67 Dart Build Triangulated 4 link & Mini Tub

-
LOL! What the hell is this????? Damn dude, I had no idea you were already working on this. hahaha You just dont know when to sit down and take a break do you?

This ought to be really cool.

LOL! What the hell is this????? Damn dude, I had no idea you were already working on this. hahaha You just dont know when to sit down and take a break do you?

This ought to be really cool.

I am hoping that the Alternator will fit in the factory spot but I don't know with How I need to run the headers pipes into the Turbo Flange's.

Sooo that being said I may need to set up the alternator like you are doing yours! Sitting up high it will need to be Polished, Chromed out and some bling of course!:-D

Cool Deal Louis...I got that talk again from the ole lady last night quote.."all you care about is working on your cars" this is after my wife sat on the phone last night until 10:30...I told her at 8:30 that I was leaving to get something to eat and I did...WTF

It's odd how women "forget" all about the massive amounts of cash they spend on clothes,hair makeup,reicpe books an dollar store junk. My wife used to fight my tooth and nail when I spent anything on my visa for the Dart. Get this nig lecture about how we cant afford it.Then she goes and orders pizza,on my credit card without even asking me. I guess its her card not mine.

Talk about bossy pants.

I am hoping that the Alternator will fit in the factory spot but I don't know with How I need to run the headers pipes into the Turbo Flange's.

Sooo that being said I may need to set up the alternator like you are doing yours! Sitting up high it will need to be Polished, Chromed out and some bling of course!:-D

You might need to get one of those mini-alternators.

bremereric;Cool Deal Louis...I got that talk again from the ole lady last night quote.."all you care about is working on your cars" this is after my wife sat on the phone last night until 10:30...I told her at 8:30 that I was leaving to get something to eat and I did...WTF

needsaresto;It's odd how women "forget" all about the massive amounts of cash they spend on clothes,hair makeup,reicpe books an dollar store junk. My wife used to fight my tooth and nail when I spent anything on my visa for the Dart. Get this nig lecture about how we cant afford it.Then she goes and orders pizza,on my credit card without even asking me. I guess its her card not mine.

Talk about bossy pants.

Well I am glad to hear I am not the only one who gets chewed out! haaa

I Spend $900.00 per month on my 2 girls Dance Competition addiction plus Costumes, private lessons etc. Not counting my sons College Studio Apt in SF that is $1150.00 per month + Food, Books, Cloth's, flights home etc, and my wifes allowance of 4K per month for all the house crap and her spending $$ among other things. No that doesn't include house payments, insurance etc. Don't get me wrong I have a GREAT wife who takes care of everything so I can go Knock down the $$. I truly appreciate what she does because there is NO WAY I could do it.

So my thinking and most of us is "I am going to work on my car and you are not going to STOP me from doing it". It is just the way it is!

I really think it comes down to they think we LOVE our cars or Hobbie more than them because we sometimes pay more attention to the Car instead of them! Which most of us can not argue!

I think I will start a RANT post on the whole subject............that would be hilarious!!

You may want to find a way to low mount the alternator.

Looks pretty cool.

Well I have been messing around with my cheap azzz turbo build! I am using 2 of the GT45 Ebay Turbo's and building a 410 Stroker with 9:1 Compression. I am shooting for 700-800RWHP with no more than 15lbs of boost. I have most of the parts. 2 Blow off valves, 2 wastegates, variable boost controller under dash, exhaust piping etc. 2 Air/water intercoolers will be mounted 1 in each front wheel well. There will also be a Heat Exchanger up high in front of the Radiator with 2 10" fans on it. There will be an ICE BOX in the trunk plumbed in also. I will also be running a Stage 2 AIS Meth Injection kit and a BLOW THRU CARB. I am using Block Hugger Headers to keep the cost and fabrication to a minimum.
We will see what happens. I hear Boost is like Crack..........if it is I will be for sure upgrading in the future once I get the hang of building one of these things.

The cage will be upgraded to a 12 Point in the process also. My buddy will come over with his bender and finish the front portion off. I DO NOT like the kits how they come pre bent thru the dash etc.

I will probably start a new thread on the whole process once I get DEEPER into the build.

View attachment 179427

View attachment 179428

View attachment 179429

View attachment 179430

View attachment 179431

View attachment 179432

View attachment 179433

View attachment 179435

What a mess!!! :downtown: Ahhh twins! Louis I recommend that you put the turbo down and step away from the welder. I thought we were going to take baby steps! Your elbows deep already. Somehow I missed the updates on this thread, well now your in deep doo-doo that Dart is going to fly! I was wondering though, do you have a clone or something? I dont see how you have enough time in the day to do all that you do!

What a mess!!! :downtown: Ahhh twins! Louis I recommend that you put the turbo down and step away from the welder. I thought we were going to take baby steps! Your elbows deep already. Somehow I missed the updates on this thread, well now your in deep doo-doo that Dart is going to fly! I was wondering though, do you have a clone or something? I dont see how you have enough time in the day to do all that you do!

I gotta go ape **** now cause I don't know how long I will be breathing for! :-D

I spend more time starring at a project and how I am going to get it done than actually working on it. Maybe that helps when I actually go and do it.

I just came back from the muffler shop, they bent me up some 2.5" to 3"reducers from some 13 guage pipe for the Turbo Flange to the header pipe. A whole $7.00. I felt like that was too cheap so I bought the guys some Tacos also!

I work alone, like I use to Drink! :banghead: haaaa

First of all Eric, its a Texas thing, my wife does the same thing. Thank God for unlimited minutes.

MD,
Im gonna call your build Godzilla,
A fire breathing beast that eats Japanese things and people:cheers::cheers::cheers:
Andrew

I am using 2 60mm Wastegates and 2 50mm Blow off valves. These were purchased thru ebay also.

I am still waiting on the other wastegate that was back ordered. It should be here next week.

Anyway I was doing some reading on these parts and decided to take them apart and check them out. I did find that all the O rings were tore in the wastegate, a nut was the wrong size and probably would have came off. SOooooooooo, I basically rebuilt it with new o rings, new nut and jam nut to hold the diaphram on. The Diaphram is made out of some good material, it looks exactly like the Tial Diaphram! I cleaned it all up and used RED Locktite on all the allen bolts, nuts etc. I polished the valve and also put a healthy dose of anti sieze on it. The valve is made out of SOLID STAINLESS.

I also took out the middle spring and left the skinny coil which is the fattest spring in it. I hooked it up to bench test it and the valve opened smoothly at about 4lbs of boost. So I hooked up my Hallman boost controller and turned up the boost pressure to 45lbs. That thing works awesome. I can control the boost from 4lbs all the way up to the set pressure of 45+ or whatever I set it at. The valve opens SMOOTH and closes perfect.

I also took apart the Blow off Valves and inspected them. They were fine with nothing to report. I did however take out the same spring "the middle one" and bench tested both of them with a TEE and calibrated them to open at the exact same time with 10lbs of back pressure. So when the throttle shuts the butterfly's on the carb at say 5lbs of boost the pressure in the intake tube will probably go to 10+ lbs and BLOW off the boost in the tract! They work awesome on the bench!

View attachment IMG_2050.jpg

View attachment IMG_2051.jpg

View attachment IMG_2052.jpg

View attachment IMG_2053.jpg

I am using 2 60mm Wastegates and 2 50mm Blow off valves. These were purchased thru ebay also.

I am still waiting on the other wastegate that was back ordered. It should be here next week.

Anyway I was doing some reading on these parts and decided to take them apart and check them out. I did find that all the O rings were tore in the wastegate, a nut was the wrong size and probably would have came off. SOooooooooo, I basically rebuilt it with new o rings, new nut and jam nut to hold the diaphram on. The Diaphram is made out of some good material, it looks exactly like the Tial Diaphram! I cleaned it all up and used RED Locktite on all the allen bolts, nuts etc. I polished the valve and also put a healthy dose of anti sieze on it. The valve is made out of SOLID STAINLESS.

I also took out the middle spring and left the skinny coil which is the fattest spring in it. I hooked it up to bench test it and the valve opened smoothly at about 4lbs of boost. So I hooked up my Hallman boost controller and turned up the boost pressure to 45lbs. That thing works awesome. I can control the boost from 4lbs all the way up to the set pressure of 45+ or whatever I set it at. The valve opens SMOOTH and closes perfect.

I also took apart the Blow off Valves and inspected them. They were fine with nothing to report. I did however take out the same spring "the middle one" and bench tested both of them with a TEE and calibrated them to open at the exact same time with 10lbs of back pressure. So when the throttle shuts the butterfly's on the carb at say 5lbs of boost the pressure in the intake tube will probably go to 10+ lbs and BLOW off the boost in the tract! They work awesome on the bench!

View attachment 179880

View attachment 179881

View attachment 179882

View attachment 179883
Louis, you sure your wife isn't giving you **** about getting new parts and boxes showing up at you house?
If not it sure must be nice...take care Eric

Louis, you sure your wife isn't giving you **** about getting new parts and boxes showing up at you house?
If not it sure must be nice...take care Eric

My wife never say's anything about it. I have them sent to the office! haaaaaa

She knows that I get parts all the time. My sister in law works for me and gives her updates on a regular basis because she is the one who signs for them! :-D

I fixed your boost controller.... :-D:-D:-D

Attachments

• boosted.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,123
roflol!!! now fix your avatar! :read2:

You miss the "minister of misinformation"?

I tried to get this one as my avatar, won't work. I'm VERY disappointed!

Back to the suspension thread... :)

Hey Louis, you are my hero. A twin turbo - YEEEEEHHHAAAA!!!!!! Thought I would give you a little update on my copy cat 4 link. After MUCH back and forth with Ricky finally got the kit yesterday. Frickin awesome. Well worth the effort. I ordered up the shocks and brackets after making sure all the 4 link parts were present. Went with 150# springs as my 74 Duster is quite a bit heavier than your 67 from the factory plus power steering, power brakes, Lakewood bell housing and iron case 883. Just want to thank you again for the parts list, contact info for Ricky, shock info and the great pics and thread. I'm subscribed to you turbo thread and can't wait to see that monster completed.

Rapom65 did you sourse your 4 link from the same supplier as Louis? Might I know how much please?

Rapom65 did you sourse your 4 link from the same supplier as Louis? Might I know how much please?

I think I paid $450.00 for all the links, rod ends Brackets etc. Remember though I went BIGGER 1.5" Tubes. It is probably right at $300.00 for the smaller tubes and only adjustable on 1 end. The shocks are of course not included.

I might need bigger tubing as well.451 can make lots of power as can the stage VI heads.Plus the turbo build your doing is really inspiring and I have been rethinking the focus of my build.I think that a protouring car would suit me far better,something with 4 or 5 gears upgraded handling and brakes. Truth be told a turbo build is sooo much more street friendly that I have been wanting to do a turbo motor ever since I bought Corky Bells book 4 years back.

Hmmm a 451 with stage VI heads and some kind of power adder would be a ton of fun!

RESTO I got my stuff from same supplier as Louis did. Prices have gone up since Louis got his back in April. I went with the exact same kit as Louis's which cost me $549 shipped to WA. If your going to produce "Ludicrous Power" this is the kit to get. Very heavy duty stuff. Ricky is kind of hard to work with as he's so busy (one man business and working full time job) that he forgets/thinks he has answered your questions. Just keep on his AZZ! Once we got the order in it was at my door within a week. The shocks, lower shock brackets & mounts are cheaper through Jeggs right now. Summit's prices have gone up for the same stuff. If you ask nice Louis will send you all the info on the kit. Also the best way to communicate with Ricky is through his email. Don't bother with his web site. Have fun, I'm headed to the garage to start on this install!!!!!!!!

-
Back