. I met Ulf this summer at the Mopar Nats and Memike, 6pk2goDemon, lkopaska, and a dozen more at the Farmington Minnesota show "meet and greet" hosted by 66340SEDAN. It has been a great year! I hope to meet you someday also.

I'd love to take a trip to the states and try to hook up with some FABO members and visit some shows, a little drag racing, swap meets and whatnot. I can't see it in our budget in the nearest future, though.

Oh, and I'd need to sync it with a Roadkill event. I just have to meet those guys, they got me into this!

It was great to meet you Anders, perfect to have a fellow FABO member so close. We also have Thord in Magra. Thord is the #1 Chrysler expert in western Sweden. Maybe we should arrange a couple evenings with car talk and some nice beers during the winter? If you need anything from my work shop, you just come and get it. I do not have everything, but most of what we need for our A-bodies is there.

Now I know where Magra is! I knew it was somewhere near but not exactly where. Not far at all!

As you probably know, I'm not working right now. I'm home sick recovering from a depression caused by long-term stress and fatigue. Right now, I'm not depressed so much. I do have diminished capacity, though, and get really tired if I don't rest a lot. Like collapse on the coach tired.

I tried working for a few weeks - I've been home since Christmas - but when I increased from two hrs/day to four, I only lasted two days.

It's nice to be home, of course, but it sucks to be weak. That's how I feel but I know I will get better. Maybe I'm back to full time by Christmas. Of this year.

Running the wire wheel over my brake parts and the exterior parts of my brake master cylinder was enough for today.

Attachments

• 2015-10-08 14.35.46.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 222
  • 2015-10-08 14.36.35.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 237
Oh, and my starter cables were pretty badly corroded so I decided to try the ketchup trick.

Tried separating the strands to avoid getting ketchup way up under the insulation due to capillary effect, but ended up with goo everywhere so it didn't really matter.

Turned out ok, I think.

Attachments

• 2015-10-08 12.22.25.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 2015-10-08 12.24.07.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 242
  • 2015-10-08 14.27.44.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 245
I won't be using any of these cables in the end, I'm just throwing it together to get the engine running.

Need some more crimp terminals, though, and my local parts store sell 10 pcs for like $3 and I hate paying that much so I'll be going to get bigger packs elsewhere, probably tomorrow now that I'm so tired.

I wonder if its not so much the tomato, which does have a little.bit of acid, but maybe thr other ingredients in ketchup that makes it work so well. Isnt there vinegar in ketchup too?

Anyhow Anders, i bet working on your dart does lift your spirits a bit. I know i am happiest on fridays after work because i know i will be able to get some wrenching time in, and a bit further along.

Matt

Yes, it's pretty much just vinegar, tomatoes, salt and sugar. Lot's of substances in tomatoes, though.

Yes, the car is definitely therapeutic. I think it's the fairly loud and high-pitch noise from the drill that makes me so tired. One of my symptoms is sensitivity to sound.

Yes, it's pretty much just vinegar, tomatoes, salt and sugar. Lot's of substances in tomatoes, though.

Yes, the car is definitely therapeutic. I think it's the fairly loud and high-pitch noise from the drill that makes me so tired. One of my symptoms is sensitivity to sound.

Dude, Get some ear muffs. One of my hobbies is target shooting. I bought a set of electronic ear muffs. These are freakin great. Got them for $20. You dial up the sensitivity in them and they allow you to listen at normal volumes, but they use an active noise cancellation (ANC) to block out loud noises. Its awesome to be at the range and talk normally and hear normally, but to have the loud bang from firearms going off get instantly muffled.

Or buy a box of disposable ear plugs or ear squishies as we call em. We use these a lot at work. Pretty inexpensive for a box of 100 of em.

Matt

Oh, I do use ear mufflers. And goggles. And as of today even a mask. Got tired of getting my nose full of rust and old paint dust. :D

The thing is I wear glasses and that creates a little opening where a little noise gets in. I could use plugs but I tend to get sore and itching ear tubes (?) from them.

Boy, am I a sissy! :D

I've finished wiring my miniature electrical system, ignition and starter. Just need to add the ground cable to the engine. As you might have noticed, I posted a question about it in the Electrical forum. Very quick response as usual. FABO FTW! :notworth:

Package from Ulf didn't arrive today. Turns out it was sent back to Tavelsjö where Ulf left it ... Should be here by tomorrow. I could be up for a great week-end! :D

I'd never heard of that 'ketchup trick' before. I guess I'll have to start leaning over the battery connections the next time I'm downing a Big Mac.

I prefer muffs over ear plugs myself. And using a mask when sanding, stripping, wire wheeling this old crud off is just being smart. No point in hurting your lungs to restore an old car. Lots of the paint, and other stuff is very harmful to you if breathed in n on a regular basis.

-
Back