work.

Please keep the pics coming when you are doing the assembly. What
color is the interior going to be?

I really like that Dart! Love the color combo and the quality of the
work.

Please keep the pics coming when you are doing the assembly. What
color is the interior going to be?
interior will be the origional brown.

Had some help over the holiday, so we installed some of the front end. first goal is to get it rolling.

Attachments

• 70 swinger 001.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 630
  • 70 swinger 002.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 634
  • 70 swinger 003.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 611
Looks good! Congrats. The color combo with the stripe looks awsome.

Looks great. Is the stroker going back in?
Yes, the stroker is planned to go back in. It seems to be a good fresh engine, and i see no reason to start over. I do have a PM into Brian at IMM asking what would happen if i wanted to run factory manifolds, and either run a dual plane or iron intake. The engine currently has a pretty large solid flat tappet cam, and im also pondering a cam change to a more friendly hydraulic. I think there are oiling mods to the solid lifters, and am not sure if a cam change is possible. thats the most important question. Im just wanting a more stock look with the factory air cleaner and such. Any opinions or thoughts on this are welcome

If you have to stay mechanical I am sure Brian could have a custom ground cam made to work with the stock manifolds.

Yes, the stroker is planned to go back in. It seems to be a good fresh engine, and i see no reason to start over. I do have a PM into Brian at IMM asking what would happen if i wanted to run factory manifolds, and either run a dual plane or iron intake. The engine currently has a pretty large solid flat tappet cam, and im also pondering a cam change to a more friendly hydraulic. I think there are oiling mods to the solid lifters, and am not sure if a cam change is possible. thats the most important question. Im just wanting a more stock look with the factory air cleaner and such. Any opinions or thoughts on this are welcome

No mods were done to run the Solid Lifters. They are the Johnson Lifters with the EMD Holes on the bottom of them that keep pressurized oil on the cam lobes is all. It also has Manton Oil Thru Pushrods to keep pressurized oil on the Ball & Cup at the Rocker Arm. I find that the valve adjustment stays extremely stable when running with this set up.

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/...ZW5naW5lcw==&level1=TGlmdGVycw==&partid=24238

http://www.mantonpushrods.com/index.html

hey Louis,
The reason i asked that is that on the paperwork you provided for the engine, has a couple notes under special instructions that say "oil hole in bolt passenger side" "oil hole in galley plug" "install plugs in block deck oil holes". Maybe that just means to install the origional plugs etc... I am just throwing some ideas out there to make the engine "look more stock'' and maybe going back to a hydraulic cam would be the best bet. Im kind of waiting to hear back from IMM engines to see what they say. Stock manifolds would be a real plus for sure. as far as intakes go, i could live with a performer rpm. I also may want to go with a factory oil pan.

hey Louis,
The reason i asked that is that on the paperwork you provided for the engine, has a couple notes under special instructions that say "oil hole in bolt passenger side" "oil hole in galley plug" "install plugs in block deck oil holes". Maybe that just means to install the origional plugs etc... I am just throwing some ideas out there to make the engine "look more stock'' and maybe going back to a hydraulic cam would be the best bet. Im kind of waiting to hear back from IMM engines to see what they say. Stock manifolds would be a real plus for sure. as far as intakes go, i could live with a performer rpm. I also may want to go with a factory oil pan.

Oh, I know what that is "Machinist Notes". I was originally going to Run Magnum Heads but ended up not doing it. So yes the block's oil galley's at the deck surface that feed oil up through the head to the Rocker stands at one time had plugs tapped and installed. The plugs were removed before the LA Heads were installed. Sorry for the confusion..

Whatever you end up doing, I am sure it will be bad ***. You are doing an excellent job on it!

Ok, thanks for clearing that up Louis! so your telling me that if i decide on a cam change its no problem? Really the only reason for a cam change will be decided after someone tells me what will happen with the change to stock manifolds and a dual plane intake or cast iron intake and the origional AVS. Those changes may not work so well with the stroker crank and solid cam.

Original AVS only 625 CFM that would really choke off those cubes. If you use an Eddie 800 AVS and Eddie RPM intake painted engine color no one will know the difference, it will have that stock original look. Then have Brian grind you up a custom cam to work with the combo. TTI 2 1/2" exhaust with some Dynomax Ultra flow mufflers hooked to those stock manifolds will let that stroker breath. I think you would end up with plenty of power and an original look.

Original AVS only 625 CFM that would really choke off those cubes. If you use an Eddie 800 AVS and Eddie RPM intake painted engine color no one will know the difference, it will have that stock original look. Then have Brian grind you up a custom cam to work with the combo. TTI 2 1/2" exhaust with some Dynomax Ultra flow mufflers hooked to those stock manifolds will let that stroker breath. I think you would end up with plenty of power and an original look.
Thats what im lookin for! Ill try calling IMM if i dont hear back from Brian here. One more thing! will a factory 360 oil pan fit the stroker crank/girdle combo???? anyone have a pan for sale?

Factory pan will clear the stroker crank with room to spare. You could go with a Kevko 6 quart they don't hang below the k-member or stick out on the sides. So once installed its hard to tell its not stock. And its 6 quarts plus the filter. If you want a stock pan Mancini Racing has them.

Beautiful car, love the color combo with the white stripe. Can't wait to see it finished. Thanks for sharing.

That looks like a piece of jewlery!! I just painted the bottom of my 71 dart, light gunmetal met. and love the color also, I've been back and forth on a white roof but seeing this puts things in perspective!!

Ok, thanks for clearing that up Louis! so your telling me that if i decide on a cam change its no problem? Really the only reason for a cam change will be decided after someone tells me what will happen with the change to stock manifolds and a dual plane intake or cast iron intake and the origional AVS. Those changes may not work so well with the stroker crank and solid cam.

Yes you can change the cam to anything you like. It will be no problem at all.

-
Back