70 duster street strip build

-
This is a few pics of engine and parts i used.Engine is a 73 440 ,carb is holley 4150 street hp 950 cfm.Eagle stroker crank ,Eagle h beam rods,srs 9.7.1 pistons ,edelbrock victor intake mopar 915 heads with bigger valves double comp cam springs with street strip port job and street strip valve job ,alum 6.1 roller rockers had the block bored,decked,clerenced for stroker, crank had to be rebalanced . comp cams mutha thumpr .497 lift cam
View attachment 298.jpg

View attachment 299.jpg

View attachment 301.jpg

View attachment 303.jpg

View attachment 304.jpg

View attachment 305.jpg

View attachment 307.jpg

View attachment 308.jpg

View attachment 309.jpg

View attachment 310.jpg

ok i rewired the whole car done away with all the extra wireing like heater wires dome light .ran head light wiring under drivers fender threw wire loom ,wired ignition ,fuel pump,ele fan threw relays .I have it all wired threw the colum so switch's dont work without key in on position the engine wiring go'es out firewall and is routed under the engine at the oil pan i put 100 amp tough stuff alternater
View attachment 614.jpg

View attachment 615.jpg

View attachment 616.jpg

View attachment 617.jpg

View attachment 618.jpg

View attachment 619.jpg

View attachment 620.jpg

View attachment 621.jpg

Holy cow... that car was a throw-away for most people. I wouldn't even consider trying to repair that thing. Kudos to you for reviving a basket case...

Holy cow... that car was a throw-away for most people. I wouldn't even consider trying to repair that thing. Kudos to you for reviving a basket case...
I know your rite i wouldnt do it again if i had to lol if i build anymore i will kep them running and driving wile working on them .I have been on this car for 3 years and havnt got to drive it yet i guess the day i do get to drive it will be a happy day

sand basted rearend and under half of the car and painted rear black and under half in primer laying under the car sand blasting and wire brushing is a huge pain if you have a chance to put your car on a rotisorie do it
View attachment 324180

View attachment 324181

View attachment 324182

View attachment 324183

View attachment 324184

View attachment 324185

View attachment 324186

View attachment 324187

View attachment 324188

View attachment 324189
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BY DOING ALL THAT ON YOUR BACK. I JUST DID MY 70 DART LIKE THAT AND NEVER AGAIN. BEEN FOLLOWING THIS CAR FOR AWILE . LOOKING GOOD:glasses7:

Nice progress. Looks like you should be driving her sooner than you think. Keep plugging along.:coffee2:

Nice progress. Looks like you should be driving her sooner than you think. Keep plugging along.:coffee2:
I sure hope so! I only get to work on the car maybe once a month . I have four kids so they take up alot of my time .And I have to keep the girl friend happy.But she let's me work on it when I want to .She is open minded and dosent try to change me .

I got a nice set of mopar performance valve covers and matching air cleaner from one of the fabo mambers so instaled them today. So i will be saleing the crome covers and breather i had on the engine first two pics are of the ones i have for sale and the others are of the new ones installed pm me if interested i will take 100 for the set and the air cleaner alone was 190 for sumit or jegs
View attachment new1 002.jpg

View attachment new1 005.jpg

View attachment new 1 612.jpg

View attachment new 1 615.jpg

View attachment new 1 616.jpg

Well back further in the thread i was telling you all about how i was having trouble getting the quarters to match the doors so i started workking on that part of the car i decided it would be better to cut and match the quarter panel than it would be to add metal to the doors my thanking was if i ever have to put a defrent door on the car i would be adding metal to the door again so guess ille just do it rite now and save time later
View attachment new 1 617.jpg

View attachment new 1 618.jpg

View attachment new 1 619.jpg

View attachment new 1 620.jpg

View attachment new 1 621.jpg

-
Back