67 Dart Build Triangulated 4 link & Mini Tub

-
Pictures of where I am at so far. This is ruffed in I still need to tap the metal around a bit before I weld it off. I will be welding the inner tub to the floor in the trunk area and then again in the wheel well along the frame rail. I will grind the frame rail area as flat as possible after welding.

I didn't need to patch the floor at all.

349 stroker etc 009.jpg

349 stroker etc 010.jpg

349 stroker etc 011.jpg

349 stroker etc 012.jpg

349 stroker etc 013.jpg

349 stroker etc 014.jpg

349 stroker etc 015.jpg

349 stroker etc 016.jpg

349 stroker etc 017.jpg

349 stroker etc 009.jpg

349 stroker etc 010.jpg

349 stroker etc 011.jpg

349 stroker etc 012.jpg

349 stroker etc 013.jpg

349 stroker etc 014.jpg

349 stroker etc 015.jpg

349 stroker etc 016.jpg

349 stroker etc 017.jpg

Lookin good!The second side is always easier,you learn an easier wayfrom the first side.LOL.I still have to fixup my trunk lid so it will open and stay up on it,s own.

It is getting there. Alot of work and not enough time, you know the deal! A few hours here and there and bammmmmmmmm it's done! haaaaaaaaa

I pick up my Housing and Axles this week so hopefully I will have some pictures of it on the ground very soon!

Looking awesome. The screws holding the patch metal in place is genious. I should have done that.
Hey Madart I had a stupid welding test today that work put on for all of us mechanics at the local community college. I guess that we have some mechainics that don't know how to weld and they want to find out who they are. We had to tig aluminum, mig aluminum, stick stainless, tig stainless, stick mild steel and tig mild steel. I was relieved to find out I rocked it. :cheers: We also had a timed test machining parts using prints on a lathe and mill. It sucked because I ran out of time on my second part, but still did well. I just wanted to share.

Right on Badart! You still got it. I use to weld every day at work. I haven't
welded in at least 15 years so I still got the shakes getting more use to it again messin
with the cars. My gut gets in the way now which messes up my breathing in tight
spots where I can barely find the right position and then comes the shakes! Kinda funny......dang I am getting old!!

Self tapping sheet metal screws, or Cliko pins they all leave the same size hole except screws dont cost $5 ea.
Your work is looking good, keep it up.
Andrew

I have always used self tapping sheet metal screws for metal work. I drill a 1/8 hole in the panel Im fastening to,and punch a 1/4 hole in the replacement metal. This gives adjustment room for alignment.Cleko might be nice but too much money compared to a simple screw!

HA!!! WOW!! Those are nice tires right there! They are fatties!!!! You are doing a fine job buddy!!

Killer tire's Mad Dart just the size I would love to put on my Dart, Great job so far more pics PLEASE.
Brad

mopardude318,,,,,HA!!! WOW!! Those are nice tires right there! They are fatties!!!! You are doing a fine job buddy!!

Thanks, those tires should tuck in there nice with the adjustable link set up.

bkd Killer tire's Mad Dart just the size I would love to put on my Dart, Great job so far more pics PLEASE.
Brad

I started welding off the Passenger side this morning. You actually need to be a contortionist to get it done. I worked on it for about 3 hours and I still got about 1 1/2 hours left to finish it. I am sooooo out of shape, in some positions I felt like I was going to POP a LUNG with my RIBS trying to weld it off DANGGGGG.........haaaaaaaa:-D

I will take alot more pics, didn't have time today I was in a hurry to get to work.

Pics from today.

This is a big job it actually looks a lot easier than it is from pics and the power point. Still got about 1 1/2 hours of contortionist welding work left.

349 stroker etc 006.jpg

349 stroker etc 007.jpg

349 stroker etc 008.jpg

349 stroker etc 009.jpg

349 stroker etc 010.jpg

349 stroker etc 012.jpg

349 stroker etc 006.jpg

349 stroker etc 007.jpg

349 stroker etc 008.jpg

349 stroker etc 009.jpg

349 stroker etc 010.jpg

349 stroker etc 012.jpg

Looks like you have to be a contortionist just to take the pics LOL be careful and more pics PLEASE lol love the job so far.
Brad

WOW!!!! 9 Pages of car building / fabricating ****... I love it!!!!!

Can you please PM me the list of parts and specs to build my own set up? I am mini tubing my 71 demon now and love your set up. which if it is cheaper than the RMS set up I may go this route as well. I love the RMS set up, but like most of us I have more time than money and yours may be a good route to consider for me. Looking forward to checking out the parts list and specs.

Thanks and keep up the great thread!!!

Looks great man! I just hope I can afford to buy it back when you are done with it...It will be an awesome road trip from So Cal to FL in a Bad azz 67 Dart8)

I Just ordered the 8pt cage from Art Morrison. 7 Day lead time. Hopefully the Mini Tub will be done and the Rear End will be back from the shop before it gets here!

man that is a great looking set up. can you send me a spec sheet of it as well. allong with the powerpoint you nave for the mini tubs. i was talking with my fuddy today. and said we should do this and he said " i thought we were, and thats why your showing it to me..."

Whoa, are you doing all that with the fuel tank in?

Brave man.

The tank is all sealed and it has 16 gallons of gas in it. If I thought I was going to burn through it or get it hot I would have took it out. Well I guess I will need to take it out on the Drivers Side cause it will be in the way! Damnnn

man that is a great looking set up. can you send me a spec sheet of it as well. allong with the powerpoint you nave for the mini tubs. i was talking with my fuddy today. and said we should do this and he said " i thought we were, and thats why your showing it to me..."

I sent you a PM, and why haven't you started on it yet! haaaaa:-D

Got my tires today! I will have them mounted tomorrow in the morning.
Ed at Sutton Engineering got FLASH BURN and he said it will take a few more days
for me to get the Housing and Axles back. I can't wait to see what it is going to look like with the tires in there!

Almost done!After you get the rear in,it,s time for the cage!WooHoo,can,t you just wait!LOL.I was lucky to do this over the winter and had time to give my body a break.Yes,getting old!8):clock:

-
Back