69 barracuda Formula S 340 2nd owner

-
thanks, technically its not a "find" as my dad bought it before i was born (34 now) so id say its more of a re-discovery from the back yard.....my brother and i rode in it only once before it was parked in '84 so this will be cool when its done

Its coming together quickly. I still love those plates on that car...they will make a good conversation piece.

I can't tell from the pic, but the 340 looks to be a little more blue that what I am used to...perhaps it is my monitor or the picture itself.

Either way, it looks great! Keep up the good work Jason, you will be :burnout: in no time!

Yeah, I don't think its a proper blue, either...but it will look pretty sweet in that gold engine bay.

Im hoping that after it heats up a few times Itll darken up a little....but either way I like it....the only thing im not gonna like is how often im gonna by rear tires!!!!!

Looking good!
I was wondering in one of the first pics was that the stock steering wheel?
kinda looks like a road runner wheel? then again could be orig as i am not that famiar with 69's more 67 ,68.
Looks like a great car Lot's of luck.

motor is in and runs AWESOME....my first small block im excited

Attachments

• IMG_20130917_113453_416.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 224
Jason, now that right there is progress! You will like that 340, I promise!

At any rate, it looks like you are a man on a mission, and I know there are some shows in Florida during the fall. Is the car going to make a debut before the end of November? Looks like Kim is blazing through it.

Nice restoration you are performing! And lucky you having all that documentation too! Subscribed!

:coffee2:

there is a mopar show every year in november at the don garlits museum in ocala which is right around the turkey rod run at the speedway. i am sure it wont be done for this coming one but for all the future ones it will be!!

i had the points swapped out for electronic and hid the ECM box on the other side of the firewall. other than bearings, gaskets and rings i only had to replace the timing chain cover, pumps and starter..... the rest is original equipment from 1969.

i still have the points distributor but ill never use it

Nice looking car! Not pickin here, but maybe trade the vc's that are on it for correct ones. The ones on it are for 273 Commando engine...desirable. Looks like yer doing great work too! Love the notches.

install the glass....new exhaust and a trip to the DMV for new plates and tags

Attachments

• IMG_20131010_093936_594.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20131010_095041_612.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 172
Looks good! The options on that car (and there are a lot of them) makes it a real sleeper. Was there a stripe package on that car? I also thought it came with the turbine style hubcaps or wire style hubcaps, was I mistaken?

Either way, looks like a pretty straight forward restore...what does your Dad think of the car?

the build sheet and window sticker show Y78 for stripe delete

i looked at the only picture of the car my dad had from the 70's and the dog dishes were on there. the wire covers i posted on here he got a a garage sale just a few years ago.

i really dont think he cares to much. ive brought him down there to look at it and he seems disinterested. i think he has moved on from that part of his life but i could be wrong or else he would have sold it in one of the many offered he got over the last couple of decades.

-
Back