69 Dart 440 Convertible

-
I told ya it worked! Like I said, it played for 6 hours in my garage before I installed it. Glad it's working again. It actually sounds pretty good for an AM radio.
The dash speaker is from my 1990 Ram, rear speaker. It was the same part number as the original Dart speaker, only it had a different plug. I swapped over the plugs and it fit perfectly.
I used to keep the air shocks about 65PSI. I didn't notice a floating feeling on the highway, but I never really liked the alignment that was done to it. I don't think they got it set correctly. It was done at Larocca's Garage in BPT. Took him 2 hours to set it and I never liked it. Anyway, my son and I ran that car 75MPH for close to 5 hours coming back from Carlisle last summer and it ran like a top the whole way. Over 1000 miles that weekend! LOL We had the trunk loaded down with **** too!
I'll get those shocks to ya soon.
Lisa and the kids were happy to see the car. Thanks for bringing it by.

Guys, I'll get some pix of the convert up tonight I promise. Sorry for getting sideways on the thread! LOL

George

Hey George, No problem bringing the car by. My pleasure! The radio sounds great. I'm glad because the Ebay radio is junk! Looking forward to more pics! I will check out the shocks first, then the alignment. If I need to align it I will. It's kind of a pain doing it in my garage because it is so narrow, but I've done three Vettes in there with no complaints.

Finally got something to take a pic of.....
Quarter and door ready for hi-build primer.
Clutch and brakes bled, and throttle hooked up, Hurst Comp shifter installed and adjusted, and the flex fan installed. Just bought a plastic shroud off eBarf from a /6 car. Should fit like a glove.

Dart Convert 4-28-10 003.jpg

Dart Convert 4-28-10 002.jpg

Dart Convert 4-28-10 004.jpg

Dart Convert 4-28-10 005.jpg

Dart Convert 4-28-10 006.jpg

Dart Convert 4-28-10 001.jpg

Hey George, I love the dash! Looks like you will be driving soon. Can't wait to see it on the road. That car is going to screeeeem!!! Not much going on here... just ordered the headlight switch and installed a new tach. The dimmer portion of the switch gave out. The copper wiper arm of the switch that contacts the rheostat coil had built up a hard film that actually insulated it. I could have sanded it off and reinstalled it but I decided to replace it instead with a new original after 41 years. Your car looks great!

Thanks Dave. I actually fired it up tonight for the first time since October with open headers and it sounds WICKED!

George

Got the car turned around under it's own power. Got the top back up, and backed it in the garage so I can get to the pass side.

George

Lebannon Valley 5-30-10 070.jpg

Lebannon Valley 5-30-10 071.jpg

Lebannon Valley 5-30-10 072.jpg

Thanks Rob!
There doesn't seem to be much interest in this build. Posting pictures is a lot of work for me so I might just stop the thread if nobody seems interested.

George

Thanks Rob!
There doesn't seem to be much interest in this build. Posting pictures is a lot of work for me so I might just stop the thread if nobody seems interested.

George

You have my interest! Like I said, I just now found it.

Just caught the thread, and your idea of a daily driver quick build is MUCH more in detail than most peoples cars i've seen put together lol...look forward to seeing what else you do with her, love the red :)

I don't post alot, But I have followed both your threads. Great bilds!

Thanks Rob!

George
I have also been watching this post, I have a 69 Dart Convertible also and it's great watching you redo this car. I also watched your other 69 dart and you did an awesome job on that car as well. So even though I dont post much like others i am sure you have alot of guys-gals watching..

I have also been watching this post, I have a 69 Dart Convertible also and it's great watching you redo this car. I also watched your other 69 dart and you did an awesome job on that car as well. So even though I dont post much like others i am sure you have alot of guys-gals watching..
As long as there's interest I'll post progress! It's just disheartening to go through all the trouble of taking pix, uploading them, resizing them, uploading to the thread and writing the text only to have it be ignored! LOL
Thanks for the compliments fellas.

George

I'm watching as well, keep the pics and updates coming, :love7: the 67-69 darts, and a drop top to boot=P~

Hey George,I,m following your progress also.Just a tip,there should be different settings on your camera so you don,t have to resize after taking pics.I found out the hard way.LOL.Once you change your setting then you can just take pics and load(no re-sizing)which makes it much quicker for you.Keep up the great work.:cheers::clock:

Look at the views George, there are people following the thread!! I don't post too much on people's restoration threads because I don't like to muck them up with a ton of BLAH BLAH BLAH stuff. Don't stop posting stuff, you're going to make people think you don't like us anymore.

I especially want to see pictures of the wheelie bar and parachute installation. It looks like you're going to have to have both of those items to keep that thing on the ground and stopped.

LONG LIVE THE KING!! :notworth:

George,
If you stop posting pics, I'm gonna hafta go down there and hurt ya..... or is that help ya? I can never remember which one. :angry7:

Anyhow, keep up the great job. Ya know I'm a big fan of your work. This thread isn't wasted space. We're following ya all the way, brother!

Wylde1.

Hey George Im watching 2 and very impressed with your peogress that is gonna b a bad *** Dart !!!! :supz:

Thank you all!
Here are a few pix from last evening. Getting closer to driving it. I'm going to drive it in primer this summer and do the bodywork over the winter.
Still have one PITA job to do that I'm NOT looking forward to; build an exhaust system. LOL
Anyway, here is where we're at...............

69 Dart Convertible21.jpg

69 Dart Convertible22.jpg

69 Dart Convertible23.jpg

69 Dart Convertible24.jpg

69 Dart Convertible25.jpg

69 Dart Convertible26.jpg

-
Back