66 Dart Owners thread

-
My '66 Dart. 318, tunnel ram, 4 speed
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ZzNgjxcCM"]Sears Point 24 hours of Lemons, Arse-Freeze-Apalooza, 12/2013[/ame] youtube video

Attachments

• CarandDriver.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 652
  • download-1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 614
hey sorry for not posting in a while been working a ton. here's a picture of the vacuum box on my gt. its the square box on the drivers side fender. Any more info would be great! thanks
C:\Users\matthew\Downloads\hjkihoij.jpg

yes, I do! Rust free orange county, California 66 GT convertible. new paint, slant six all original very nice little dart!

I've wanted to do that for years! Looks bad ***. How far did you guys get? Did the car survive?

though one question with the Speedometer. I have a 4 door 66' dart 270, The speedometer has been getting worse by not going back to Zero, it now reads 75 at a stop, any ideas? Also going with the Clifford performance duel Weber inake.

Attachments

• Dart resized.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 535
  • Intake resized.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 543
Welcome to FABO from a fellow Iowan! I would bet it's in the speedo head itself. Speedos come up for sale here on FABO fairly often so be patient and you'll find one. I have had my instrument cluster out before but didn't do anything but blow it out with a little compressed air. You may want to start a thread and someone else will have a solution. Nice 66 you have and a cool intake system.Keep us posted on your progress. toolmanmike I spy a MAC Tech 1000 box in the backround. Cool.

Send it my buddy Ed over at North Hollywood speedometer( in cali). He will rebuild the speedo head. Not too expensive and combine that with new cable(which I believe he makes also) it will work perfect!

gtmopar>I've wanted to do that for years! Looks bad ***. How far did you guys get? Did the car survive?<

The car survived. We had originally saved the car from the crusher with tons of trips to pick-ur-part to cut out donor sections to replace frame/floor/fire wall. So we kinda like the car now that she is presentable as a race car and tried our best to keep her from harm. She faired very well.

The Tunnel Rams did quite well in the fuel mileage and performance departments....with help from hours of tuning with a WBO2 set up and *** load of cautions. Despite being on top of a stock 318.

The Dart did well. We ran in 9th place over all Sunday afternoon and secured 1st in class B for a couple of hours. A BMW 318 hit us 20 minutes before the end and we were bumped to 2nd in class and 12th over all out of 183 cars. Not bad for 2 days and over 600 miles of all out racing.

GTMOPAR you MUST go on the Lemons forum and link up with a local team. It's an awesome time. Words aren't enough.

I will alltime thanks for the info and I'm glad she faired well. I've got a group of friends that are total gearheads. We have built derby cars but never a lemons car. Just gotta find something fast, rear wheel drive and fun. Are they real strict on the mods to the engine you can do? I know they don't care when it comes to tires, brakes and safety, but I heard that the 500 car needs to look like a 500 car.

gtmopar. They are strict about lots of things. If you decide to build a car you will want to check out the rules/tech sheet. It depends on what you do to the engine, these guys have seen it all and have a good BS radar. To be honest I would just focus on a durable engine for 3500-5500 RPM all day long, ie, stamped rockers gotta go.

more sanding, and first of new patch pannels

Attachments

• 1012536_259454250883899_1719843818_n.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 467
  • 1796549_259454137550577_779526109_n.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 478
  • 1779175_259454114217246_998040608_n.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 468
more sanding, and first of new patch pannels
Sounds like your speedo is worn out. There is too much clearence in the input shaft which allows the magnet to contact the shell that holds the needle. The housing needs to be rebushed to tighten it back up again. A good speedo shop should be able to do that for you.

Here's my 66 Dart 270 with factory wheels and cragars from my 69 Dart.
Haven't decided on whether to go with Cragars or stay stock.

Attachments

• 66 Dart wheels 001.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 460
  • 66 Dart wheels 005.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 457
  • 66 Dart wheels 002.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 433
  • 66 Dart wheels 004.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 450
Nice Nice Nice. Love them both! Cragars look great but I agree with Scott, the stock wheels and dog dish caps make it look like a super stocker especially because it's a 270 post car. Clean and simple! Nice stance too!
tmm

Nice Nice Nice. Love them both! Cragars look great but I agree with Scott, the stock wheels and dog dish caps make it look like a super stocker especially because it's a 270 post car. Clean and simple! Nice stance too!
tmm

Thanks !! I've been leaning towards keeping it stock also for the super stock look. I have a thinner 1" outer trim ring that breaks up the white wheel a little bit. Got a lot of good comments at the last car show about they have never seen one local except Mopar Nationals at Carlisle,Pa.

I used ABS for my floor pans, and knew they offered wheel wells just didn't know quality on them.

-
Back