67 hard top windshield lock strip

-

JJUSE67GTS

Reaction score
The car I just purchased does not have the lock strip for the windshield. They only made the strip 1 year for 67 and they are very rare. Anyone have any leads on where I can get one. I found new corner pieces but did not purchase until I find the main strip.

I have seen them on here but I swapped mine to 68 with stainless

I had a line on a set but it fell through. Its the only trim piece the car needs and the old owner was upfront when I bought the car as to how hard they were to find. I don't really want to change to the 68-up style due to how original and rare the car is.

Seems like I have seen them in Classic Industries or Year One but like $150 or somewhere around there. There is someone that advertises them in mopar Collectors Guide for about $50. Will find the ad and post the info.

I have seen them on here but I swapped mine to 68 with stainless

I did the same thing. Tried to find them for over a year when I was redoing mine. They were always out of stock and no one new when they'd be back in.
It was pretty easy to make the swap and it looks soooo much better than the stock 67 crap.
Unless your going for the 67 restoration, the 68 and up's the way to go in my opinion.
I have a brand new 67 gasket if you need one.
....Brian

I did the same thing. Tried to find them for over a year when I was redoing mine. They were always out of stock and no one new when they'd be back in.
It was pretty easy to make the swap and it looks soooo much better than the stock 67 crap.
Unless your going for the 67 restoration, the 68 and up's the way to go in my opinion.
I have a brand new 67 gasket if you need one.
....Brian

X2, that's the way I'm goin'

Rather than scan the ad and post it to photobucket and hope you can read it, I will just type it out.

"Do you need this A-body trim?" (Arrows pointing at lower windshield trim)"An affordable easy to install alternative to the unobtainable factory piece, fits all 1967, 1968, & 1969 A-body convertibles, better than original or poor quality repops, only $49.99+$5 s/h, call Motrim LLC 732-513-4583 or email [email protected]"

After rereading it it is for convertibles, is the trim different than hardtops? The way I understand it is that hardtops have the chrome lockstrip around all four sides, correct?
Aaron
I am not associated with the above ad, I am just passing it along. Has anyone used this?

The 67-69 convertible piece is the same material as all four sides on the 67 hardtop...

Look at this
eBay item number:
Now contact him he can probably hook you up.

The '67 lock strip aka brite lock is the same profile for all the 4 pieces of the front and the 3 rear. If the car really is rare, then sure stay with it.

The reproduction stuff was available from Mitchell's (a horrible vender) and then shortly after Year One carried it. It arrives as straight strips. Fairly easy to install for the front. For the rear, you have to bend it using a hair dryer or low setting heat gun. I did one well, one not well. Rather than buy another 'kit', I found an NOS piece at a swap meet within a year.

One problem with this stuff, is that it shrinks lengthwise over time. Even though the profile is one year only, the same type of stuff has been used on many cars and trucks since then. Why? Dunno. Stainless trim is shinier and doesn't age. Maybe a manufacturing or cost savings measure.

New windshield gasket is finally available for the '67. For years it was not. Find a dealer for Steele Rubber.

To do the change to stainless reveal moldings correctly means doing front and rear.
You can buy a lifetime supply of 67 lock strip for about half what the change to stainless would cost.

eBay item number:
7997263722 These are the side pieces but he has the complete sets front and rear.

-
Back