• About time for old school

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • And it does fit

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
-

David clark

Reaction score
Well a couple of weekend ago I won a hell cat motor I was going to buy a 392 hemi... but now I'm starting to build a 68 barracuda convertible with a hellcat motor I'm going to name it HELLFISH I did a fit check it fit like a glove with a six speed and a four link and tubular front end omg it's going to be bad &&s

Here the motor I won

IMG_0814.JPG

Congratulations. ......sounds like a good plan to put a big grin on your face.

This could end up being the most powerful, truly streetable drop top A body ever. 700 HP in a 3500 pound car could get you in the 10's without evening trying too hard and 20 MPG. What's the plan for the rear? Tubs, tire size? 11.5 or under in the 1/4 requires a roll bar and 5 point harness, that might be a good idea for the street too. Keep us updated on this project.

This could end up being the most powerful, truly streetable drop top A body ever. 700 HP in a 3500 pound car could get you in the 10's without evening trying too hard and 20 MPG. What's the plan for the rear? Tubs, tire size? 11.5 or under in the 1/4 requires a roll bar and 5 point harness, that might be a good idea for the street too. Keep us updated on this project.

How do you put a roll bar in a Convertible? No no

Awesome. You will want the entire US Cartool Chassis Stiffening kit along with some under fender bracing that passes through the firewall near the kick panels, connects to the front area of the door sill, and continues about 6" to 10" above the door sill back to the roll bar. The higher you can tolerate it while getting in and out of the car, the better.

That was what I was told by the famed engineer/designer of the Super Stock Hemi's, Bob Tarozzi.

All I needed to beat either automatic and a manual trans stock tire Hellcats was a little normally aspirated 408" motor. It's all about hooking up. I love the Nitto 555's for the incredible hook-up and top end safety they give me on the street. They are rated to 186 mph, but I've only had them near 140+ with the top down.

IMG_0985 (Large).JPG

JohnRace2 (Large).jpg

I'd sell that motor and buy a 340 or 360..ALL these new engines are just soooooooooo ugly no style to them at all..don't care how fast they go open the hood and and throw-up..

Baracat? Hellacuda? Badassfish? I asked the service manager at the local Ram dealer "When the 5.7 grenades while it's under warrantee, can it be replaced with Hellcat?". "Uh ... Noooo". As he shook his head. Just no imagination.

Of course put the motor in, but on one condition: Tell people it's a factory 318 2 barrel car, and then put a sticker above the filler cap that says "unicorn piss only"

-
Back