66 to 67 front end swap

-

pumppy10

Reaction score
hey everone, i have a 66 valiant 100 model and need parts that are next to impossible to find. looks like 67 parts are alot easer to find. can i convert the entire front clip over to a 67 model year?

Nope. That's a major change in model Up to 66, then 67-69, then 70 / later were major changes.

But even some of the 67-69 parts interchange on certain models of the 70/ later stuff.

hey everone, i have a 66 valiant 100 model and need parts that are next to impossible to find. looks like 67 parts are alot easer to find. can i convert the entire front clip over to a 67 model year?

What parts are you looking for? About he only parts that are different are the center links. The 67 is several inches wider than the early A.

Rebuilt the front ends of 2 '66 Darts. No problems with front end parts from PST. Kanter has them too, but are more expensive. Rubber and graphite bushings available.

The change to the A-body in 67 allowed the B-block to be installed. The LCA attachment points are farther apart. This is dictated by the K-frame. The K-frame was changed again in 73, but it will interchange with 67-72. I know this doesn't help you with your issue, but thought you ought to know. Good luck

Sorry, I meant just the sheet metal, fenders, hood and grill. I can not find a good set of fenders for a 66 but have found several for 67. Even the fenders i do find for the 66 cost a ton more then the 67 and are in way worst shape.

What about that 66 4 door that someone is parting out on FABO right now?? The front sheetmetal looks to be useable, although the fenders look to need some attention in the lower rear!! There was also another member here selling an entire 66 convertible parts car for something in the range of $500.00 in Kansas or Missouri, maybe a search would scare up these threads. The sheetmetal is out there you just need to be patiren to find it. From the looks of your avatar pic, your front clip looks very good, can you post up some closeups of it to see?? Geof

1966 front clip is one year only so parts are hard to find
you could change it to an earlier clip from any A body, dart, cuda, valiant,

1966 front clip is one year only so parts are hard to find
you could change it to an earlier clip from any A body, dart, cuda, valiant,

I like...64-65 has a more "art deco" look, more curvy...curves are good!

Sorry, I meant just the sheet metal, fenders, hood and grill. I can not find a good set of fenders for a 66 but have found several for 67. Even the fenders i do find for the 66 cost a ton more then the 67 and are in way worst shape.
Not without some serious modifications it won't. The later body is wider than your '66 and the lip that the fenders attach to the unibody is 90 degrees off. Body lines, cowl curve, door curve, etc, is all different.

-
Back