66 Dart Owners thread

-
DSC_0893.jpg
DSC_0904.jpg

1966 dart gt, just bought it this weekend for $700. Stoked about it! No motor or trans, but body is in decent shape, need interior to, no interior at all right now.

Wow! I started this post a long time ago. Pardon me while I start at the beginning and catch up. I will save your photos for my 66 Dart collection.I hope you all don't mind. See you when I get done! toolmanmike

Lots of great responses and car stories. Keep em' coming. toolmanmike

Well, I finally got it out on the road this week! Still some things to do but could not resist taking it out for a spin!!!

100_2108.jpg

100_2111.jpg

100_2112.jpg

100_2113.jpg

100_2119.jpg

100_2120.jpg

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!! Nice. 66's look great in red. GT's have so much chrome. It's hard to paint them a knockout color. You've hit the nail on the head. Cragar SS's are a must on this car. toolman

Hey weldboy.did u buy that dart from guy named mike in southern iowa off of craigslist? if so, dang , u beat me to it. I talked to him awhile back , but drug my feet getting down to look at it. looks like a good find.

Yeah Bickel I did buy it from a guy named mike. He lived in Thayer Iowa out near Oscelola. Nice guy, ended up with it for 700 bones and he even hauled to my house in pleasant hill for free!

Beautiful cars guys, absolutly outstanding! Johnmucci, I am going with the vintage air also, they are fantastic! Hows yours working? What size one is that unit? May I ask how come it looks like it's mounted so low on the firewall?

Hi Vic Storm, I have the Gen II Compac Heat/Cool/Defrost Unit... It works great! Bought it at a show and got a great deal. I mounted it lower for several reasons. Easy access, no problems with dash, easy to run all the vent hoses,etc. With the console in the car, its protected pretty much , also I have enough room in case I want to get to the underneath of dash etc. Thanks for your input! John

Heres my 66 gt vert. originally 273 2bbl column shift. converted it to floor shift with a healthy bored 318 dressed with the 273 hipo chrome and valve covers.

PICT0536.jpg

PICT0537.jpg

PICT0535.jpg

She's a beauty! Nicely detailed engine compartment. Your car is a fine example of what we all work towards. Mike

I've a line on one for sale here in San Diego if anyone's interested. It's a '66 GT, V8, 2bbl, P/S, automatic on the column with buckets seats. Has some rust through on the sides of the roof (I think it had a vinyl top at one time), the rear lower section of the quarters, and some in the floor pans. I wasn't able to get into the trunk to inspect so I don't know the condition there. From underneath it looks ok. It's supposed to run but hasn't in a year or so. The engine looks like a mid 70's 318. The guy started to restore but ran out of money and gave up. He'd pulled the LF spindle and upper control arm off to change bushings and stopped right there. I'm going to make him an offer so but I don't plan on keeping the car so if someone is interested, let me know. I believe you'll be able to get it for under $1000 so it's a reasonably priced builder. I can get more detailed info and photos if there is some serious interest.
Thanks, Mark

If anyones interested, there is a 66 gt on ebay. Its in Elpaso TX. My brother went and looked at it. Its a solid project car, the guy is asking 1450 or something but we know from talking to him he'll take A LOT less. email me if you want the low down on it. I'd buy it if weren't so damned far away. Could not get my brother to buy it either so, oh well, somebody else can get it.

Wow just spent more then a hour looking at all the 66's got some great ideas for mine. Just got it before xmas it's a 270 slant 6 plan on driving it this summer. Next winter a 340's goin in and a 8 3/4 suregrip.
Great site awesome 66's heres a pic of when i got it'

1966 Dart Gt 002.jpg

Here is my wagon. /6 automatic "survivor".

Attachments

• Xmas2010-dart 003_crop.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,004
  • Xmas2010-dart 013.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,023
heres the canadian version of the american dart. a canadian 66 valiant. has hydroboost brakes. power trunk and power door locks

Attachments

• our valiant.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 1,078
Here is my 66 Dart GT. Bought it new 6/29/66 for $3200.00. It was a 273/4barrel/4sp. Now its a 398/6pac/4sp. I drag raced it all thru the 60s In 69 i put a 340 in it and street raced it for a couple years. My son drove it to school a couple years. Then in 85 i started fixing it . Its got a narrowed 8 3/4 with 4:10 gears. I drove from Ar. to the nats 1600 miles twice, been on 3 power tours. and runs hi 9 in a 1000 ft. It was the first MOPAR I owned. Thats all ive owned since then.

Attachments

• dart1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,040
  • dart and me pt.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,019
Here is my 66 Dart GT. Bought it new 6/29/66 for $3200.00. It was a 273/4barrel/4sp. Now its a 398/6pac/4sp. I drag raced it all thru the 60s In 69 i put a 340 in it and street raced it for a couple years. My son drove it to school a couple years. Then in 85 i started fixing it . Its got a narrowed 8 3/4 with 4:10 gears. I drove from Ar. to the nats 1600 miles twice, been on 3 power tours. and runs hi 9 in a 1000 ft. It was the first MOPAR I owned. Thats all ive owned since then.

That's a beauty Jack. Welcome to FABO also. There's quite a few 66 Darts around here so You'll get lots of questions from the group. Do you have more photos? Here's another photo of mine (in need of paint and body work) PS. the guy in my avatar isn't me! LOL Toolmanmike

Attachments

• fall07 244.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 985
-
Back