67 Dart Build Triangulated 4 link & Mini Tub

-
Someone is going to get a nicely setup rear end.

Switched to the 9" for strength?

Yes for strength & Ring & Pinion Selection, there is a ton of ratio's available. When I started this build it originally was going to have the 402 Stroker in it with a Small hit of NOS then the Turbo Bug hit me. The 8 3/4 set up the way it is now is good to 600HP and should last a long time at that power level. I am anticipating a minimum of 800HP to the tires with the Twin Turbo set up.

Yes someone is going to get a great deal on a Rear End Set Up.

Here we go again Louis. Get ready for a Hijack. BTW I think it's a smart move. :thumblef:

My thought at the time was to do a Dana 60 but I don't like them because of how difficult it can be to change the ring and pinion plus the cost of parts are expensive, so I went with the 8 3/4.

The Ford 9" is hella strong and parts along with gearing are readily available. I will be using either a Nodular Iron Drop out with a Nodular Pinion Carrier or Aluminum. The Aluminum piece is about 24lbs lighter than the Nodular Iron Case, we will see.

This time I will be shortening the Rear myself and not sub contracting it out. The new ends are about $60.00 and my friend Pete has the complete set up to weld the new ends on. He is going to let me use his set up. The whole process seems easy enough. The 9" I bought came out of a Lincoln Mark 8 or a Versailles it is the Big Bearing one. It has Disc Brakes already on it but I will probably ditch them and go with a Wilwood set up this time.

No more updates from me. Sick of the Trollers who don't do anything but sit on their asses don't ever work on their cars or even have any first hand knowledge of how to even do anything on their own who bash the guys that actually do.

They don't even understand how much time goes into updating a thread in detail like I do with pictures and progress because they have NEVER done it themselves.

Hey Louis don't let these butt munchers get to you. They think thier experts because they read about others work but they have no understanding of how to DO. i've followed all your threads with great interest and would be sad to see you stop posting. Please don't stop.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the installation of your four link set up in my Duster today. It's frigging awsome. Thanks again for the parts list. Rapom

Geez...this seems to be a tough forum for some people lately. On another note...I agree the 9" is a smart move. Ive heard the argument a million times, but will always side with the 9". Youve mentioned the positive points of the 9"...gear selection, drop out third member, etc. I have 3 Mark Williams center sections sitting here. If we go from our 820" motor, to our back up 600" motor, you better believe we have different gear sets for each. Can drop and replace a third member in about 30 minutes if we have to. :)
Keep up the good work.

No more updates from me. Sick of the Trollers who don't do anything but sit on their asses don't ever work on their cars or even have any first hand knowledge of how to even do anything on their own who bash the guys that actually do.

They don't even understand how much time goes into updating a thread in detail like I do with pictures and progress because they have NEVER done it themselves.

Believe me, I know what it takes to document and share. I've done it multiple time on various forums.
Try not to pay attention to the keyboard commandos, there are a lot of people who find threads like yours EXTREMELY helpful.

On be half of those who appreciate your time and effort in sharing, Thank You!

How about that my post is gone.Oh well. (not really, just a senior moment, it was on your other post!)
MD, or should I say Doctor rocket, I know what a pain in the *** this can be but if you help someone you help keep this sickness alive. Besides when you are done we can meet up and take up both lanes of a two lane highway and push everyone else out of the way! Ill bring the rocket launcher!
Andrew

Glad I found this thread, lots of good fabrication ideas. Also really like the wheels and tires. Learned a couple of things, mainly that a 325 tire is really what I want to run. Still haven't decided if I want a 325 50 15 or 325 35 17, but either way I know if I do a minitub I can make it work.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Amazing write up man... I just spent two hours reading through every post and page. I can only imagine how much time you spent uploading photos, writing them up, and getting everything in sequence. Not to mention the hours and hours you spent actually performing the work - which was amazing in itself. I've got a PM heading your way.

Just read this from go to woah. As a new member, if this is the quality of builds im likely to see here, I might have to take a few weeks off work to catch up on my reading.

excellent job mate, well done.

Glenn

Does anybody still have mad Darts parts list? I'm about to start my own 4-link and would love some help. Thanks

I did, he no longer has it, I was hoping some of the people who had asked earlier still have it, I may bother a few of them and pm to see...

Whats the latest on this man?? Ive been following for awhile and noticed it got a little quiet recently. Whats the updates?? BTW... Where in rancho murieta are you? i live in arcade. I'd LOVE to come see this beast and maybe you can show me some things for my barracuda. I want to do the same rear setup you have going on.:blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob:

I sold this set up and did a Ford 9" instead for this car. Still triangulated 4 link but a lil different. The car changed directions doing Twin Turbo Small Block. Car is completely fabbed up ready for paint & at a stand still right now. Been messing around with the Scamp. I'm off the 15 fwy Cal Oaks exit.

I sold this set up and did a Ford 9" instead for this car. Still triangulated 4 link but a lil different. The car changed directions doing Twin Turbo Small Block. Car is completely fabbed up ready for paint & at a stand still right now. Been messing around with the Scamp. I'm off the 15 fwy Cal Oaks exit.

Why did you end up going with a ford 9"?

Why did you end up going with a ford 9"?
8 3/4 dont hold up for **** on high hp turbo cars. my friends twin turboed challenger couldnt hold a 8.3/4 together.. it sheered the pinion on street tires.. after doing that a few times he switched to a 9 inch and never had a problem..

8 3/4 dont hold up for **** on high hp turbo cars. my friends twin turboed challenger couldnt hold a 8.3/4 together.. it sheered the pinion on street tires.. after doing that a few times he switched to a 9 inch and never had a problem..

That is my reason.

What made you stay with the redesigned 4 link instead of the pro street ladder bar?

What made you stay with the redesigned 4 link instead of the pro street ladder bar?

Frame rails were already boxed for the link bars. The car would also sit quite a bit lower with the 4 Link. Ladder bar cars don't sit that low unless you back half or go into the trunk pan for the shock tower.

-
Back