70 340 dart "survivor"

-

waggin

moving on ain't easy if you drive a Ford :p
Reaction score
Heres na slightly modified dart 340 survivor, just thought I'd share some pic's i just got done installing the headliner and a few other details, Not my car

Attachments

• dart survivor 004.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 796
  • dart survivor 013.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 791
  • dart survivor 012.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 717
  • dart survivor 011.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 729
  • dart survivor 010.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 755
  • dart survivor 009.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 747
  • dart survivor 008.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 762
  • dart survivor 007.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 720
  • dart survivor 006.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 732
  • dart survivor 005.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 727
heres some shots of the headliner after I finished installing it

Attachments

• pfogel70dartheadliner 014.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 687
  • pfogel70dartheadliner 013.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 742
  • pfogel70dartheadliner 012.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 753
  • pfogel70dartheadliner 011.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 740
  • pfogel70dartheadliner 024.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 696
  • pfogel70dartheadliner 023.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 740
i love it ! did you pull the glass for the headliner install ?

The best you can do is agree to disagree on what this very loose term means. No one really knows.:glasses7:

There are "survivor" car shows and each has their own subjective definitions and areas of judging. www.survivorcollectorcar.com has survivor shows in northern Illinois and base their judging on a points scale including 4 areas.
Four Areas of Inspection
Exterior: This includes everything visible with the doors, hood, and trunk closed. ( Body, exterior paint, trim, chrome, glass, etc. but not wheels, covers, or tires). Judges inspect the entire exterior as ONE component and determine if “the total” remains over 50% un-restored, un-refinished, or unaltered. To see Exterior examples, please click here.

Interior: This includes everything visible in the cabin and trunk including jambs. (Carpet, headliner, seats, dash, controls, trim, etc. but does not include windows) Judges inspect the entire interior as ONE component and determine if “the total” remains over 50% un-restored, un-recovered, un-refinished or unaltered. To See Interior examples, please click here.

Under Hood: This includes everything visible in the engine compartment. (Engine, visible frame/suspension, firewall, fender wells, underside of hood, accessories, hoses, wiring, fasteners, etc.) Judges inspect the entire under hood area as ONE component and determine if “the total” remains over 50% un-restored, un-refinished, or unaltered. To see Underhood examples, please click here.

Chassis: This includes everything visible attached to and including the frame, wheels, tires, and covers, but does not include the part of the frame/suspension visible from under hood. Judges inspect the entire chassis as ONE component and determine if “the total” remains over 50% un-restored, un-recovered, or unaltered. To see Chassis examples, please click here.

OK twist my arm--I'll give him $5000.00 for it,When can i pick it up???? nice headliner job--you could bounce a quarter off that one!!!!!!!!!! Steve

no I did not pull any glass for the install, the window channel moldings had to come out as the original headliner was under them, the original is in such good shape it could go back in....

well Im a mopar guy and when I see a car with all of the original paint and no touch up's and all of the original interior except a headliner I think survivor...the mods done to the car are in the flavor of late 70's hot rod and it's his car....I found no trace of it ever being a repaint or having any parts replaced prior to it being modified but to call it a restoration?? now that would be a far stretch also as it is all original except the rearend and some bolt on's and the addition of the four speed, I'm very happy to have been able to do the work for the man and hope to be in line to help him with it in the future, The work he has done to the car has quality workmanship and will suit his purposes...I think it' would have been scary back in the day to pull up next to one of his fords lookin for a race :yawinkle:
An extremely solid car for sure but calling it a "Survivor" is one heck if a stretch.

Great looking car. I'm not a "green" fan, that car looks great.

IMO, any mopar muscle car that has a black engine compartment that isn't black exterior is not a survivor in the collectible sense.

Nice work on the headliner.

He didn't build the car to be a collectable, he built it to drive and enjoy, no trailer queen there, i've never been a green car fan either but it is kinda growing on me, it must have been a garage kept car before he got it, Now it's a ground pounder that will turn heads and shake the windows out of the competition, the original 340 is still in it but he's massaged everything to his liking and it sound's very healthy...I gave him the forabodies only web address so look forward to meeting him, I am sure you will find john to be one of the nicest,genuine people that we all love to meet :cheers:
Great looking car. I'm not a "green" fan, that car looks great.

IMO, any mopar muscle car that has a black engine compartment that isn't black exterior is not a survivor in the collectible sense.

Nice work on the headliner.

wow, man posts pics to show a nice mopar, and so many jump in with the same ole bullshit!. nice car waggs!

this is the second headliner I have done the other was a members car (redhot) 65 valiant with no glass pulled, tricky with the glass in but who would want to pull the glass out of a car like this for a just a headliner....thats too scary...It's scary enough walking around the 42 year old paintjob on it, it took me some time letting the sun work out the fold's from the box the new headliner was in but the florida sun and patience worked hand in hand, I may have spent 20 minutes top's with the heat gun for the finishing touches. I really dont like to use the heat gun unless really nessesary, I been so busy that I only took so many pic's as I was doing the job, as I get time I think a headliner how too thread is in order.......Wagg's

Yes Waggs I would enjoy to read on how the headliner is installed it has always intrigued me !!!!!! I thought you had to pull the rear glass to do those???? or is that only in a duster--Steve

Hey Wagg, I noticed that steering wheel and brought back memories of a 70 purple 340 duster that had one and about a week before I got married in 1973 my dad woke me up at 5am cause my horn was blowing. I thought someone was laying for me but I went out to check it out and it burnt up the under dash wiring harness. It was the steering wheel rim blow was stuck. got a harness from a junk yard and had everything working except the in dash tach and the fuel guage.
Howard

when they say ya have to pull the glass to install a headliner I just want to prove em wrong.....so far I'm battin a 100.......it's tricky but not impossible, keep your hands clean at all times during an install, find and mark the centerline of the car and the headliner, from there measure from the front to the rear hoop and mark that off...Oh hell lemmi save this for the headliner install thread...stay tuned while we get educated on survivor cars......this could be great or could be a great trainwreck...... I say it's a slightly modified survivor and i'm stickin ..... to it!!!!!!!!!!
Yes Waggs I would enjoy to read on how the headliner is installed it has always intrigued me !!!!!! I thought you had to pull the rear glass to do those???? or is that only in a duster--Steve

when they say ya have to pull the glass to install a headliner I just want to prove em wrong.....so far I'm battin a 100.......it's tricky but not impossible, keep your hands clean at all times during an install, find and mark the centerline of the car and the headliner, from there measure from the front to the rear hoop and mark that off...Oh hell lemmi save this for the headliner install thread...stay tuned while we get educated on survivor cars......this could be great or could be a great trainwreck...... I say it's a slightly modified survivor and i'm stickin ..... to it!!!!!!!!!!

You're batting 1000, that's awesome. I will definitely read a headliner tutorial if you post one, because I didn't notice it when I bought my car, but take a look at the pic...hidden under the sunvisor.:banghead:

Also, your definition, "slightly modified survivor" is spot on in my opinion. There are several theories on survivors. 1) Can't have any modifications other than wearable items. 2) Modifications are fine as long as they're not more than 50% of the section and in moderate to great shape(interior, exterior, under hood, under vehicle). 3) Any old car!

It's a great looking car regardless of what anyone wants to call it.

Attachments

• 2012-04-20_20-09-42_931.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 529
-
Back