'69 Valiant 2DR Project

-
The factory 2.2 Turbo cars tapped turbo oil at the sender as it was directly above the oil pump. Your oil pump is right under the distributor, basically right there as well. I always Tee'd there as well for turbo retrofits. However, the oil filter housing adapter would be ever-so-slightly closer. Just don't feed the turbo too much oil or it will be pushing into the intake. You need that air gap under the shaft.

I'll have to consult a diagram but I think the pressure sensor gallery should be one of the first areas the oil pumps to. Or at least in my mind that's how it should work.
surely it goes through the filter before it goes to any gallery. so a take off at the filter area (after going through the filter of course) would be best.
neil.

The hot-side of the turbo is basically done, just need to order another v-band clamp. Next big hurdle is the cold side and the injector bungs/fuel rails.

CpeiniP.jpg

Progress is slow, been collecting parts. I did get the manifold drilled for the injector bungs and mocked up, now I have to weld them in.

RxWPWHi.jpg

I couldn’t get the hood to clear that intake elbow and throttle body combo on my early A. You may have to cut the hood on yours also which I hated doing.

I couldn’t get the hood to clear that intake elbow and throttle body combo on my early A. You may have to cut the hood on yours also which I hated doing.
The airgap manifold is slightly lower than the super victor, maybe by like an inch. I’m hoping that makes the difference. If not I’ll break out the body saw.

I’m also drawing up some plans for a fabricated manifold, I’ve always wanted to try making one of those.

Aside from four half-inch tacks on the pulley, this is my first serious attempt at welding aluminum, cast no less. Second picture is blending the bottom of the injector bungs. They come long and needed to be cut down, then blended.

MSrZDws.jpg

OFjJO1a.jpg

I love seeing this, since I plan to have my China-gap intake machines and bungs added and installing factory mpfi back on by 5.9

I love seeing this, since I plan to have my China-gap intake machines and bungs added and installing factory mpfi back on by 5.9

As you might be able to tell this is also a china-gap manifold. I didn't have the cajones to cut up my eddy one.

As you might be able to tell this is also a china-gap manifold. I didn't have the cajones to cut up my eddy one.
Yeah I noticed the dual bolt pattern on it. I’ve heard the edelbrocks flow a little better than the knock offs, but the knock off is cheap and like you, I don’t wanna mess up a $350+ intake. Lol

I got the exhaust dump tacked up. Still need to finish weld it, but I need to go get more argon before I can do that. I've also been working on wiring the Terminator X up. There's some slight changes I had to make to the harness to add coil-near-plug and to add my cam and crank sensors.

bUuSWcj.jpg

I’m still working on the car, an hour here and an hour there. I modified the water pump for a driver side inlet. I’m switching the radiator to driver side inlet and outlet, there’s just a lot more room on that side.

LbVXdG8.jpg

xn33fc2.jpg
Mounted the fuel regulator, boost control, and oil filter to the firewall. Fuel lines are plumbed to the lower firewall waiting for time to do hard line to the back. Boost controller lines are plumbed to wastegates.

Next on the list is making a radiator mount.

The car is on the ground again, kinda. Still need to install calipers, shocks and sway bar. I need to build wooden wheel stands so I can get this car up in the air. I'd like to get my frame connectors, fuel lines, and floor pans in once and for all.

bcDF8vZ.jpg

PM me, my home made wood blocks are stacked up in my garage. I think you told me you were in Webster? You can use them if you like.

Woody

I made a bracket for the crank position sensor, the one I snagged for a passenger side mount wasn't going to fit. I'm going to have a couple plasma cut, along with a small support piece to stiffen it up.

8FuadiE.jpg

I’ve been putting in some time whenever I get some, down a guy at work so lots of overtime is cutting in on the project.

ECU is installed, along with a data port in the dash. Battery cutoff switch in the bumper and another in the dash. Knock sensors installed and wired. Did some welding on the compressor housing and radiator. Made a coil harness. Got the battery and trunk wiring panel made. Along with the fan and alternator wiring. Still have to pull the pan and install the oil pump. I’m hoping to have this motor fired up sooner rather than later.

WI0vkOn.jpg

NSYUpuG.jpg

jWqTSz2.jpg

pID4MfN.jpg

JFpbGVi.jpg

hpdKw4j.jpg

WrElbJK.jpg

Impressive work!

What's the head sink for on trunk panel? Sorry if I missed it in the thread earlier.

-
Back