67 Dart Build Triangulated 4 link & Mini Tub

-
damn excelent work Mad Dart. id love to get my hands on your measurements and angles for your 4 link. i was wanting to do the exact thing except with a little narrower tire. my goal is about 400hp. i cant wait to see some pics of this thing tearin up the road.

Thanks, I Pm'd you the parts list etc just now!

bremereric Louis...good to know that your still alive...you haven't posted much lately...Eric

I'm still alive. Been working alot lately! Getting paid is a different story though when you are self employed!

When I started reading this thread I was not even sure what a 4 link was! Now I amin need of a parts list and a PowerPoint presentation. lol almost typed PP presentation. Darn sure don't need that. Awesome, Educational and Inspiring. I am not even close to the level of ability as has been shown here, however,I will be doing this to my 73Swinger.

Mad Dart -

I have to concur with everyone else in this thread.....your build is amazing. I have a couple 67 Darts that were started years ago as a high school father/son build that just ran out of time and money and have been sitting ever since.

Well, I have some money I'm saving up in the hopes that after I get back from another trip to the desert this fall that maybe I can start up working on my dream car again. In the mean time, I'm trying to gather all the info and ideas that I can. Helps to keep the dream alive.

I hate to ask since you've sent the parts list several times already, but would you mind sending it 1 more time? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Keep up the great work....I'll be following your build in the mean time to keep my dream alive!

- Eric

awesome build, great work, figured I would throw In a tip for some thats looking to do a relocation kit, on A-body, first.. make sure You have plenty Of time it took Me 3 days to do mine, But the first day was messuring and Bobbing everything, But here is the best tip to make it look nice, when you go to messure everything out on the new box that has to be welded in, mark where the hole has to be, then move it back 1 1/4, this will help center the rear from front to back in the wheel well,

awesome build, great work, figured I would throw In a tip for some thats looking to do a relocation kit, on A-body, first.. make sure You have plenty Of time it took Me 3 days to do mine, But the first day was messuring and Bobbing everything, But here is the best tip to make it look nice, when you go to messure everything out on the new box that has to be welded in, mark where the hole has to be, then move it back 1 1/4, this will help center the rear from front to back in the wheel well,

FYI,

If you are going to run a small tire that may work, BUT, if you are going to run a tire like I did here, you CAN NOT move the rear end back 1.5". The tire is SOOOO close to the Tub in the front and the back leaving it in the stock position. The only way to fix that is to Move the Tub Back the same distance in the trunk area. Look at my pictures to see what I am talking about. I had to use a Massaging Hammer Technique to make mine clear. This is on a Dart, I don't know about a Duster or Demon.

When I built my ladder bars and stuffed a 31 10.50 under my duster, there is no room to move front or back the tire dictates axle location. So moving things around wont always work

Hi, could you send me the pdf of the parts list...thx and congrats on an unbeliveable build. Thanks again John.

Just spent the last hour reading through this whole thread. After about the 3rd page I think it was I realized that it was Jared's old car. I met him through Justin when I was stationed down in California in the Marines. Just curious when I can bring my car down there though so you can do my Minitubs for me? I can weld more for necessity than I can for finish welds and decent looks. Either way it all looks absolutely amazing. I have been seriously contemplating going back to California. The damn "war injuries" do not mix well with the cold weather. I am much to young to feel this damn old, to quote good ol' Garth Brooks. I miss being in shorts and a t shirt on Christmas day.... Keep up the amazing work

Jeff

Just spent the last hour reading through this whole thread. After about the 3rd page I think it was I realized that it was Jared's old car. I met him through Justin when I was stationed down in California in the Marines. Just curious when I can bring my car down there though so you can do my Minitubs for me? I can weld more for necessity than I can for finish welds and decent looks. Either way it all looks absolutely amazing. I have been seriously contemplating going back to California. The damn "war injuries" do not mix well with the cold weather. I am much to young to feel this damn old, to quote good ol' Garth Brooks. I miss being in shorts and a t shirt on Christmas day.... Keep up the amazing work

Jeff

Yes it is Jared's old car. I actually picked it up at Justin's house using my AAA Towing package! haaaaa

Tell you what Jeff, I will teach you how to weld with a mig pretty darn good in about 30 minutes! Then you can start cuttin up your car at will!:D

Its always easy to tear stuff apart, cut it up etc, putting it back together is the hard part.

Yeah I remember he had it stored there for the longest time and Justin was happy to have his driveway space back. Like I said it looks pretty amazing. If you can teach me how to do it in 30min then I suppose when I come down in the spring for the Spring Fling I am going to make a minimum of a 30min pit stop. I find that I always get to talking for long durations of time about cars with other Mopar guys and the time seems to fly away. My wife always knows that if I am going to meet up with another Mopar guy and I say I am going to be home in an hour not to expect me for a minimum of 4... LOL

Jeff

Bumping this thread for an amazing job man! this build is great in every way. makes me really miss my Dart, been in storage way to long. Any updates?

How much did it cost to make the 4 link? I want to do it for my car, but have not metal skills at all! :(

How much did it cost to make the 4 link? I want to do it for my car, but have not metal skills at all! :(

It is in here somewhere how much I paid. If I recall it was about $400.00 for all the Link Bars Brackets etc. I have right at $1000.00 in it with the shocks & Lower Shock mounts. The shortening of the 8 3/4, powder coating and the Disc Brakes are outside that cost.

It is in here somewhere how much I paid. If I recall it was about $400.00 for all the Link Bars Brackets etc. I have right at $1000.00 in it with the shocks & Lower Shock mounts. The shortening of the 8 3/4, powder coating and the Disc Brakes are outside that cost.

The 400 for the links and bars and brackets is that the same as this:

http://www.magnumforce.com/store/de...&BrandID=&Category=&SubCategory=&Search=&Page=

And Then I just need to buy the shocks and lower shock mounts and rod ends?

Is any 4 link setup going to be around 1k? IF so might just stay with what I have or go Calvert.

No that is a traditional 4 link set up, not a Triangulated 4 link. Pretty sure you would need to back half your car for those forward brackets to fit under the car.

and with yours you wouldnt? Im new to this so, sorry if I ask alot. Im more of a enigine transmission guy only.

and with yours you wouldnt? Im new to this so, sorry if I ask alot. Im more of a enigine transmission guy only.

No not with mine. Google 4 link and you will see what I am talking about. A true 4 link the bars go straight. The upper bars will intrude into the floor area of a standard car, back halving the car and RAISING the floor will keep those bars under the car.

Here is a good example....... Look at the forward bar mounts, they are in the floor at least 6". This area must be raised unless you want to see them in action inside the passenger compartment.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=158298

No not with mine. Google 4 link and you will see what I am talking about. A true 4 link the bars go straight. The upper bars will intrude into the floor area of a standard car, back halving the car and RAISING the floor will keep those bars under the car.

Here is a good example....... Look at the forward bar mounts, they are in the floor at least 6". This area must be raised unless you want to see them in action inside the passenger compartment.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=158298

Thank you. This setup is much more practical for me than the other. I love your work!

Well, I bought a Ford 9" Rear End today and I will be fitting it into the car. I will be selling the 8 3/4 Rear end that is under the car now. It is set up for a Triangulated 4 Link and shortened for a Mini Tub, Shortened axles New Green Bearings Big Bolt Pattern 5 on 4.5. It has a Brand New Nodular 489 Case, 391 Gears, Sure Grip and a Disc Brake conversion with the parking brake provision, new Cables etc. Someone could bolt this under their car with a few mods and a Mini Tub of course. This will be in the for sale section in a few days as a package deal or possibly parted out.

Someone is going to get a nicely setup rear end.

Switched to the 9" for strength?

-
Back