70 Swinger 340

-
BEAUTIFUL car you have there. A lot of people are surprised to find out the V02 option came from the factory, as you don't see a lot of two tone cars these days. Everyone assumes it should have a vinyl top! Love your color combination........my two tone green V02 is one of those combinations that you either love or hate! I guess you just had to have lived in the 60's and 70's when greens, especially 'avocado green' were quite the norm! Ben.

Attachments

• 04-29-13 001.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 605
Any new updates with the Dart? Who did you get the carpet through?
Im working on recovering the seats now. Ive got the rear done and installed, and have moved on to the buckets. Working with 40+ year old seat material is interesting. You can put a lot of work into rebuilding/recovering a seat. Appears to me they've seen a lot of *** over the years. The carpet came from Legendary. They drop ship it from ACC "auto custom carpets"

Not perfect, but much better. You can see how funky the color on the old covers got. They had been recovered sometime in the past and had some interesting material used for repair. I only have one back done on the buckets, hoping to get them finished up this weekend.

Attachments

• DSCN0527.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 571
  • DSCN0526.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 577
  • DSCN0524.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 587
  • DSCN0525.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 568
  • DSCN0529.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 569
Seeing that you definitely know what your doing with your car. I think I need to have you help me with my bucket seats. First I have a question about your bucket seats. The button for tipping the seat forward is it located on the side of the seat and rectangle in shape? Reason i ask is cause I pulled a set of buckets from a 70 Duster to be recovered for my 70 dart. I already have the new set covers from Legendary just like yours only in black. I read somewhere that the Duster seat is the same as the Dart seat I hope that is correct. I could make a trip Mi. as I have relatives in Mi. Good wishful thinking on my part!!!!!!! Your car looks totally awesome Thank you for the info on the carpet.

Yes, the button is rectangular and has a stem that pushes on the latch mechanism inside the upper seat frame. its a pretty stout latch that just needs a little lube when you pull it apart. very easy! not sure if the seats are exactly the same, When ordering the parts from legendary, they said they didn't carry new foam for the 70 A body seats, they do show replacement foam for the B bodies. I guess I cant imagine that the 70 A and B seats would be that much different. I guess im saying im not sure if your seats are the same!

Thank you once again for the info on the seats. Did you have to buy new seat foam for your buckets? If so what did you get?

no, I didn't replace any seat foam. Legendary didn't carry it, so I didn't go any farther searching. I figure if they don't have, it would be a tuff find. Ill just do my best to repair what I have.

Very impressive 70, great color combo. Nice work, I would love to see it in person when finished, Quality!!

getting closer, should be able to fire it up soon.

Attachments

• DSCN0582.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 493
  • DSCN0583.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 469
  • DSCN0584.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 469
  • DSCN0585.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 475
I had to get rid of the radial tires, they just didn't look right. I went with some Goodyear bias ply's and it looks much better. I also had the original block repaired with a sleeve and will be switching motors this coming summer. The block was damaged pretty bad with a hole in one cylinder the size of your fist. lets hope it works and doesn't leak water.

Looks like it's detailed very factory correct, except for that yellow coil.......nice job !!!

The yellow coil is an accel unit. I stripped the yellow and painted it satin black and used a dry transfer decal with the correct markings

I noticed it has rocker panel mldings....Never saw one from the factory with them...They look great tho...whats the story behind them?

WOW! Beautiful car and what attention to detail. Let me tell ya, I'm currently in the market for a 70 340 Swinger, had my heart set on FE5 or Tx9, after seeing yours I might have to make an exception..
Stunning!

Not perfect, but much better. You can see how funky the color on the old covers got. They had been recovered sometime in the past and had some interesting material used for repair. I only have one back done on the buckets, hoping to get them finished up this weekend.

Not to nit pick, but these are not 1970 bucket seats.
1970 bucket seats were a 1 year only seat, which had a different seat back, and pot metal button cover.

Having said that, the car is coming out great, glad I found your thread. :)

I had to get rid of the radial tires, they just didn't look right. I went with some Goodyear bias ply's and it looks much better. I also had the original block repaired with a sleeve and will be switching motors this coming summer. The block was damaged pretty bad with a hole in one cylinder the size of your fist. lets hope it works and doesn't leak water.

Yeah it was a big hole. It dropped a valve, took out the piston & Rod. There was nothing left in that cylinder but a big hole. Pieces of the shrapnel were in the carb and exhaust when that one went. When I installed the stroker, I fired it up walked behind the car and some of the left over pieces in the exhaust hit me in the legs. Lol

Not to nit pick, but these are not 1970 bucket seats.
1970 bucket seats were a 1 year only seat, which had a different seat back, and pot metal button cover.

Having said that, the car is coming out great, glad I found your thread. :)

I don't know about that one......The seats in that car are original, matter of fact the hole interior was when I bought it from my understanding.

-
Back